apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

Re:NEW magic miser achievement...ERROR?

[Post New]by apollogold on Sep 13, 15 5:57 PM
Hiya General.... Apollo here... Can you tell me what the reward is for the 2nd half of this achievement? That way, I'll have all the facts before I "Poke a MOD" with a PM... I've Poked em before and things got fixed... not afraid to do it again! I totally agree that 50,000 is TOO Much! Think the Dev's got carried away with the 0's.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 6:00 PM
apollogold wrote:Hiya General.... Apollo here... Can you tell me what the reward is for the 2nd half of this achievement? That way, I'll have all the facts before I "Poke a MOD" with a PM... I've Poked em before and things got fixed... not afraid to do it again! I totally agree that 50,000 is TOO Much! Think the Dev's got carried away with the 0's.

Yes....Hello....and really Thank You from my heart......here it is.....ready?....10 diamonds for collecting 50,000 shards..........that is the second cup

**D@NgeR**

Edited on 09/13/2015 at 6:00:55 PM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Sep 13, 15 6:11 PM
Thanks.... I'll also mention the KEY problem... sounds reasonable that if you have to find 200+ shards or send an airship umpteenth times for 200+ ships wheels, you should get more KEYS! We'll see how fast this can get resolved.

Edited on 09/13/2015 at 6:12:55 PM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 6:14 PM
apollogold wrote:Thanks.... I'll also mention the KEY problem... sounds reasonable that if you have to find 200+ shards or send an airship umpteenth times for 200+ ships wheels, you should get more KEYS! We'll see how fast this can get resolved.

Glad we are on the same page with this newest update ensamble........ **D**

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Sep 13, 15 6:17 PM
My Magic Miser is not incrementing when I convert items into magic shards. I had 173 at the start of the day and I converted 27 items just to see if I got to 1000. Guess what - I'm stll at 173!!!!

What a rip off.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 6:21 PM
geniegal wrote:My Magic Miser is not incrementing when I convert items into magic shards. I had 173 at the start of the day and I converted 27 items just to see if I got to 1000. Guess what - I'm stll at 173!!!!

What a rip off.

Yea....this whole new aspect has many erronious realities than meets the eye at this point in time........MANY **D** out

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Sep 13, 15 6:25 PM
"Poke" 'em good Apollo! Oh my brain is in the gutter today!

D, I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have your messages on your wishlist to wake up to every morning! So, if you peace out.. I'd cry. Don't stress about the Trina's quests and just do them as you can. I personally have been poking (hehehehehe) everything in the Castle, in HOS, in... well every where to see if new things move about. There's quite a bit or more than I remember. Sadly back to the work week tomorrow so less poking.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 13, 15 6:26 PM
I did two quests and decided this is considerably worse than the daily quests so am going to ignore it the way I'm ignoring them. Waste of time and inventory IMHO.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 6:30 PM
I am stoked again that the squekie wheel seemed to stir at least an inquery into the minagery of it..........Apollo RAWKS my socks back on and out of the dregs of that gutter.....back into grips with gittin it fixed...or at least more info as to the reasons of it........dig your aura Rahia........ cheers **D** out

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 6:32 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I did two quests and decided this is considerably worse than the daily quests so am going to ignore it the way I'm ignoring them. Waste of time and inventory IMHO.

Smart....me too sadly.......it had a promise for an intresting interlude to the game.....but not as it remains as of now....no way! **D** out

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Sep 13, 15 7:43 PM
Ok... Heads Up everyone..... Below is a copy of what I sent. Hope I managed to cover everything. You will also notice that I sent to not 1, but 4 MODS. I figured... the more that know.... maybe... just maybe.... the quicker this with get resolved!
PRAY!!!!

Apollo / Shadow in the caslte

Hi bfg Waimea,

I would like to bring to your attention a thread entitled, "New magic miser achievement... ERROR?" located in the Midnight Castle Forum.
It basically concerns the 2nd task in this achievement... In the first task, you have to collect 1000 Magic Shards to receive 5 diamonds. The 2nd part of this achievement, it asks you to collect 50,000 for 10 diamonds. I believe that this is definitely an Error and the Devs placed one too many 0's. I and many other players honestly think that this goal is "Very Unattainable", especially considering how very hard it is to attain the Magic Shards. You're lucky to get even one shard by clicking on the butterflies in the rooms and not everyone has a Large Inventory to "disenchant" an item for a shard. Considering that the character, "Trina" keeps asking for larger amounts of shards.... 200+, Then something needs to change. In Inventory, if an item sells for 15 coins, you should receive, at least, 5 Shards for disenchanting it, not 1. If it sells for 25 coins, you should get 10 Shards, etc... The higher the sell price, the more shards you should receive for disenchanting it.

Another complaint is the amount of Keys you have to get.. Considering, that "Trina" has started asking for either 200+ Shards or 200+ Wheels from the airship, she should give out , at least, 2 keys. Example... she asks for 100 of each of the items, 1 Key. 200.. 2 Keys. 300... 3 keys. The Keys should go up with every 100 mark.

Could you please bring these concerns to the Devs attention. Especially the one concerning the Magic Miser Achievement. I believe it should read 5,000... not 50,000.

Thank you for your time.

apollogold

cc:
Bellerophon
Glithui
Okeechobee

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 7:54 PM
Beautiful....precise and contrite.....and SPOT ON!!!!! excellent JOB..... **D@NgeR** out

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Sep 13, 15 7:55 PM
apollogold wrote:Ok... Heads Up everyone..... Below is a copy of what I sent. Hope I managed to cover everything. You will also notice that I sent to not 1, but 4 MODS. I figured... the more that know.... maybe... just maybe.... the quicker this with get resolved!
PRAY!!!!

Apollo / Shadow in the caslte

Hi bfg Waimea,

I would like to bring to your attention a thread entitled, "New magic miser achievement... ERROR?" located in the Midnight Castle Forum.
It basically concerns the 2nd task in this achievement... In the first task, you have to collect 1000 Magic Shards to receive 5 diamonds. The 2nd part of this achievement, it asks you to collect 50,000 for 10 diamonds. I believe that this is definitely an Error and the Devs placed one too many 0's. I and many other players honestly think that this goal is "Very Unattainable", especially considering how very hard it is to attain the Magic Shards. You're lucky to get even one shard by clicking on the butterflies in the rooms and not everyone has a Large Inventory to "disenchant" an item for a shard. Considering that the character, "Trina" keeps asking for larger amounts of shards.... 200+, Then something needs to change. In Inventory, if an item sells for 15 coins, you should receive, at least, 5 Shards for disenchanting it, not 1. If it sells for 25 coins, you should get 10 Shards, etc... The higher the sell price, the more shards you should receive for disenchanting it.

Another complaint is the amount of Keys you have to get.. Considering, that "Trina" has started asking for either 200+ Shards or 200+ Wheels from the airship, she should give out , at least, 2 keys. Example... she asks for 100 of each of the items, 1 Key. 200.. 2 Keys. 300... 3 keys. The Keys should go up with every 100 mark.

Could you please bring these concerns to the Devs attention. Especially the one concerning the Magic Miser Achievement. I believe it should read 5,000... not 50,000.

Thank you for your time.

apollogold

cc:
Bellerophon
Glithui
Okeechobee

A MASTERPIECE !! **D**

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Sep 13, 15 8:41 PM
Thank you, general.... glad you liked it. Now.... because I've "Poked" 4 MODS instead of 1.... I think I'll crawl back to my corner for awhile. LOL....

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Sep 13, 15 9:04 PM
General_hobojoe wrote: Maybe the Moderators will eventually read this thread

Since you are the OP (original poster),
you could edit the title to something like:
" ATTEN: Mods! New Achievement ERROR?!"

Would be cool to see if one of them replies with a promise to send the issue along to the developers. Hint, hint!

ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Sep 13, 15 9:41 PM
Hats off to both The General and Apollo for hopefully bringing the Magic Miser achievement to the attention of the DEVS N MODS. Before Trina came along I had 1 achievement to complete and now have to fight tooth n nail for another 15. NOT HAPPY!!!!!! As an exorbitant amount of shards n keys are required for Trina and her OTT achievements WHY didn't the DEVS put shards n keys on the Wheel and the poker/slot machine to make it slightly more a attainable for us to acquire those items. Hopefully when an "update" where we can level up maybe they could have shards n keys drop from HOS. I don't drink much alcohol but we do have a bottle of Tequila that is taunting me so as it's cocktail hour here in Oz 2.40pm I'm off to have a Tequila shot and will then pour myself into the chair to do the rounds. OMG !!!! Again well done General and Apollo and as that Tequila is burning my throat I will toast you both. Love your work.

Barbara

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Sep 14, 15 12:30 AM
I am more and more disappointed with this update. I have already decided to give up on Trina as she is more bother than she is worth and am beginning to think that the whole thing is more bother than it is worth. What have we really gained? Has it all been rushed out without much thought or preparation?

Thumbs down from me.

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Sep 14, 15 12:53 AM
The higher the sell price, the more shards you should receive for disenchanting it.

But that is the case, isn't it?

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Sep 14, 15 1:56 AM
Thanks **D@NgeR** and Apollo!!!!

Trina has started asking for 200+ Shards from me...so I also stopped the quests,it's unreasonable and I believe it's a MISTAKE!!!???.... as also is the 2nd part of the magic miser achievement !!!

....I hope we get a reply soon...because if this is not a MISTAKE!!!???
........and they wanted to be so demanding(for Their Reasons) .... better to know..... so we can give up the game now !!!???

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Sep 14, 15 4:26 AM
Anglesey wrote:
The higher the sell price, the more shards you should receive for disenchanting it.

But that is the case, isn't it?

Sorry to bust your bubble Anglesey... but the answer is no. Everything in your normal inventory is worth 1 shard if you disenchant it, regardless of the sell price. The only items that give more than 1 shard are "Crafted Items" which are worth 1000's of coin and then you receive, at most, 33 shards. H**L will freeze over before I disenchant a crafted item.

Apollo (MIA) / Shadow in the castle

Go to: