Re:3.1 and 3.7, Developer's Record

[Post New]by HerculesDev on Sep 30, 15 2:49 AM
11 861 today, can't beat marebito's record yet.
The person who made this level takes part, too

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Oct 1, 15 11:15 PM
Sorry guys, I'm playing in a competition right now, so I haven't had a chance to get back to this.

I should have some time on the weekend. I have to re-download the game.

My last best score was 12217, with 58 seconds remaining and 75 extra resources.

I upgraded the house twice and both workshops to level 3 and upgraded the gold mine to level 3 and left the farm as is and didn't build the obelisk and used extra resources most of the time.

I found having the extra manpower with all the running around helped me more

Edited on 10/03/2015 at 9:30:26 AM PST

[Post New]by riceredbrown on Oct 2, 15 4:58 PM
marebito, what's your method on 3.1?

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Oct 4, 15 9:57 PM
Okay... I think I've just about optimized out the method I'm using. I've managed to creep to 12302 and 5:21 or 5:22 for time.

I'm going the opposite method to Hespera in that I'm doing minimal upgrades + obelisk.

I have L2 farm, L2 camp, L2 workshop x2, L3 gold + obelisk and I used the speed bonus throughout. I'm also not mining gold at all.

Interestingly, at the point I'm at, I'm finding that the faster level time isn't helping a huge amount and that extra resources might be better for the overall score vs an extra few seconds. I'm going to try upping one workshop, skipping the farm upgrade, and starting wood -> food earlier and see if that might help the score more.

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Oct 5, 15 12:40 PM
I feel good knowing that I am not the only one who cannot beat the DR on 3.1, but what about the super bonus level? Has everybody already beaten that one? I have looked through all the threads and cannot see someone who says they have. If I am missing the right thread, sorry to bother...

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Oct 6, 15 12:05 AM
No, the Super Bonus Level is the other unbeatable level. We just haven't hit Igor with that one, yet!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Oct 6, 15 12:09 AM
marebito wrote:Okay... I think I've just about optimized out the method I'm using. I've managed to creep to 12302 and 5:21 or 5:22 for time.

I'm going the opposite method to Hespera in that I'm doing minimal upgrades + obelisk.

I have L2 farm, L2 camp, L2 workshop x2, L3 gold + obelisk and I used the speed bonus throughout. I'm also not mining gold at all.

Interestingly, at the point I'm at, I'm finding that the faster level time isn't helping a huge amount and that extra resources might be better for the overall score vs an extra few seconds. I'm going to try upping one workshop, skipping the farm upgrade, and starting wood -> food earlier and see if that might help the score more.

I so know what you mean - I've done so many alternate methods I've gone buggy, switching variables one at a time, making note of time differences each time, then trying each one with different variants of bonuses and workers and more or less resources and with or without the obelisk. It's mind boggling. I have no fewer that 10 notebook pages filled with the different variants and the calculated differences they make in the scoring.

My competition round ends tomorrow night, so I'll have a day or two before the next heat starts. I'll try more then.

Edited on 10/06/2015 at 12:12:16 AM PST

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Oct 7, 15 6:53 AM
It very funny with the competition and all that - but how about an update so it is actually possible to beat the impossible levels?

That would be better - or am I just being a spoilsport?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Oct 7, 15 11:11 PM
You're being a spoil sport!

It's more fun to harass Igor about it!

Although he hasn't said anything, he may well be working on a fix to the problem, now that he has seen with his own eyes and heard with his own ears, that it's not just one or two people that are frustrated with this issue.

So you can join in the fun to pass the time, or sit quietly, check back here frequently, and find out what, if anything happens.

And this is meant with all the friendship in the world. It's so hard to tell in text what people mean, but this is all said in good spirits and happiness.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Oct 7, 15 11:54 PM
Ha ha Hespera - got it

I am just waiting longingly and hoping

[Post New]by playerRoxie on Nov 6, 15 3:14 AM
Oh good, it's not just me... I tore my hair out for a while!
I also haven't found anyone in my web searches who has beaten the Developer's Record on 3.1 (and evidently I will have the same problem when I get to 3.7).
In my best effort, I finished with so much gold time left on the timer and popped so many birds as well, that I thought I must have reached the record for sure! Shocked to see I was still around 2000 under. ?
Knowing no-one has managed to beat it - and from the sounds of it, some of you have tried much harder than I! - I can now move on... (to the next level lol)
I'm inclined to think this must be some kind of glitch and not a genius Developer behind that Developer's score... Bit of a shame, feels like I won't have properly completed the game.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 9, 15 9:51 PM
3.7 is beatable. The only levels with glitches are 3.1 and the Super Bonus Level 6.1 and the glitch only applies to beating the Developer's Record. You can get gold (3 stars) on these levels with no problem.

There are a couple of threads regarding this.

Edited on 11/09/2015 at 9:52:35 PM PST

M_J_Z
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by M_J_Z on Nov 21, 15 5:15 PM
Game Manager had an update for the game today. Once updated, I was able to beat the developers record on 3.1 with a 12469 score. Super Bonus still seems impossible though

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 25, 15 4:23 PM
FYI - if the game manager doesn't show an update, use the manual button and check for an update.

SuzMaroon
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by SuzMaroon on Mar 24, 16 4:23 PM
I'm confused. The dates on this thread are in November 2015 but the update notification at the top of the forum is dated March 10, 2016. I bought Mother Nature in February 2016 so I assume I need an update because of the notification but Game Manager isn't saying I need one even when I use the manual button. On level 3.1, the developer's score is showing as 13,660 which I assume is wrong since people are talking about beating it with a score in the 12,000s. So, like I said, I'm confused. Do I need an update or not and, if I do, how do I get it?

Go to: