Re:Anyone else like this game besides me?

[Post New]by parsimoniouskate on Apr 1, 09 1:06 PM
I loved this game, I got a freebie copy given to me by EA and it's just darling! The later levels are challenging (but wouldn't it just suck if they were really easy?), the key I found was to invest aggressively in advertising and upgrades, take GM's bail out for the loan shark and *then* build your business up slowly.

I too would love a sequel (almost as much as I'd love a level/campaign editor to make new maps for this lmao)! It would have been nice to have had more side stories and after a few hours my brain would get a bit tired of working out what prices everything should be, but otherwise just generally MORE!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 4, 09 5:16 PM
I too absolutely loved this game; it's one of my all-time favorites. There's lots of possibilities here for a sequel, and I am really hoping there will be one.

[Post New]by copperleiter on Apr 6, 09 6:59 PM
I love it too!!! I can't even count how many times I've played it through.

My only complaint is there's no "high score". I'd love to know how fast I've reached a village goal so I can try to beat it. Maybe I should just buy a notepad...
lol

whiptie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by whiptie on May 2, 09 7:52 PM
I like this game too...It's a little too hard for me though.
I got stuck from level to level and got frustrated!! So i only play it from time to time..

[Post New]by b0bcatchic2oo2 on May 14, 09 3:59 PM
A sequel is in the works, just found this today: http://www.badgehungry.com/category/games/fairy-godmother-tycoon-2/

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Jun 1, 09 8:42 AM
I'm not usually a fan of tycoon games, but I loved this one - it was actually do-able, not impossible to beat. and the characters are adorable!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 12, 09 12:06 AM
I love this game too.
The only reason I discovered it was playng the Diner Town Tycoon game demo and loving that- people posted that FGT was pretty much the same so thought I would try it and glad I did.

Great game

[Post New]by b0bcatchic2oo2 on Jul 9, 09 5:26 PM
Well it looks like Pogo has either postponed or canceled the game entirely, not sure which yet.

[Post New]by barmom on Aug 5, 09 3:11 PM
[b][i]
I love Diner Town Tycoon the most of all the Diner town games. I hope they come out with a follow up soon. I've practically worn out my computer playing it over and over. It's not as simple as it looks as you progress. Love, love, love it!

[Post New]by MarjorieW on Aug 28, 09 8:33 AM
To Sidbakay--the fastest way to beat the last level is: after you have upgraded everything, lower your prices to just enough so that you break even. That way, all the peasants find Sneersworth too pricey and leave his store. Once you get his net worth under $20,000 he starts going down fast. Takes about ten days to crush him out.

[Post New]by rivergenesis on Oct 1, 09 8:02 AM
I'm scared of playing this game.... cause once i start i can't stop. i can sit half the night swearing about the NSHP driving me out of business or that *beeep* sneersworth being a major creep... tweaking potion prices, planning upgrades... so i almost never play, it kills my social life.

I *adore* this little game. even more than I love Ye Ole Sandwich Shoppe. and now, i'm off to whoop **** with sneersworth in Castle City. For the fifteenth time. Can you say "replay value"? Ha, I'm comin' to get ya Sneersworth!

[Post New]by macaroni1980 on Oct 20, 09 5:04 PM
I love this game! It's not necessarily a new concept, but it's not so easy that a kindergarten student could beat it in 3 hours either. Too many of these games are too easy. This provides a happier medium, but without some of the luster of other games. If you put a little more luster into this game it would be even better. But for now I like it

[Post New]by b0bcatchic2oo2 on Dec 7, 09 2:53 PM
FGT2 has been cancelled, Pogo has removed all mention of the game from it's sites. No word yet on any other company picking it up.

[Post New]by nicole041404 on Feb 22, 10 7:40 PM
I normally play HOG's and Adventure games but the reviews for this game intrigued me enough to check it out. I am so glad that I did. I normally don't like time management games because of the pressure of the clock and/or the fast paced game play. This game is so much fun though. And it is looooong. I am only 3/4ths through the game and have played 15 hours at least. I love that they give you the option of moving on to the next town (level) or remaining in the current town once you meet the required "goal". I have been staying to obliterate the compitition thoroughly before moving to a new town. What can I say...type A in reality, type A in virtual reality...lol!!! Lots and Lots of fun. Really disappointed that the sequel was abandoned...

quillfred
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by quillfred on Mar 26, 10 12:13 PM
I loved the game and its sly humor and frequently return to play it. I wish they would make more games as they did with the wonderful Chocolatier.

drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Apr 2, 10 11:44 AM
This game is one of the best games that I own or played for that matter. It's very addictive and could play it all day. Also wish they would come out with a FGM Tycoon part 2.

1kess1
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1kess1 on Apr 2, 10 11:58 AM
Let's keep talking our FG up, and hope developers take notice. This is a great game for draining out workday stress. I'd like to play that haunted house tycoon game too!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Jun 8, 10 3:46 PM
Loved this game!! Wish there were more tycoon games on BFG... but there are lots out there on the market... even a tycoon game 4 years old on the sale rack at my local stores is good. Loved the story too.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 5, 10 5:14 PM
Tried the demo on this game last now and bought it. Just in the hour of playing, you can tell this is not just a good game, but an AWESOME game! The graphics are very similar to Royal Envoy, and even the theme is a little along those lines. The game is hilarious - you play a not-so-sweet fairy godmother who has thugs who help her run her daily affairs. You work to sell potions to the hapless villagers, with assistance from all sorts of crazy characters. This game will actually have you laughing out loud. Also, a solid, well-made game. Can't believe I just now got around to trying it but glad I did!

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on Oct 31, 10 6:46 PM
If you like this game give dinertown tycoon a try. There is no medieval or fairy tale theme but I think it is a solid game. I like both.

Go to: