worst game

Re:worst game

[Post New]by vanhalenpuppy on Dec 14, 09 12:29 PM
What a shockingly bad game - so boring, I will never buy anther game that i can't try first. I am sick of wasting money on poor games that i end up deleting from my computer after just a littlw while playing on them.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Jan 6, 10 2:31 PM
I like to give every game at least a try before I judge it sometimes you just have to be patient anyway stupid me bought this one it looked fun and I hate it hate it hate it I do hope I get a refund this is the most awful game I have ever [tried] to play It only gets worse as it goes along. I am very dissappointed in BF for this game.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Jan 6, 10 2:32 PM
NO DO NOT TRY THIS GAME it is awful

[Post New]by Dr_Britcom_Mom on Apr 6, 10 9:24 PM
It's a rather typical test adventure (an old genre) layered over impressionistic type paintings and intermittent photographs. I really do like the game, but I think it's because I understood it was a souped up text adventure/mystery before I bought it.

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Apr 6, 10 9:50 PM
Carol reed mysteries are a different format of LF adventure style games, using actual photgraphs,, one must think of the work and thought and how many pictures it took to create the game.. The photgraphy is excellent and the format is unique , if one looks at these games a walking picture postcard of this town in sweeden instead of waitng for gumblebots to explode in a game or searching for objects in a myriad of grossly fantasized objects with a spider running around the screen ,, maybe then these style of games can be appreciated, and if you needed a walkthrough,, well that explains your gaming ability.. Instead of enjoying the game, and patiently searching as if you were a detective to find the hotspots,, well maybe these gamers should stick to search for candlesticks in a junk pile ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However HOGS can be enjoyable if one does not need to think and they are very easy style games...

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Apr 16, 10 6:58 AM
don"t have sound, tried everything to get it. going to try to play without it, played east side and loved it,but then again I had the sound...well off I go to try..linda

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 16, 10 7:04 AM
LOVED this game - but it's not a hidden object one - this is the first game I tried and got hooked on adventure games. Love it that I learn so much and I feel like I'm there - with all the beautiful photos. Not RTR for sure, but still very lovely.

[Post New]by rachaelspires on Jun 7, 10 5:04 AM
I went back to this game a couple of times, it has bored me to tears. The graphics are terrible and the layout of the game is so amateur. I played for a couple of hours but could not be bothered going back to it. I have been a member for a couple of years and yes they do have terrific customer service here, that's why I stay loyal

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 31, 10 9:03 AM
Well that does it for me...

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 8, 10 9:24 PM
I have to disagree with many of the posts in this thread..

Remedy is an actual adventure game, and therefore requires thought on the part of the player to solve its many puzzles. True adventure games are not HOGs, but are a genre unto themselves, and are not expected to be completed in a few hours.

That being said, Remedy is a first attempt by the game's author, and yes, it could be more "polished". The author "posterized" many of the photographs used in the game, which is something I would have preferred they had not done, as the unphotoshopped images would have been more interesting, imho.

The game also suffers from sound incompatibility under Windows 7 (and probably Vista). So the player has to play without sound, which only becomes an issue with one puzzle at the end of the game, so if you are soundless, you will need to check a walkthrough to get the solution to the door sound puzzle.

The game's author has released a subsequent game, East Side Story with the same heroine, which is a much more polished game, and is also available on BFG.

Go to: