QotW 9/7 - Screen Name

ponypack
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:QotW 9/7 - Screen Name

[Post New]by ponypack on Sep 8, 15 7:22 PM
Pony has been my name since I was 9 and packed are my initials,made readable -packd. Only a very few know my original name and I was a very small child who grew up with horses so they called me the ponygirl. My parents called me Filly Ann (Phillian)

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Sep 8, 15 7:33 PM
rebjayne wrote:broccoflower, I was sure that you must be a fan of the game, Fallout, because it has a plant that you collect called a Broccoflower.
Ooops! Nope, never heard of that game before.

I just really admired this lovely veggie ... and I would encourage everyone to try it if you ever find it at a farmers' market or grocery store. It tastes like a cross between cauliflower and broccoli, just in case you're nervous about trying something new . Very mild and delicious.

I'm pretty much a casual online gamer, with Big Fish Games being my all-time favourite *safe* site to play.

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Sep 8, 15 7:54 PM
achumannfaery wrote:chumann is gaelic and depending the dialect, means darling or friend to/of...

So, a chumann faery can either mean a darling faery, or a friend of faery. You decide which
Can't pick

Will just have to accept both, equally

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 8, 15 8:05 PM
Thanks green thumb, for loving me unconditionally! We shall have to compare gardening tips soon!

I started using that moniker in my 20s, not realizing many misconstrued it as a sneeze (Achu!) Live and learn, but I am committed to it now, better or worse....Those who know me, understand that I don't care! More fun that way

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 8, 15 8:18 PM
BTW, Tramserran, great thread and wonderful initiative. This has been done before by SuzeyQueue, no longer with us....We used to discuss books, music, etc. I am so happy to see someone else show an interest in camaraderie and learning about thy neighbor, or enemy if the case may be. Wonderful way to also make new neighbors. And just fantastic in general. So props to you Transerran! I look forward to next week's question already

PCFever64
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by PCFever64 on Sep 9, 15 7:30 AM
My name due to retirement from managing a Data Center and computer technicians.
64 was my age.

ponypack
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ponypack on Sep 9, 15 11:04 AM
Okay, dumb question-What is a data center.Was it part of a company or a company in its own?And dumb comment-You aren't sick and tired of computers? I think I would be but since I don't know what a data center does maybe you didn't have to be at a pc screen and keyboard everyday,all day. Just curious.

PCFever64
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by PCFever64 on Sep 9, 15 11:57 AM
A Data Center or computer room is a room full of servers which manage the internal network for all the PC users. It manages the emails, applications, anti-virus and the core that allows all this internal communication as well as the connection to the internet of a corporation. I very rarely help anyone with their home PC or laptop problems.

ALL of these have analysts to support their applications.

Edited on 09/09/2015 at 11:58:57 AM PST

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Sep 9, 15 12:10 PM
This is my first post. I chose Vulcaness long ago as a fan of Star Trek. Spock, my favorite character, was already chosen. I figured a female from Vulcan might attract his attention. LOL.

Zirz
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Zirz on Sep 9, 15 1:04 PM
My screen name is after my hero, my grandmother Gertrude Zirz. (1893-1988). Amazing woman and true pioneer, way ahead of her time with women's rights and freedoms.

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Sep 9, 15 2:29 PM
My screen name, "handle" if you wish, is an acronym for a prayer I say (between me and God).

BTW, great thread! I think it brings players closer together. I started one a long time ago - asking where everyone is from - since this is such an international community.

fushiaquilt
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by fushiaquilt on Sep 9, 15 5:31 PM
Favorite flower and I like to quilt.

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Sep 10, 15 7:58 AM
My husband often refers to me as wren, or wrenbird. I thought it was because I was tiny and had a beautiful singing voice! Apparently, he informed me that it was because I squawk loudly like a baby bird when I am hungry.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 10, 15 8:48 AM
I love reading the back stories to everyone's screen names

Here's the short story of mine, which some already know...
I am a great fan of Sid Meier's Civilisation and always played as Hammurabi. Unfortunately I could never remember how to pronounce it and always got the r and m in the wrong place So when I needed a screen name I chose my mispronunciation of it. This got shortened to Rumbi while playing in the general forum here & so I decided on rumbi to the core for my new account.... cos like a stick of Blackpool rock I have the mischievous rumbi character running all the way through me

LOL Wren I too sing like a bird... unfortunately it's a peacock I auditioned for the school choir and sang "To be a pilgrim" with gusto, even after the piano accompaniment had stopped, because I wanted to sing my favourite bit about Hobgoblins & foul fiends I didn't get in ... possibly due to making the music teacher's ears bleed. But don't worry it hasn't put me off... I now belt out Shirley Bassey tunes when alone in the car (my car radio got nicked a year ago )... or to make people shut up and go away very, very quickly

ponypack
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ponypack on Sep 10, 15 9:40 AM
Thank you Pcfever. I still don't know enough about it but every bit of knowledge is very appreciated, I just like to know things (A know-it-All?) I wish!
Rumbi,are you from England? Your way of expressing yourself makes me wonder if you maybe are a Brit? or Irish maybe?- No insult intended if I said it wrongly! Now I'm off to look up Sid Meiers Civilization. Thanks guys!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 10, 15 9:52 AM
Yep I'm English, Pony I sound a bit like the Daphne Moon character from the TV show "Frasier"

BTW Civilisation is a '90s PC game, where you conquer the world or build a spaceship to alpha centuri... depending on your mood I haven't played it for years but I would regularly spend 12 hours at a stretch playing it ... a bit like I have done with RoM... Yes I am an addict

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Sep 10, 15 10:17 AM
I think we are all addicts when it comes to this game.rumbi
Wren, at least you sound like a baby bird, my kids would ask me to please stop because I sound like a wounded animal caught in a trap.

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Sep 10, 15 7:53 PM
Rumbi, I think it's adorable that you sound like Daphne Moon! Despite the fact that I live in Manitoba, Canada, not far from Fargo, North Dakota, I do NOT, sound like the actors in the movie "Fargo"...at least, I hope not.

tdskm, I don't sing in front of anyone. One morning, I woke up, and decided to "sing" at the top of my lungs while in the washroom, only to emerge and discover my husband sitting on the couch staring at me with this smirk on his face. I thought he was out! Then he points out the fact that he opened all the windows so our neighbours could enjoy my rendition of " All By Myself ". Mortifying!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Sep 10, 15 8:02 PM
I remember that day well Wren...I live directly South of you and my dogs joined in as backup Basset howlers!

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Sep 10, 15 8:45 PM
Well, who could forget that day, Faery, seeing as how the army was called in to control the so called " noise pollution " I caused. Small children were seen running in the street with their hands over their ears, crying. I am sure your Basset howlers were a welcome relief to that horrendous squawking I was making.

Go to: