Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Island: Eternal Storm here

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 2, 15 1:29 AM
Treefrog55, there is no 7.1. Do you mean 8.1?

I am using a Win7, 64-bit laptop, and the game is running just fine.

[Post New]by Treefrog55 on Sep 2, 15 10:42 AM
I typed it in wrong. I am running 7. 64 bit on a desk top. Thanks for letting me know.
Maybe it is the difference between a laptop and a desktop..

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Sep 2, 15 10:55 AM
Windows 10, just updated, first game that wont play at all on my Alienware game computer. I installed, uninstalled, and still wont play, click on play and it just sits there. Too bad. I like games that arent CE, by the time I am done with a CE a I am to tired to play the bonus, so I never finish.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Sep 2, 15 2:04 PM
It won't play on my Windows 10 64 bit either. Several of my already purchased games will no longer play either. I followed the tips to play in compatibility mode and I don't have a compatibility tab under properties to even choose this option. This is a bummer. I have purchased 100's of games over the years! Any ideas on when or how this will be fixed? I don't want to continue paying for a membership if I can't play the games!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 3, 15 1:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that there are several reports of the game not loading. When the game doesn't load, this issue still falls under the "crash" category, and the steps in the following help article can still help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already tried the suggested steps, and especially if you're seeing that more than one game is affected, we definitely recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 09/03/2015 at 1:36:55 PM PST

[Post New]by docbagby on Sep 4, 15 2:13 PM
It does not work even if I run the game manager as administrator. I am sure it is a windows 10 problem and I think it;s about time BF steps in and stops with the help steps.because it does not help.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Sep 4, 15 6:37 PM
I have windows 8.1 and the game won't open either. I have tried all the suggested fixes but it still won't play. Not even going to bother contacting CS the last time I did they offered me a free game rather than troubleshoot my issue.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Sep 5, 15 2:06 AM
I got an answer from BFG and it solve the problem. you have to change the display settings. I will never buy a game where I shall change the settings every time I want to play.
Here is the solution:
Open Start menu select settings, in this menu, select system.
In this window select the display option from the left side. In this menu, you should see a slider witch change the size of text, apps and other Items. set the slider to 100%.
Restart the computer.

the game works but now I cant read the txt on the display

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Sep 5, 15 6:23 PM
lyssa7712 wrote:game won't launch; downloaded fine but when I try to play it hangs for a minute, then goes to the "recently played" screen on the BFG app. running WIN10 64 bit

Exact same problem here. This is the 2nd game in a row I've tried to play and have had this issue. My computer is completely up to date so NOT my hardware/software.

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Sep 5, 15 6:24 PM
mamachi wrote:I got an answer from BFG and it solve the problem. you have to change the display settings. I will never buy a game where I shall change the settings every time I want to play.
Here is the solution:
Open Start menu select settings, in this menu, select system.
In this window select the display option from the left side. In this menu, you should see a slider witch change the size of text, apps and other Items. set the slider to 100%.
Restart the computer.

the game works but now I cant read the txt on the display

Guess this is another no buy....extremely disappointed with BFG this week! NOT changing my settings EVERY time to play one game.

[Post New]by tofangsaz1 on Sep 8, 15 6:29 AM
washingtonsue wrote:I have looked at all the help articles for hints and none addresses the issue. the game does not load with blank screen, it does not freeze or crash it simply does not play at all. the game manager stays open and then goes to the you own this game play as many times as you want message with the option to play again. the game will not load from this page either. please stop telling me to go to the help pages; I have done that and unistalled re-installed the game.

Same here nothing works I have unistalled re-installed the game i have windows 10

[Post New]by gagoyle on Sep 8, 15 4:25 PM
cant open game & I have paid for it.

Edited on 09/16/2015 at 8:20:38 PM PST

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 11, 15 8:33 PM
Amulet of Knowledge does not work. Have used it twice and watched results.

The amulet is supposed to "Increases XP reward for searching locations by 50%. Active for 30 minutes."

As an example my XP starting a location was xx515 with amulet running, the normal XP award was 105 for that location level and after collecting my bootie my XP was xx620.

620-515= 105 No 50% gain

[Post New]by gagoyle on Sep 11, 15 8:36 PM
gagoyle wrote:cant open game & I have paid for it.

[Post New]by jbuck406 on Sep 12, 15 6:27 AM
For those of you who are having Game Start issues. I have two computers on my
desk connected to a 2 port KVM switch. One is 7 and the other is XP. I use the XP
service pak 3 computer for games that will not run on 7. It helps out.

As for "Lost Island Eternal Storm" I need to solve the "Light Crystal Puzzle" if
you have the answer Please send it to me at "jbuck406@live.com"

The puzzle has 7 rows of 7 squares - each vertical row is numbered 7 -14-21-28
-35 -42-49 Beginning at the bottom left on 7/2 and ending on the bottom
right at 49/2 please give me the numbered sequence of the 26 crystals.

There has to be a total of 26 steps - Please help me solve this - I will be
forever grateful - I can not continue until I fix this. - Jack

[Post New]by imjim41 on Sep 13, 15 7:59 AM
same as everyone else the game will not load I done all the basic of restalling an updating but nothing

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 13, 15 1:00 PM
jbuck406 wrote:The puzzle has 7 rows of 7 squares - each vertical row is numbered 7 -14-21-28
-35 -42-49 Beginning at the bottom left on 7/2 and ending on the bottom
right at 49/2 please give me the numbered sequence of the 26 crystals.

There has to be a total of 26 steps - Please help me solve this - I will be
forever grateful - I can not continue until I fix this. - Jack

I'm not sure if this is the correct puzzle, as I don't quite understand your numbering system, but if the puzzle begins at the lower left corner and finishes at the second one down on the right, then here's the solution.

Turn each piece the light hits so that it points in the direction I indicate. Starting with the first piece the beam is hitting (middle piece on the bottom row):

up, left, down, right, down, left, down, right, up, left, down, right, down, left, up, right, up, right, up, left, up, right, down, right

[Post New]by MaChai on Sep 14, 15 10:00 PM
I was playing just fine and then I ran out of battery on my computer. Windows 10. Now-even after reinstalling both the game and the game manager- I am getting this message: Error: Access violation at Ox005581D7 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated. Can anyone help? I know I will have to start over, but I would like to do so. I was enjoying the game. Thanks

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 15, 15 9:14 AM
Hi, MaChai. Welcome to the pond!

I haven't tried Windows 10 yet, but I suggest you boot up in safe mode and uninstall the game and the game manager from there. You tend to get a cleaner uninstall in safe mode. Then reboot and try downloading the game again directly from the BFG site. (Don't use a saved install file.) Then try the game again.

If that doesn't do it, you might try running a scan disk on your hard drive to see if any files were damaged in the sudden shut down.

[Post New]by kim1961 on Sep 15, 15 12:52 PM
I have Windows Vista. The game downloads but does not play. I have checked all my drivers and all are up-to-date. I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I have tried downloading and re-installing the game, but it made no difference.

Go to: