anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by anonymiss on Aug 12, 09 12:57 AM
Taltam1 wrote: I see you conveniently (or inconveniently) missed my point that outlines the freedom and necessity (as individually determined) to share my opinion and my criticism of this game. The word "you" is NOWHERE connected to the word SIMPLE in my post. I made my point using YOUR WORD: SIMPLE. In your opinion, the decision to download or not was a SIMPLE one. I simply pointed out the obvious. Own what you said. It's not a personal attack. It is what it is.


Oh yes, I now see your point! How silly of me to think YOU were making it personal. I suppose when YOU (or should I say, the 'royal' YOU when used as YOU did in this instance) used the term "a [sic] evolved response from the evolved", wasn't actually indicative of a personal attack. Once again, thank YOU for pointing out my ineptitude - I guess YOU really do learn something every day!

Edited on 08/12/2009 at 1:03:47 AM PST


 
jojo2311
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by jojo2311 on Aug 12, 09 3:05 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous!! For those of you getting all serious and worked up over the fact it is a Graveyard Game... 'Get A Grip!!!, Its ONLY a game!'. The comments made here are a good example of why our society is what it is! It is not just political correctness gone mad, it's people!

This is a game forum, not an Agony Aunt Column. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Simple! But please don't harp on about it being about 'death' and 'graves' etc.

It's like being on a diet, and coming on a forum and mouthing off about 'Cake Mania', because it might tempt me... or even worse I could harp on about how it encourages children to eat cakes which will rot their teeth etc!!!!

Ridiculous!!!

I like this game, and bought it. I am however experiencing technical issues with it. Which is a shame, cos it's the first game i've deemed worthy of buying for a while.

For those who like this game, Happy Playing!!!!


 
lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 12, 09 3:22 AM
Oh Boy what have I started, I ment the statement with "tongue in cheek" being a bit of an oldie. But yes if it had not been a TM I might have tried it, I look for games that entertain me after a busy day. I have to use my brain all day and like to be entertained when I play games.

It does not worry me about religious, tarot cards, murders ect. Infact one of my favourites is RTR that had tarrot murder grave yards you name it, Oh maybe not tarot cards that could have been Madame Fate (see I did say I am a bit of an oldie)

Everyone to therei own, if the whole world liked and disliked the same thing what a dreary place, but thanks goodness we are in a pond place that we can say what we feel, but no good getting all ratty on other peoples reasons, as I said we are all differant thank goodness. I will go back to finishing "City Style" as unlike a lot I realy am enjoying it, but not that good that I cannot leave it to watch a bit TV buty it is entertaining me and love some of those shoes..

Cheers to all Be Happy



lineck

 
anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by anonymiss on Aug 12, 09 3:38 AM
jojo2311 wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous!! For those of you getting all serious and worked up over the fact it is a Graveyard Game... 'Get A Grip!!!, Its ONLY a game!'. The comments made here are a good example of why our society is what it is! It is not just political correctness gone mad, it's people!

This is a game forum, not an Agony Aunt Column. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Simple! But please don't harp on about it being about 'death' and 'graves' etc.

It's like being on a diet, and coming on a forum and mouthing off about 'Cake Mania', because it might tempt me... or even worse I could harp on about how it encourages children to eat cakes which will rot their teeth etc!!!!

Ridiculous!!!

I like this game, and bought it. I am however experiencing technical issues with it. Which is a shame, cos it's the first game i've deemed worthy of buying for a while.

For those who like this game, Happy Playing!!!!



Well said. I couldn't agree more!

Edited on 08/12/2009 at 3:40:27 AM PST


 
Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Aug 12, 09 6:07 AM
anonymiss wrote:
Taltam1 wrote: I see you conveniently (or inconveniently) missed my point that outlines the freedom and necessity (as individually determined) to share my opinion and my criticism of this game. The word "you" is NOWHERE connected to the word SIMPLE in my post. I made my point using YOUR WORD: SIMPLE. In your opinion, the decision to download or not was a SIMPLE one. I simply pointed out the obvious. Own what you said. It's not a personal attack. It is what it is.


Oh yes, I now see your point! How silly of me to think YOU were making it personal. I suppose when YOU (or should I say, the 'royal' YOU when used as YOU did in this instance) used the term "a [sic] evolved response from the evolved", wasn't actually indicative of a personal attack. Once again, thank YOU for pointing out my ineptitude - I guess YOU really do learn something every day!


First simple, now silly.... But it's a personal attack if I repeat your same words to you? Are you serious? Wonders never cease.

Deuces.


Edited on 08/12/2009 at 6:08:51 AM PST


 

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by indibabs on Aug 12, 09 7:57 AM
i have to agree with beriah,

its not as bad as what people are saying. its just an innocent game. the game is not making you kill people to bury them, its just running a graveyard. tons of people around the world really do this for a living. they are not morbid for doing so. its comforting to the family to have the grave site decorated nicely and taken care of. this game does that as his income. i played it, bought it and feel it is a truely unique, new idea to tm games and i would suggest everyone give it a try. your missing out if you don't. it is a much needed change from the typical passing dinner plates, cutting hair, pushing spa buttons, etc .... you can only do so many tm games before its like i quit. they are all the same. i was getting burnt out. this was a refresher.

barbara in indiana

 
bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Aug 12, 09 10:56 AM
Hi all,

Just dropping in to remind everyone to be respectful to one another here in the forums. We are all entitled to our opinions, whether they are positive or negative, so please let one another share those opinions without retaliation. We want the forums to be a positive place where people can discuss what they enjoyed or disliked about games, so let's keep the tone positive and let everyone add their two cents.

Thank you!

bfgEuphrates

 

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by Echoes on Aug 12, 09 1:02 PM
I cant even get this gamne to load it has already wasted over 20 mins of my free trial so its junk and not worth the download!

 
anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by anonymiss on Aug 13, 09 4:59 AM
Taltam1 wrote:Wonders never cease.


Uh huh. And that's what keeps life interesting!

 

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by michellew on Sep 6, 09 2:05 PM
I am sorry to all of you who have lost a loved one and are still hurting over it. I can see why you would have no desire to play this game, but I agree with Beriah... it is a great game. It is lighthearted and funny because of all the little things that have been added to it. It is one of the few games that I have enjoyed over and over.

Usually after I finish a game, I dont really want to play it again for a long time. But this one I have finished four times in a row and keep trying to beat my old score. It really is a good game if you are not completly offended by the premis of it, give it a try you might like it!

 
mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by mszoomy on Sep 11, 09 7:42 AM
I think it's funny that so many people are against a game about burying people but enjoy games about fattening them up (ie: diner dash etc.) which puts them in an early grave to begin with!!!

I LOVED the game I thought it was unique, funny, challenging and I like decorating my graves!!


 
 
 
 
Go to: