Dea2112
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Build-a-Lot 4: Power Source comments and reviews

[Post New]by Dea2112 on Aug 18, 09 8:13 AM
I adore this game, what a wonderful spin they put on it! I bought it as soon as I saw it and didn't even play the demo. That is brand loyalty for a well deserved product <3

[Post New]by ravenkiddy on Aug 21, 09 12:27 PM
I really like the game, but now I am having issues with it saving.

It wont save anything past the normal campaign. The expert campaign I have to start from trhe beginning.

[Post New]by brunettebeauty46 on Aug 22, 09 10:45 AM
Here is my problem, the rent is not coming in. I have houses and rental income but money is not coming. Why? Seems to be a problem with the game that i never had with the previous ones. HELP!!! Should I reinstall?

[Post New]by samdun on Aug 26, 09 1:12 PM
Will Build-a-lot 2, 3, & 4 be offered for MAC any time soon?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 27, 09 6:43 PM
brunettebeauty46 wrote:Here is my problem, the rent is not coming in. I have houses and rental income but money is not coming. Why? Seems to be a problem with the game that i never had with the previous ones. HELP!!! Should I reinstall?

You don't collect any rent in this game if you're in a power black-out. Otherwise the rent should work the same way as in previous games in the series.

There's a power meter in the upper left that shows if you're above or below your available power. If the bright line goes to the right of the marker, you go into blackout, and you won't get any rent until you address the issue.

But if you're not in blackout and you're not getting rent, I'd reinstall the game and see if that fixes it.

Robin

lefaye22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Build-a-Lot 4: Ugly Neighborhoods

[Post New]by lefaye22 on Aug 28, 09 7:40 AM
I cannot believe that no one has commented on the "ugliness" of both the green energy sources and the recreation additions. As far as the energy sources, it gives people the idea that if we go green everyone's neighborhood is going to look very unappealing, as if you have to give up beauty to be "green". I think they could have done a much better job laying it out so the energy sources are off to the side and surrounded by trees or something. Also, the ampitheater, mini-golf course, and swimming pool would bring down the value of a house, not upgrade it 25 points. Who in their right mine would want to live by an ampitheater, unless of course you're in a young apartment complex. Thumbs down on Build-a-lot 4. Too difficult and you create "ugly" neighborhoods that no one would want to live in. Nuclear plants one lot over from houses with tennis courts or swimming pools in between? Who do you know that would want to spend time recreationally next to a nuclear plant?

Mine hasn't saved either and it is quite annoying!

[Post New]by splank25 on Sep 5, 09 6:18 PM
I can't save my game. Everytime I have to start from Level 8. This is really making me mad because I was on the 3rd campaign and now its all gone. does anyone know how to fix this?

[Post New]by laura_n84 on Sep 24, 09 10:58 AM
can anyone please please please help with expert level 4???!!?? i just cant get to +200 appeal and not blackout! nightmare!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 4, 09 9:34 PM
laura_n84 wrote:can anyone please please please help with expert level 4???!!?? i just cant get to +200 appeal and not blackout! nightmare!

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? It's posted free here at Big Fish Games. Just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough. It has a step by step walkthrough for each level, including a screenshot, which should help.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s. If you are trying to use the trick wher eyou demolish a nuclear reactor at the very end in order to get the Appeal mark before going into blackout, make sure that you have built the Reactor so that it doesn't affect any houses. Look at the walkthrough screenshots for examples.

[Post New]by jmccord on Oct 6, 09 7:03 PM
After all the comments listed in this section about game crashes, why hasn't a patch been marketed by the BF site to allow players to finish the game. I made it to the expert challenge and the game won't unlock the challenge. It keeps repeated the last game of the challenge.
I can advance to the next campaign but would have to leave my computer running till I mastered the entire expert campaign because the minute I shut down, the progress won't be saved. It is a fun game but needs a patch to iron out the bugs! J.

[Post New]by missinnovrain on Oct 6, 09 8:36 PM
I cant even get it to load on my computer. I've never had trouble with these games before so I don't understand.

[Post New]by HyperboleHunter on Nov 13, 09 7:42 PM
Build-a-lot 4 is a decent addition to the series. The same familiar game with new twists and turns and enough challenges to keep interest alive.

Looking forward to the next one.

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Jan 13, 10 12:33 PM
just played the hour trial and will be buying this game!! love it! I've had no problems so far with the game crashing. I like that the levels do get harder as you move on as some of the games I've played before don't get any harder and I like a challenge. great game so far!

[Post New]by Victoria1km on Jun 19, 10 7:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows when Big Fish will get the NEW BAL :"Elizabethan Era" I played the hour demo from the other site and love this one but I want to get it from Big Fish. I have purchased all 4 BAL games and loved 3 of them, I didnt even finish the 4th one, I didnt care for it all. So I have been anxiously awaiting this next installment of the game.
I hope BiG Fish gets this one soon

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jul 9, 10 4:19 AM
Bought this game a long time ago (at least a year) without doing a demo cause it was a BAL game, but didn't really click with it, and just again assayed playing it. No technical issues, but it's so easy I'm sailing through the thing with all star ribbons. Kind of disappointing, really.

I actually demo'd the Elizabethan one and found it to be exactly like the first BAL, except with cheesy totally annoying "medieval" English complete with thees and thous in the absolutely wrong places and flowery prose that obscures the goals until you look at the goals tab. Lasted only 45 minutes before taking the whole mess off my computer.

Honestly, who wants to be told to "provide latrines for all thy abodes" instead of "upgrade all farmhouses to 2 stars"? I think I'm done with these BAL games.

[Post New]by vogt_v on Aug 5, 10 11:48 AM
First of all, this is the hardest version yet (why someone claims it's the easist when you have to watch the power used is beyond me!).

Secondly, the career (campaign) earnings ARE tracked (I have it at the top of my screen, so I don't know why some people haven't been able to see this.

I LOVE the BAL games (have all but the Elizabethan Era on my computer - waiting until I finish this one and can splurge). I finished all 6 of the casual modes (all but the last game under 30 minutes) and only played the first 15 levels yesterday (when I got this game) because when I got the 3rd game on the 1st, I stayed up all night long until 5 in the morning to play the whole game through - I just couldn't stop! Just need to redo the 5 games I missed the star on.

I think the 'planner' is set up weird since in the 3rd game, the passport actually lets you see where the level was played and the planner in this game only tells you the level's number and if you completed it with a star or just normal. Would love if they actually showed the towns.

[Post New]by vogt_v on Aug 5, 10 11:49 AM
First of all, this is the hardest version yet (why someone claims it's the easist when you have to watch the power used is beyond me!).

Secondly, the career (campaign) earnings ARE tracked (I have it at the top of my screen, so I don't know why some people haven't been able to see this.

I LOVE the BAL games (have all but the Elizabethan Era on my computer - waiting until I finish this one and can splurge). I finished all 6 of the casual modes (all but the last game under 30 minutes) and only played the first 15 levels yesterday (when I got this game) because when I got the 3rd game on the 1st, I stayed up all night long until 5 in the morning to play the whole game through - I just couldn't stop! Just need to redo the 5 games I missed the star on.

I think the 'planner' is set up weird since in the 3rd game, the passport actually lets you see where the level was played and the planner in this game only tells you the level's number and if you completed it with a star or just normal. Would love if they actually showed the towns.

[Post New]by lina_nae21 on Mar 19, 11 12:51 AM
This is definitely one of the hardest Build-a-Lot games keeping up with the power sources and also trying to get the trophies. Its extremely fun and will keep you busy for hours. I've had the game for over a year and I constantly go back to the game and start over after finishing all the campaigns.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on May 15, 11 1:27 PM
This may be a fun game to many, I tried it and its just not my type of game. I don't like how fast the house becomes damaged or some of the other things that happen. The graphics are a bit childlike to me and there's nothing exciting about game play.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on May 30, 11 2:41 PM
I didn't care for this game. Games that make you buy materials, and workers just don't appeal to me. I bought Get Rich, and that was a disappointment, but first bought Get Richer, which I enjoy, and have played many times. This game is just much going on for me.

Go to: