GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Help having trouble playing this

[Post New]by GEmory on Aug 29, 09 7:48 PM
Ditto for me as far as having problems with cascades of matches. The game basically stops for about 5 minutes every time. Very irritating. I really enjoy games where I'm building or restoring homes, towns, etc; but I will not be buying this one unless they fix the problems.

magr8r
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by magr8r on Aug 29, 09 7:48 PM
I like the game except for the hold up on the graphic cascade. Sorry to say I bought it before I discovered the graphics problem. Hopefully, BFG will get this fixed.

Dilana
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dilana on Aug 29, 09 11:22 PM
I'm having the same lag when large cascades are involved. Actually lost a level when i ran out of time waiting for the game to catch up. Also lost my mouse pointer occasionally.

That was actually bearable compared to what i just experienced when i reloaded the game for another session. Now, it seems that the bottom row(s?) of the puzzle is almost completely hidden below the view window. it's not a monitor issue, but within the game itself. It's probably more than one, as I keep clearing what I can see, but still lose the level. So ... pretty effectively stalled at this level to get the final rocks to build the transport station.

System:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution Bluetooth (Setpoint version 4.72.4)

Certainly hope this gets fixed soon. Even with the occasional lag, it was an enjoyable game.

[Post New]by larrya1969 on Aug 30, 09 5:25 AM
This is my first time commenting on any BF game, but I just had to with this one. I too experienced the freezing up on large cascades. This morning I was trying to finish up the trial minutes and it froze again and Windows shut down. I had to do a system restore to a point where the system was OK. Had a really hard time getting the computer back.

I'm not a computer expert but my computer has not had any issues playing the other games. I'm glad my system deleted this game for me.

I'm hooked on BF games, so I hope this doesn't happen again.

kittysuzi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kittysuzi on Aug 30, 09 7:32 AM
This game would be fun if it didn't lag so bad I am just fustrated with it because of course I purchased it and now it won't play!!

[Post New]by pcangelnc on Aug 30, 09 10:53 AM
I'm not having the lag issues mentioned here but I am having trouble playing the game. I purchased it before I ran into this issue. I am only on the 3rd level and am having much trouble progressing. Either the match layouts get too complicated too quickly or the timer isn't sufficient. I am spending all my efforts doing a match layout so I can buy more spells so I can do another match layout. Can't really get ahead enough to build/upgrade.

I've never had trouble with a BF game before. Do they do "patches" to fix issues and if so, how do I find out about one?

[Post New]by easilyamused on Aug 30, 09 12:12 PM
I was having the same trouble with lag until I closed Firefox 3.5, I had several tabs open. Now the game is running fine. Not sure if the problem is with the game or Firefox or a mix. I'm only running a Dell 1.8m processor with 1g ram, video is a geforce3. Hope this helps everyone.

I'm still debating on whether to buy this game. My favorite Match3 game is Fishdom h2o because the match3 puzzles have a purpose to build towards something. This one is somewhat similar, so probably will buy, only $7 for hours of entertainment, not a bad deal.

[Post New]by PurpleMiss on Aug 30, 09 1:19 PM
Having same problem with mine someone please help.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Aug 30, 09 5:12 PM
I seem to be having problems lately with the games from this site. This particular one had to be downloaded twice before it actually downloaded. Then when I opened it, it was running at below snail speed - absolutely unplayable! This is the third or fourth game in the last 6 weeks that was unplayable for one reason or another. Really makes you wonder what is going on with Big Fish. The quality of the games has certainly gone downhill lately.

[Post New]by generousgem3 on Aug 30, 09 7:47 PM
I too am having trouble with it freezing up with the large combos/cascades... It has to be the game as we all have different computers/graphics/memory etc. ... I too hope BFG fixes this: I'll chat with them tomorrow to make sure they know about it... I too am 99% towards purchasing it - it runs great except for the cascading
As for 'patches', what they have done in the past is post saying to uninstall the one you have & re-download the said game... I had to do that with Hidden Expedition: Titanic ... the window was bigger than my screen so I couldn't see the items on the edge of the screen...lol
Anyway - I've given my three cents: hope it helps
Why don't we ALL hit up chat tomorrow & let them know? That way they know it's not just one person's computer...
Good luck everyone!
Gem

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Aug 30, 09 7:56 PM
I tried closing Firefox (thanks easilyamused), but unfortunately it only helped to a small degree. My cursor was still floating some, and the cascades were taking their own sweet time to fill. Not as bad as before, this time I could actually finish the 1st couple of levels, but just barely. So this one's still a no go for me. And I have no problems with any other 256 games, and always keep my drivers updated as well. Shame too, because fishdom and games like this one I usually end up buying. Oh well.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Aug 30, 09 8:10 PM
Well I'm not the only fish in this bug pond with problems. Couldn't even play.

hickorybabe
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by hickorybabe on Aug 31, 09 5:40 AM
I don't use firefox so it can't be that and also where else do u go to complain about this issue I have not seen BF reply to any of this yet? generousgem3 'you said to hit up chat tomorrow and talk about this but where do we go to?

Edited on 08/31/2009 at 5:42:23 AM PST

Dilana
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dilana on Aug 31, 09 7:05 AM
Made a second profile to test whether it would happen again .... yup, it did.

Took a screen capture, available here: [Link removed by moderator]

I've also tried the suggested closing of Firefox, with no luck.

Would need 12 Poseidon's Marbles to get passed this. There are more rows below the half a row at the bottom, apparently. (Currently working with a 3rd profile to accumulate enough before this level, racking up the points until time almost runs out, trying to get a marble each level.

Found yet another problem: When i went into the market to buy spells, I'd leave to find one of my houses had vanished. Rebuilt the darned thing 4 times (with upgrades). rofl

I'm thinkin maybe the game designers shoulda had a few more beta testers. I'm not blaming BFG, just shoddy programming on the part of the designers. I've rarely seen a game this buggy. If it wasn't so frustrating, it'd almost be fun just finding the next one.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 3:47:22 PM PST

BoaterSue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BoaterSue on Aug 31, 09 8:41 PM
Dilana wrote:I'm having the same lag when large cascades are involved. Actually lost a level when i ran out of time waiting for the game to catch up. Also lost my mouse pointer occasionally.

That was actually bearable compared to what i just experienced when i reloaded the game for another session. Now, it seems that the bottom row(s?) of the puzzle is almost completely hidden below the view window. it's not a monitor issue, but within the game itself. It's probably more than one, as I keep clearing what I can see, but still lose the level. So ... pretty effectively stalled at this level to get the final rocks to build the transport station.

System:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution Bluetooth (Setpoint version 4.72.4)

Certainly hope this gets fixed soon. Even with the occasional lag, it was an enjoyable game.

BoaterSue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BoaterSue on Aug 31, 09 8:44 PM
Glad to hear it is not just me I have tried everything and could not fihure out what I was doing wrong. I tried full screen on and off to no succes.I am now stuck and feel ripped off.
Never had this trouble before do they advise us whenthey fix the game and give us upgrade FREE!

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Sep 1, 09 11:58 PM
T here was a brief mesage from bfgbering to contact tech support , but since I did not buy this game, I didn't bother. Thank goodness I wasn't a beta tester on this game, or I'd feel like a HUGE schmuck. Ihope you guys get patches or your $ back.

[Post New]by prk7sher on Sep 2, 09 12:41 AM
thank goodness i thought it was just me i really hope they resolve this issue soon

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Sep 2, 09 1:07 AM
The game was buggy for me too - which is disappointing. The concept of rebuilding the town appealed to me, but unfortunately poor execution has ruined the game. Graphics were also quite unattractive compared to some other gorgeous Match 3 titles.

[Post New]by deemelo on Aug 19, 11 8:07 PM
I am having problems with this game too,only I downloaded it free off of Playcity.com.It get to a part where you cannot collect any more rocks and the board in the gallery looks complete but the 2 bottom lines are at the bottom.Too bad it looked like a good game!

Go to: