Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by 0161 on Sep 5, 15 9:59 AM
Running windows 8.1 64 bit laptop. I have had no problems with the demo. Am unsure about buying just in case.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by flaxin on Sep 5, 15 10:05 AM
Me too, slow as molasses to move, to pick anything up or to use anything. Windows 10.

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Sep 5, 15 10:30 AM
j62janet wrote:I use Windows 8.1

I really wish I had done the trial version first, the game is so slow for me, opening up for a start, the screen goes black, and in between each scene as well, and when you collect objects, it's slow then as well, trust me not to try before I buy.

I hope it gets better, or better still I hope they do an update on the game, so it will play better!!

Having the exact same issue here!!
playing windows 8. did everything mentioned in the help page
adjusted the contrast also!!
uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail!
Im really dissapointed

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Sep 5, 15 11:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm Krešimir from Cateia Games, just to let you know, we're investigating the issues. thanks for letting us know!

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Cookyville on Sep 5, 15 12:23 PM
I'm downloading it now on MAC 10:10 Yosemite...

Will report back...

I have had games that played great on PC & not on MAC & vica versa

~~~~~gurgling

Cookyfish

UPDATE- Plays perfect on MAC....tried on Windows 8.1- had problems

I put resolution down to 1300

Edited on 09/05/2015 at 1:18:19 PM PST

tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tbnsgma on Sep 5, 15 1:12 PM
I'm having the same issue. Ridiculously slow, and freezing. I hope they come up with a solution, as it looks like a great game.

[Post New]by gramnash on Sep 5, 15 1:19 PM
Would love to try to play the game I have paid for, however, it will not download. It did once but would not install. Started over and now it will not download. I have just wasted $13.99!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Sep 5, 15 1:49 PM
I couldn't even start the game...it froze up instantly, and not only that it caused my mouse to disappear and I had to shut down my computer manually....I deleted the game and I'm not even going to bother d/l it again....well, maybe if I see a fix ...

[Post New]by Foxhall on Sep 5, 15 1:53 PM
Running PC, Windows 7. Black screen on initial load to play, then saw the cursor -- waited -- nothing. Task Manager used, said it was running (the first time), eventually started (long, long wait). It played but was extremely s - l - o - w, then froze and locked up. Tried again. Still exceedingly s - l - o - w. Objects slow to respond when clicked. Working slowly for a while and then just froze. I quit, became disgusted. Shame because it seems like it might be a very good game. Hope the developers can come up with a fix.

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Sep 5, 15 1:58 PM
This same problem has been happening with other games. I am having major problems with game manager. hp tablet windows 10 64 bit

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Sep 5, 15 2:56 PM
Hi everyone!
Sorry to hear that many of you have tech issues with this game. All problems seem to be about slow performance. Mostly this is due to video card and outdated drivers. Please, try to update the video (graphic) driver to newest version. This usually helps!

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Sep 5, 15 3:22 PM
Hi Ivanbral - In my last post under Tech Issues I said that I couldn't even get into the game as I got a black screen etc. I deleted the game and downloaded it again and found I could play!!!! BUT having same problems as most of the other fishes, very very slow and jerky. The game seems to be a great one if only we could all play it without any gliches. I'm playing on Window 7 Home Premium and have checked graphics etc. and everything is up to date. Thank you for coming onto the forum to talk to us all and these problems will be fixed.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by mad4football on Sep 5, 15 3:22 PM
Same problem for me. Black screen on start up (had to try 3 times), s-l-o-w movements, curser freezing with every pick up. Would love to play this game but have had to give up after 9 minutes. Patience running out with tech problems in almost every game now. Windows 7 64 bit system, all drivers and graphics up to date, but I don't think it has anything to do with my system as others with different systems are having the same issues. Really wish devs would sort these problems out before releasing games. Would certainly consider buying it if released with all these problems ironed out. The last game in this series was good and this one looks like it could be too. PLEASE sort this out. I'm quite sad at not being able to try it properly

Edited on 09/05/2015 at 3:26:00 PM PST

[Post New]by mrmeid on Sep 5, 15 3:45 PM
I am installed/uninstalled this game three times. New issues occur with each reinstall. I would just like a refund.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Sep 5, 15 5:09 PM
FunIt wrote:I would love to play the game, but for me it's also very, very slow. Win 7 Home.

[Post New]by Melatonine on Sep 5, 15 5:20 PM
I started the demo and got a black screen, so i started reading here...
Running windows 7 on PC.
Removing the game now.

[Post New]by 555tinker on Sep 5, 15 5:37 PM
I am running windows 10 and I am having the slow down problem too. I checked to see if running in a window or changing settings would help, nothing did. It's a real shame because I really want to play this game but can't see doing it until it's fixed.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Sep 5, 15 11:29 PM
Okay this is weird. I went to play again tonight and it's not slow anymore, it's great! I made it to the area of getting the coins for the guy and no problem anymore. No clue how that happened but I'm glad it did. I'll see what happens in the morning as it's late and time for me to sleep. Good luck everyone, be back in a few hours.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Sep 5, 15 11:38 PM
I'm running Windows 10 and same issue as others have noted; black screen on start-up and freezing, mouse disappearing. I haven't even been able to start playing yet!

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Sep 6, 15 12:11 AM
It doesn't matter what graphics card your pc or laptop has, unless you have a 15-20 year old computer, there should be no reason you couldn't play any of our games, or any of the games on bigfish for that matter.

The only reason for these types of problems I can think of are problems with graphics drivers (these can be common on windows 10) or antivirus software blocking the game.

Check with bigfish tech support if your graphics drivers are properly installed.

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

Go to: