Koodle
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Angela Young 2: Escape the Dreamscape comments and reviews

[Post New]by Koodle on Aug 25, 09 9:33 AM
I'm assuming that this was meant for "younger" players. There were items that a younger one wouldn't even know what they are. There were also several misspelled words.

Won't be buying this one

kececi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kececi on Aug 25, 09 9:35 AM
Found the game too easy even for my old eyes. Some of the games were a little interesting. Would not buy.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 25, 09 9:47 AM
You think the developers, would have read the reviews from the first game, and made the suggested improvements. Well, they didn't. Game is was to easy and SHORT, will not be buying this game either.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 25, 09 9:59 AM
I wont be buying this one. Entirely to easy.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Aug 25, 09 10:03 AM
I've an error message second time I've start it. I've read it has this problem also the full version so i'll not buy this one.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Aug 25, 09 10:16 AM
I got as far as the fountain and deleted - it just didn't push the right buttons for me - I don't know why. One weird thing was I couldn't close the game - when I pressed exit the screen reverted to 'My Games', but the music still played, when I closed My Games, I could still hear the music. Cont/Alt/Delete said there was northing there, If I tried to re-open the game, I was told it was already open. The only way to stop the game was to turn off the lap top. This happened twice and was one reason I deleted it. On the plus side, I could have gone on playing forever because the hour trial wasn't counting down!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 25, 09 10:37 AM
Tried it. I liked the graphics. I liked the concept and game play, but with that said, I think the game would be too short and a little too simplistic. I got through the levels very quickly. I believe this will be a great game for some but not for me. Different games for different people, that's what it's all about.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 25, 09 11:04 AM
tried the game...liked the game but dont think i will buy it, i got up to level 20 and was enjoying it, i dont think it was TOO easy but it was not too hard either x x x

judy_small
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by judy_small on Aug 25, 09 11:19 AM
i was thinking the same thing too , its way to easy . i dont no if ill buy it are not , got to think a bit on it . glad to its not just me.o.k. you all have a good day.judy

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Aug 25, 09 11:22 AM
Fur tree? Pegion? Good grief. I'm not grammar snob, but by the third (in ten minutes) misspelling, I was out. Especially because it seemed geared to children. Maybe if it had been a better game, I'd have overlooked the spelling issues. But maybe not. There were just too many.

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Aug 25, 09 11:47 AM
Finished the game. Thought it was juvenile and not up to Big Fish standards. BORING

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Aug 25, 09 1:03 PM
I always decide whether to buy a game on the quality of the drawings and the game content. There are sooo many badly drawn scenes in this and bloody spiders I exited out as soon as I was in the room where you have to wake up the spider with the party horn. Even a drawn spider on a screen makes me shiver. I am deleting this anyway not worth a credit in my opinion

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Aug 25, 09 1:45 PM
Enjoyable but too easy for me, sorry this is one I will not be buying. Good for the young and beginers.

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Aug 25, 09 2:20 PM
I enjoyed the game, but like most I had a problem with spelling and grammar (mouses?) Story line was cute but it could have been a bit longer. I bought the game but it will be awhile before I play it again. I thought it very easy and even after buying the game and having to start all over, it went very quickly until I got to the part where I left off because I remembered where everything was. I give it a

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Aug 25, 09 3:27 PM
I had to start over when I quit too, don't like that, plus I don't like games that last only an hour or so ,this is pretty boring, I haven't found a game I like much since Zombies VS Plants.I deleted after 30 min. too

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Aug 25, 09 3:43 PM
This is the second game in the last few days that is full of spelling and grammar errors. Doesn't anyone at BF look at these games before releasing them? I'm not asking for perfection, just a basic working knowledge of the language you are using in the game. Pegion, Unspell, Mouses? Even a basic spell checker would have found these errors.

That said, if the game play was amazing I probably wouldn't have been so annoyed. Unfortunately, this game was far from amazing. The graphics were good but if I wanted to look at pretty pictures I'd go to the art gallery.

The objects were extremely easy to find, mainly because there was so few of them. The puzzles were very easy and certainly weren't anything new too HOG fans.

Thankfully, I didn't have some of the exiting and saving problems that others did. The game played well enough for me although I did notice boxes containing all the hidden objects would flash on the screen for just a second before each level loaded.

Anyway, it's definitely not for me.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 25, 09 5:24 PM
I am downloading now because I too love great graphics. I will give it a try. I also noticed lately that most of the new HOG's I have download are not being reviewed by BFG, why not?

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Aug 25, 09 5:28 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Aww, I spent an enjoyable interlude playing this one......yeah it was easy, but I liked the look of it, and it was a pleasant change from dark and dreary and hard to find. Although I enjoy those too, lol.

I'm with you dark and dreary is not the only way to hide an object. The artwork on this was entertaining if not mind boggling. After a rough day at work "plesant change" sums it up.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 25, 09 6:04 PM
I did try it for 20 minutes and deleted. I thought the graphics were going to be better that they were. I love hand drwn graphics not just pictures placed in the scene. It was simple yet not very clear directions, words misspelled (did I just mispell that). Not woth buying and I usally purchase almost every HOG. Still waiting for RH III.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 25, 09 6:05 PM
Sorry for the in correct spelling

Go to: