azenalyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness forum

[Post New]by azenalyn on Aug 17, 09 2:15 PM
A WORD OF CAUTION TO THOSE WHO ARE CONSIDERING THIS GAME. It freezes in the attic when you look out the window at Loch Ness. There are several who have complained of this. I hope there is a solution to this problem or I can get my credit back. Have written tech support so will see in a day or two.

Ammygo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ammygo on Aug 17, 09 5:03 PM
Is game worth buying? Anyone ?

[Post New]by monyka on Aug 18, 09 10:47 AM
I have the same problem, it freezes in the attic. Please let me know if there's a solution to that. Thx.

nance91947
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nance91947 on Aug 18, 09 12:01 PM
Ammygo wrote:Is game worth buying? Anyone ?

I think so... it's interesting and fun. I've not had any "freezing" problems, even in the attic as others stated. My only "complaint" is that each time you start the game you've got to muddle through all of the opening dialogue. Right now
I'm aggravated...trying umpteenth time to make it thru the underwater maze....lol! Anyone who made it thru the water maze, please, please let us know any hints... Thanks!!!

[Post New]by loridemo on Aug 19, 09 11:36 AM
I'm also experiencing the freezing when I look out the attic window...what a pain! Any answers would be appreciated...thanks

essexie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by essexie on Aug 20, 09 10:06 AM
Please Help me!

I am in the attic storage room and i am looking out the window at the loch ness monster. The walkthrough says you need to take a photograph of the monster with the camera. Well neither of the two mice buttons work. It has frozen on this scene and the music just keeps on playing but I cannot do anything.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me here?

[Post New]by Alexa307 on Aug 20, 09 8:34 PM
where can I find the walkthrough for this game?

azenalyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by azenalyn on Aug 21, 09 6:18 AM
RECOMMENDATION FROM TECH SUPPORT RE: FREEZING OF GAME.
They instruct me to go to my computer manufacturing website to get an update of my video driver. Seems like a lot of trouble for a game. But putting that aside I have to say the tech support for this site is very helpful and fairly timely. This however will put me off large file games from now on.

essexie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by essexie on Aug 21, 09 9:05 AM
Alexa - I just googled it and it was great.

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcCe/Cameron.htm

You will need to copy and paste this address.

I will try that azenalyn - thank you! I look forward to hearing what tech support advises you to do. It is very annoying.

Nance91947 - go to the walkthrough - it gives you exact instructions and screenshots for the maze.

[Post New]by rv6av8r on Aug 24, 09 11:33 PM
slm1948 wrote:Adventure games are hard for me. I'll also want to wait for a walkthrough.

SOLUTION TO FREEZING GAME SOLVED

[Post New]by Jungle_Jim on Aug 27, 09 8:42 AM
In order to keep the game from freezing then do the following:

For Windows Xp

Right Click On The Shortcut On The Desktop To The Game

Then Go Down And Click On Properties

Select Compatibility Tab

Check the Box [Run this program in compatibility mode for]

Select Windows 98/Windows me

Click Ok

The game will run without freezing

[b]

Finished the Game at last!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Aug 28, 09 12:52 PM
Whew, thought I would have to dump it several times, but I'm stubborn and I got through it. The timed puzzles aggravate me. It is worth buying in my opinion, because it is interesting and there is lots to do. I did have to consult the walkthrough, wouldn't have made it without that.

I like the feature of using the map to go from place to place.

teesheets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by teesheets on Aug 30, 09 8:21 AM
I like the game so far but I agree that it's irritating to wonder around without any hints or guidance. You spend a lot of time walking around trying to figure out what to do next. I've picked up a lot of objects but in some scenes he says to take a look at an object but there is nothing there. Still looking for a walkthrough so that I don't have yet another unfinished Large File game.
I, also, agree that we should be able to try these large file games before we buy them at "any" price. I've been duped several times into buying large file games that are shorter than most of the regular games I've downloaded. It makes me wonder what else is in the "large file" download that we don't know about because it's certainly not game play. LOL

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Sep 4, 09 4:43 PM
This is an old game and 2002 graphics, It is in reality very easy,, nothing much to do except search the rooms and anything a hand lights up with grab and move on.. there are numerous walkthroughs available , but one really needs none, It has a very good story, boring graphics and if it stutters or , freezes,, simply , temporarily turn off any anti virus programs and it usually cures it.. I have to say I was disappointed when I purchased it to find out it was made in 2002 and was very disappointed in the old graphics and poor illustrations of blobs representing people.. I think BFG should have to told people it was a 2002 game.. but all in all big deal 7 bucks and about 6 hours of entertainment,, so for 2 bucks an hour cannot complain..

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Welcome to The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness forum

[Post New]by Halotop on Sep 15, 09 1:52 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I agree with the posts that won't buy LF programs because they cannot try them. I would hav e purchased this one if the walkthrough url's had not been deleted by the moderator.. with a walkthrough it might have been fun

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Sep 25, 09 4:17 PM
TeresaRollen wrote:For anyone who is interested, there are a few reviews on Amazon. I read a couple of them. Two things about the game: you have to do things in a certain order (linear) and there are some timed sequences in the game.

Do you mean "timed sequences" as in trying to catch those SHEEP in Nancy Drew/Castle Malloy? (or however it's spelled).

I never finished that game because of those dang sheep.

[Post New]by sookool on Sep 28, 09 12:57 PM
I am in the submarine bay - Timer is ticking away - I've retrieved the starry key from the bucket......I'm supposed to be able to cross to the right to see the lovely Moira trapped in a cage. The system is still ticking away and I cannot access Moira or the cage so I can free her. I cannot find any other must do thing to do before this is allowed. So.....can someone suggest any help here. I'm on the clock to game over.

[Post New]by dbyb77 on Oct 3, 09 5:40 PM
gamer_girl_09 wrote:
TeresaRollen wrote:For anyone who is interested, there are a few reviews on Amazon. I read a couple of them. Two things about the game: you have to do things in a certain order (linear) and there are some timed sequences in the game.

Do you mean "timed sequences" as in trying to catch those SHEEP in Nancy Drew/Castle Malloy? (or however it's spelled).

I never finished that game because of those dang sheep.

Yes, I had a hard time at first with the ND Malloy sheep. It doesn't work until its the right time and you use the whistle. Could try Junior level, as well. I got the hang of it and finished it. The second time I played the game, it was a breeze! Hope you try it again and finish the game.

Not sure I'll download the Cameron Loch Ness game.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

SOLUTION TO FREEZING GAME SOLVED

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 7, 09 8:11 PM
Jungle_Jim wrote:In order to keep the game from freezing then do the following:

For Windows Xp

Right Click On The Shortcut On The Desktop To The Game

Then Go Down And Click On Properties

Select Compatibility Tab

Check the Box [Run this program in compatibility mode for]

Select Windows 98/Windows me

Click Ok

The game will run without freezing

[b]

[Post New]by Lightningshadow on Oct 8, 09 7:02 AM
I've had the same problem, will try windows compatability mode and let you know how I go. I find a good tip for this game, if you ever need to replay is that by pressing the space bar during a dialogue or cut scene you can miss the dialogue/scene. This has already saved my wits with the opening secene that loads every time you play.

Go to: