WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

Re:New game: Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Aug 24, 09 7:20 PM
LogieBaby wrote:
WinonaCook wrote:Even with the scrolling and the magnifying glass some of these scenes were very hard. Even with the hints I couldn't see what they were asking for. They were very tiny and hard to find. Looking for bottles of white wine was impossible. All the bottles looked the same to me. I am obviously not a wine connoisseur ( yep, had to look up the spelling on that one). Needless to say I will not try this one again.

Winona

the wine bottles got easy once I realized they all had white tops with red dots in the middle of them.

I caught on to that too but they were still hard for me to distinguish. I liked the scary atmosphere though. I love scaries...~~~!!!

Edited on 08/24/2009 at 7:20:54 PM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Aug 24, 09 7:33 PM
I've demoed this game and I must say it is kind of challenging to find all the objects, but for some reason I liked it, I think it's worth a try for those fishies who like pretty straight HOG's. I'm trying to make up my mind if I want to purchase it or not

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 24, 09 10:06 PM
LOL, I found the magnifier at the end of the demo!! I like the challenge, for sure, and really didn't have that much trouble with finding the things I knew what they were. Some had names I didn't relate to the object I was hunting. And that "reel of thread" in the conservatory turned out to be the thing I thought was a pickle!! I still liked the game very much, and will end up buying it sooner or later.

I did play half the demo of Scorpio, and I really liked it, too, though I got some weird graphics distortions, usually when the heroine was walking away from me. It may be a compatibility glitch, and it didn't hinder the game play at all.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 24, 09 10:11 PM
Hmm- ok guess I will have to give this game another go- I did not give it a fair chance I guess with the controls.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 24, 09 10:33 PM
Reel of thread, pickle ... hey close enough! Lol I do want to try this game though sounds fun.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 24, 09 10:41 PM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Reel of thread, pickle ... hey close enough! .

ROFL- the joys of hidden object games

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Aug 25, 09 4:33 AM
I'm figuring the game is of a British origin as it certainly doesn't come from the states. In the game there are spanners ( wrenches in USA ) and I came across looking for a tub. I figured it's a bathtub and it turned out to be a 55 gallon drum.

One thing for sure, this game is not for novice Hoggers. Now I'm hoping that I can continue my demo on another site to see about game length.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Aug 31, 11 2:05 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:
lilyr wrote:Is this Brad and Janet from Rocky Horror or am I not remembering their names?

You're remembering right, eager to find out if there are any other RHPS refs in the game lol that alone could make a sale for me, HOG or not!
LOL! RHPS was the first thing to go through my mind when I read "Help Brad save Janet..." LOL! Now, I'm wondering...HEY? Why is there NOT a RHPS HOG!?! LOL!

ETA: and just in case there are those who don't know how to lighten up and want to get all serious and weird with this comment... This was a tongue in cheek sort of comment - hypothetical question kind of thing!

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 2:09:01 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 31, 11 4:48 AM
Shanny!

How wonderful to see you!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 31, 11 5:16 AM
Yep... I thought this was an old game dredged up from some basement. LOL This thread is from 2009 (so is the game!) and this is also an HdO game which explains it's mysterious reappearance even more... Hi Shanny and Trekkie!!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 31, 11 6:07 AM
Found it discussed on a couple of other site forums dating back to 2009. However, it's not been here before, so that's why it's a soft release.

So, Shanny, being the smart girl that she is, probably did a search and found a discussion thread on it, which is pretty clever of her!

You rock, Shanny!

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 6:26:27 AM PST

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Aug 31, 11 6:13 AM
I tried to google the game but I can't seem to come up with a "hotel" site reference.. could someone please pm me and let me know what the site is.. thanks

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Aug 31, 11 6:15 AM
@Text and shadow.. yesterday's soft release was a bomb from a couple years back on other sites as well

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Aug 31, 11 7:28 AM
textrekkie wrote:Found it discussed on a couple of other site forums dating back to 2009. However, it's not been here before, so that's why it's a soft release.

So, Shanny, being the smart girl that she is, probably did a search and found a discussion thread on it, which is pretty clever of her!

You rock, Shanny!

Hi Shadowfax! Yes THAT's the name of that goshawful (sorry) Game developer (please forgive me) I saw the controls on the side of the screen shots and just thought to myself, "I ain't going there" I have had a few of their games but I'm just DONE!!! I honestly think that one Sale game binge I did that once (cough) (cough) kind of cured me of having to have EVERY SINGLE HOG that comes along!

YUP! that's exactly what I did Tex! I copied and pasted the title of the game into the Forum Search and found everybody that was discussing this game! (((GROUP HUG)))

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 7:32:39 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 31, 11 10:12 AM
Hi everyone,

Since we've now released this game, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over to our Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride Forum.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Sep 3, 11 8:25 AM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi everyone,

Since we've now released this game, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over to our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2468.page">Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride Forum</a>.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

hey Hondo Why cant you just leave us continue on this thread instead of opening a new one

sorry of I cme on a bit too strong there

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Sep 3, 11 8:28 AM
I just want to say that did anyone find your man very anoying with his coments 'trying to be funny when he was not a little bit OTT in my opinion

Ria

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 8:29:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Robmar2222 on Sep 8, 11 3:25 PM
I can't past the front gate!!!!!!!!!!!! It says if you want to pass it, click and wait 3 minutes. I did and nothing ever changed. I wasted 20 minutes of the demo!!!! Any suggestions?

[Post New]by MaryaliceFrere on Sep 3, 12 1:17 AM
WinonaCook wrote:Even with the scrolling and the magnifying glass some of these scenes were very hard. Even with the hints I couldn't see what they were asking for. They were very tiny and hard to find. Looking for bottles of white wine was impossible. All the bottles looked the same to me. I am obviously not a wine connoisseur ( yep, had to look up the spelling on that one). Needless to say I will not try this one again.

Winona

Look for the yellow cap bottles was the easiest hidden object for me so far

Go to: