Eden comments and reviews

gradcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Eden comments and reviews

[Post New]by gradcat on Aug 25, 09 12:04 PM
Is this not the most gentle, beautiful & relaxing game? I'm sorry for all those who had issues with tech problems; I'm also sorry that some find it boring. Listen, I like action as much as the next guy--so much in fact, that (it shocks me to say) I'm finding Hidden object games to be quite boring, unless they are like Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff (which was altogether too short for me), and I miss the great Match-3 games like Fishdom. But every now & then, you need a soft, relaxing, simply pretty game to play, and for my money, this is the one.

gradcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gradcat on Aug 25, 09 12:13 PM
[Also, I have no patience for any game that contains spelling errors. Those get uninstalled immediately.
Spelling errors bother me, too. However, if I uninstalled every casual game that contained a spelling error, I would pretty much have to give up playing them altogether. In fact, I will go further and say that offhand I can't think of a single one that I have played that didn't have at least one.

Amen to that, Howatch--being an English major, when I first started playing these games, the spelling & verbal syntax errors would drive me crazy--but you're right--I don't think I've ever played one that doesn't have at least a few errors; most have many.
I guess it's a sign of the times we live in...

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 26, 09 2:13 AM
The game is very boring. It gives so much bettter match3-games, like Lucky Pirates. I will not buy it.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Aug 30, 09 2:12 PM
This is the worst match 3 I ever played. I will not buy it.

[Post New]by Alice187 on Sep 8, 09 11:24 AM
As I said. I don't think we can qualify this game like this. If you only play the match 3, I find it even better than Bejeweled 2, but it's a matter of taste. Beside that, how do you find the "Mystic Garden" location? I like very much that waterfall, which I think its one of the coolest 2D animation.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 21, 10 9:27 PM
I own this game, and I'm finding it to be a weird swap match-3, with more features than instructions or explanations.

The watering gameboard is sorta busy, with columns filling with water and way more sparkly flashy effects for matches than is necessary. The weeding boards are the sort where you drop the items off the bottom of the board - and these items can be swapped (- the hard way would be unswappable items).

There's a fungus game that is thankfully less common (at least so far) where you click groups of circles of the same color to create explosives, then click on those to destroy fungus-infected circles. That one is not in relaxed mode - that fungus will get ya if you don't hurry.

Even though I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing while playing it, I haven't lost any except an occassional fungus round, so I'm progressing thru the story and the international locations at a good pace.

Something feels sort of surreal about playing this game. Which is unusual considering how many other match-3's I've owned and played over quite a few years. I'm rather curious whether that's from the lack of much in the way of instructions, or if it's the watery gameplay and special effects. I reckon either that feeling will wear off as I get more familiar with the game, or it won't. The gameplay for the watering boards, where you clear columns, is unique as far as I know.

The other thing I'm glad for in this game is that the game pieces on the board are very nice - compared with some of the match-3's that are out. I mean really, you spend so much more time playing the boards than looking at other parts of the game, so it's getting tiresome to me how some games still have bare minimum graphics on boards and board pieces.

I wouldn't write home about the music, but I didn't feel the need to turn it off either.

Update: Now that I've completed Story Mode, I'm thinking the reviewers who felt like the game was unfinished might have been on to something - at the end it says we can now go back and grow whatever flowers we want, but when you are in the main menu, story mode is now locked, and I haven't found any way to get to any flower growing locations. I can play the instant play way, choosing which type of gameboard, but that's it, it seems, unless I start over with a new player profile.

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 10:17:20 AM PST

Go to: