phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Fill Up! comments and reviews

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Aug 26, 09 2:36 PM
Not only this game doesn't have a sound but also it doesn't have a SOUL !!! I love this sort of time management. Despite all their bugs I enjoyed Fix it Up and Road to Riches a lot. But Fill Up lacks every thing. It doesn't have any appeal. Just placing cars and buses onto matching stations: that's all about this game. I'd play tetris or solitaire instead, they are more challenging and involve more strategy making. Big disappointment for me

Note: At the beginning I thought the instructions were vague as well, but there is nothing to be instructed about. You get your green or yellow fillers (you can see at the top of screen) for matching the vehicles with the correct stations, which are required to build more service areas or just for beating the level.

Edited on 08/26/2009 at 2:39:33 PM PST

[Post New]by carwesley on Aug 26, 09 4:30 PM
Ok sound wasnt only issue. After a couple of levels the cars started wanting medical help, and paint jobs, no way to get those in construction. This would be a good game without all the flaws. Did big fish play this game through before offering it? I have to wonder. Then I looked at other sites trying to find this game, because I was really interested in it, but big fish is the place to get it. Please, please fix it.

daqisymae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by daqisymae on Aug 26, 09 4:41 PM
Keep coming up with error when trying to download. Never had this problem with any other games

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Aug 26, 09 4:57 PM
Yes same problem here, error downloading, I have contacted the technical support and they should come back to me.

ASForbes
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ASForbes on Aug 26, 09 6:06 PM
Had no problems downloading, but opening the game was another story. Screen freezing before even before I could even get to titile page! I love TM games, but can't even tell if I like this one.

1snooker1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 1snooker1 on Aug 26, 09 6:17 PM
I agree with previous posts - great potential, but a big flop. Game stutters, instructions not clear, not enough time to enjoy the game. Music is lousy too - doesn't fit with the game. Have to be in a frantic rush from the beginning - later levels must be a nightmare. I am a big fan of TM games, but this one needs LOTS of improvement to come close to being fun. A big PHOOEY; thumbs down.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 26, 09 7:37 PM
I really wanted to like this game. The graphics were decent and the setting was different.

Though the poor grammar and sensitive controls give it an unpolished look.

True, the game lacks clear instructions. But does it really require any?
All you have to do is click and drag vehicles as fast as you can the entire time.

Pointless? Monotonous? Boring? Most definitely!
If you enjoy this sort of torment, be prepared for some severe carpal tunnel.

When you download this game, Big Fish issues a warning that the file size is 59 Megabytes.
Curiously enough, after the installation, the game is a whopping 314 Megabytes.

Why should a simple game need to be that size?

Edited on 08/26/2009 at 9:55:12 PM PST

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Aug 26, 09 8:36 PM
It sure looks fun, I wish I could get into TM games. Something tells me I am missing something. Still working on time managing my life lol.

hagenme
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by hagenme on Aug 27, 09 12:35 PM
Hey Fishes,

I found the game very slow and when you click on a car it does not really want to go where you put it. I am not going to get this game. I have enough on my plate to get.

Ellen

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Aug 27, 09 12:41 PM
It's terrible..It just made my wrist sore..Not even close to build-A-Lot
i'll pass

happyme76
Catfish
Catfish
1,619 Posts

[Post New]by happyme76 on Aug 27, 09 2:22 PM
I feel better knowing I wasn't the only one having troubles understanding this game. I quit after about 15 minutes. I tried to figure out how to get the super bonuses but couldn't find anything to explain it.

[Post New]by pciduncan on Aug 27, 09 4:02 PM
I'm thinking that BFG must not have done any testing and review of this game prior to putting it up on the board. Poorly developed, buggy, sound problems, lockup problems. BFG - Please test these games before offering them!

[Post New]by wendybs on Aug 27, 09 4:46 PM
I can't believe that I bought this game! I am so impulsive. I love TM games, but really jumped the gun with this one.

cry5tal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cry5tal on Aug 27, 09 8:34 PM
I have to say I did NOT like this game, at all, and that is surprising for me because I enjoy pretty much all TM games. As stated by other players previously, the graphics were kinda flaky ... I had sound, but the gameplay kept jumping around for me. Instructions were a little vague for my tastes; there was no standard or anything for how many cars you satisfy for a bonus.

I played on expert/timed, and I ran out of time a few times before I got the hang of it, which isn't usually an issue for me on TM games ... I have to say the initial story line was pretty new and interesting, but by the third level (on), it seems like there is just an uncle who says he will give his uncle a legacy, but is instead making the nephew .. build it himself.

I did not finish this game, which is a first for me. I'd give it two and a half stars out of five.

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Aug 27, 09 9:06 PM
I agree with the majority of the fishies here in that I love time management games, but had most of the issues they were talking about, (i.e. lagging, instructions on how to get bonuses confusing and/or not clear to me, no music just sound of the cars..) I thought that it was just my computer, as it is somewhat outdated, but I am comforted in the fact that it was not just me having the problems. Although I read that some of the others had no problems and said no tutorials were needed, I disagree, bc in every single time management game I play, I always try the tutorial once to get the hang of things... and I never managed to get the of this one.. The great thing about BigFish Games is that if I do not like one of the games I try, 98% of the other games they come out with I really enjoy!

rebeccal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccal on Aug 27, 09 9:16 PM
Boresville.

Dimpllz
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Dimpllz on Aug 28, 09 7:57 AM
I absolutely LOVE TM games! That's all I ever buy. However, this was the most BORING TM I've ever ever played. Dragging trucks and cars from the parking lot to gas over and over and over and over? No thanks! In fact, I got nauseous from doing it and deleted the game after 9 minutes!

This one gets a big from me!

Edited on 08/28/2009 at 8:03:28 AM PST

[Post New]by mrsstewart on Aug 29, 09 6:54 PM
i agree wit everyone i love TM games but dis one OMG. i have never played a game sooo hard in my life, the task are unreachable in 5min. i got to level 3 and thats it and the missions in level 1 doesnt make any sense. you have to refuel 30 diesels in 5 min but they dnt even have 25 diesels wanting fuel they all want food or parts and all you have is gas and food. this game is a big disappointment more so is i accidently used my game credit (pressed the wrong game) and i so wish i could get my credit back. i hope the gamers who thought of this is reading these forums and maybe come out with a betta one but too bad for the ones who purchased this game already :{

Edited on 08/29/2009 at 6:55:16 PM PST

[Post New]by omaha31 on Sep 1, 09 1:52 PM
well i need help downloading it, for some odd reason i keep getting an error that say access denied, once i downloaded i try running the setup file for it and it will get about half way threw and this error would pop up any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ucsarah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ucsarah on Sep 14, 09 9:43 PM
Yes. I wish I hadn't bought this game. It is VERY frustrating to be asked to accomplish tasks when you haven't yet accumulated the resources to do those tasks. I also agree that the instructions were insufficient -- it's not enough to just show pictures. Very disappointing.

Go to: