FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger comments and reviews

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 27, 09 3:14 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know you get a different ending with each suspect. Another reason to buy it. You can play through all the suspects and get a different ending each time.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 27, 09 3:16 PM
Howatch wrote:For those who don't know, there are six possible endings to the game (I'm assuming these depend on your total score at the end of the game, but there may be other factors involved--I'm not sure). There is one timed puzzle towards the end, but the game allows you to restart the puzzle and try again (like the Second Chance option in the other Nancy Drew games).

It's actually on who you accuse. Not the game score.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 27, 09 3:18 PM
I was playing the demo and before I knew it the hour was up. That says something right? I have a credit. I was going to wait and see but I think I will splurge and get this one. I liked the dialogue. I thought it was fun. The lady at the spa.. ooh lala..
I don't like the large file ND. This one is not as difficult to follow but challenging at the same time. Although not so challenging that I have to constantly see the walkthrough. Yep, it's a buy.
Thank you Big Fish.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 27, 09 4:45 PM
Thank you for the correction about the six endings and how they occur.

I just wanted to say that anyone who likes this game will definitely enjoy the first Nancy Drew Dossier, as well---it has pretty much the same gameplay that Resorting to Danger does.

baffledtoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by baffledtoo on Aug 27, 09 5:08 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I think I've played most of the Nancy Drew games. Totally different from the large file games. I struggled with Ransom - either the NDs are getting more difficult, or I'm getting even older, and even stupider, but this was great! It romped along, was challenging enough to make it interesting. I managed to maintain the will to live during the maze game towards the end, and thought the coins in the door was a stinker, but that was the only puzzle for which I looked at the walkthrough. The other tasks were logical. The mini-games got a little harder each time, but were fine.

I thought it was a far better game than the first dossier. Would recommend it to anybody who likes hidden object and puzzles.

[Post New]by spam1231 on Aug 27, 09 5:29 PM
How do you decompress the bomb??? spam

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Aug 27, 09 5:45 PM
This Nancy Drew Dossier is much improved over the first!!

I loved this game and I think the replay factor is great. The mini-games were a lot more fun than the first one, too.
Nancy Drew (both game formats) are my absolute favorite games and great fun for kids and adults alike.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Aug 27, 09 5:58 PM
spam1231
this thread is for reviews and comments on the game. Look in the forum to see if someone asked the same question and got an answer. If not, you can always start a new discussion to ask for help.
Happy gaming

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 27, 09 6:37 PM
baffledtoo wrote:I really enjoyed this game. I think I've played most of the Nancy Drew games. Totally different from the large file games. ..... - either the NDs are getting more difficult, or I'm getting even older, and even stupider.

LOL. I couldn't agree more! I've stopped buying the other ND games - I cannot get through the arcade-type puzzle in 2 of the last 3 I played and keep going to a walk through for help.

Loved this one! Finished the demo in 50 minutes w/o any hints and it flew by. Enjoyed the dialogue - is Nancy's voice done by the same person as the other games?

This one is a keeper and I'll have to try the other dossier game.

My only negative comment is I could not figure out how to get out of the screen when I hit the end of the demo. I ended up just clicking everywhere (RTR would have called me a clicky pants) and suddenly ended up back at the game manager.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Aug 27, 09 6:42 PM
I did the same thing, Jess!
I really enjoyed the game, it was put together well. Clear, easy to follow, nice voices, it does have a lot of dialogue, but does not have the endless wandering around as I had in the other ND's. This was a lot of fun.
I finished the demo in about 50 mins.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Aug 27, 09 6:50 PM
Great game, yes the acting is corny but sometime that is just what you need. Great change from the inca or egyptian theme and an improvement over the first. I recommend it.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Aug 27, 09 8:05 PM
Wow they already have a walkthrough for it too. These fishies are fast!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Aug 27, 09 8:59 PM
Just downloading it now...sure hope I'm not making a mistake! It's the first ND game I have and decided to give it a try since I enjoyed playing the demo last night. I'll let you know how it goes. Happy Gaming...

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Aug 27, 09 9:34 PM
I just love this game.good pics.I like it cause it talk to you.clues are some what easy.mini games are cool.I have played some ND games when they first came out.did not like them,but this one i like.Wish they were all like this one.Can,t wait for it to finish downloading.I am at the part of molecules.Looks hard ,but i think i can do it.well talk to you all later.happy gaming

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 27, 09 9:38 PM
i played 15 minutes of the demo and had to purchase this game. like the story line love the mini games and you don't walk around in circles trying to figure out what to do next. i played the first nancy drew dossier and in my opinion this one is better.

i give it

[Post New]by purplescapolite on Aug 27, 09 9:48 PM
I am stuck in The Haunting of Castle Malloy. Two problems:

(1) I have rounded up all the sheep in the barn, but when I blow the whistle to shear them, nothing happens.

(2) When I click on the wool and the unfinished sheep doll in the bog hut, again nothing happens.

I am at wit's end. Please help. Sorry if this question is in the wrong forum.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 27, 09 10:27 PM
purplescapolite wrote:I am stuck in The Haunting of Castle Malloy. Two problems:

(1) I have rounded up all the sheep in the barn, but when I blow the whistle to shear them, nothing happens.

(2) When I click on the wool and the unfinished sheep doll in the bog hut, again nothing happens.

I am at wit's end. Please help. Sorry if this question is in the wrong forum.

Yes you realy need to go to the correct forum for that as you would get people that have played it and maybe the answer is already there, Sorry cannot help

Good Luck
lineck

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Aug 28, 09 2:08 AM
I'm loving this! I love most ND but have found some of the large files to be too tedious. This one moves along but, unlike the first Dossier (if I gave it enough chance on-line -- now I'm wondering?) it's much more than matching hidden objects, which can get boring. This is a nice blend of game elements! Thanks again for another great game, and with a demo too

Edited on 08/28/2009 at 2:14:26 AM PST

[Post New]by IHOPKCMan41 on Aug 28, 09 12:19 PM
Well I finished it in about a day. It was a very well polished game. It was challenging at times but it does seem to give you enough leeway so you can get through. I actually got through without using the walkthrough although I had to redo the bomb disarming and call screening games a few times. They have hints and help along the way also. It does get a little tedious once again looking around for something to pop-up, and what to join together, but it is interesting. I did seem to find that I had some different scenes and things I didn't do than the walkthrough. My question is, is it really interesting to get a high enough score to unlock the special credit scenes at the end? I could probably go through this game in my sleep now but I'd rather not!

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Aug 28, 09 10:13 PM
I've never played a ND. Time to give her a try!

Go to: