mtm1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Egyot II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments and reviews

[Post New]by mtm1 on Sep 6, 09 8:20 AM
Don't buy!! Too many glitches, (like willow leaves never make it into inventory, etc. etc.)

noilif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by noilif on Sep 6, 09 11:53 PM
This game has hung up on me twice! I wish I had read the forums before buying and not after! BFs preview editors may be getting too comfortable in their job. Time for some new blood. Someone who cares about future sales.

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Sep 28, 09 8:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up! i hate buying a big file game and it's not even worth playing, so again.....thanks.

Auction3d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Egypt II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments and reviews

[Post New]by Auction3d on Oct 12, 09 11:02 PM
This is the same game I bought (at the store) a few years ago. It was on sale so I thought I'd try it.

I finally gave up on it though because at some point nothing I did got me any further along in the game (not quite sure what point that was anymore since it's been so long) I tried one last time and then I've not played since.

Unless they have fixed that from the original game I don't suggest this one.
I liked it till I found that I could not continue on with the game. I just kept going back over the same areas over and over trying to find what I had missed and there was nothing else to try. So I gave up.

greekgeek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by greekgeek on Jul 16, 10 9:41 PM
I am a fan of large file adventure games, but I've played this one for ten minutes and I already hate it. There are no instructions, getting around is totally non-intuitive (the map is useless as far as I can see), and the graphics are fuzzy. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get back out of a shop I wandered into since the directional pointer wouldn't allow me to approach the door directly. There are really no visual hints as where one ought to be headed. For me this is a total bust. I probably won't even try and play this game, because I have better things to do with my time than feel frustrated. I feel as though BF ought to pull this one from the offing.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Sep 11, 10 8:26 AM
I was really looking forward to playing this game in spite of the negative reviews on it, the story line sounded very interesting to me. Unfortunately have been fighting with it all morning though and cannot keep it running. The game freezes constantly, especially when using the map, and crashes to desktop. The cut scenes are beautiful, but the gameplay graphics very grainy. There's a yellow box that appears in the upper left hand corner with every move in every scene, appears and then disappears again. Not sure what that's about. As far as I've been able to find out, my computer far exceeds the minimum system requirements for the game, so not sure why the problems with it unless the game just badly done, but will have to give it up as a bad buy.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Dec 2, 10 9:27 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with all the reviews for this game. It's a disaster. The only colors they used were sepia tones. What was lacking graphically was smudged in shadows. Whoever wrote the description of this game for BFG had probably never even played it.

Too bad so many were suckered into buying it. I was one. I gave up after two tries.

sissymaria
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sissymaria on Feb 20, 13 3:33 PM
I have bought many games from BF, this game is the worst ever. Would love to get a credit for it........Nothing good about the game, it freezes & the picure quality is real lousy. Plus the walkthrough isn't that helpful either......I'm just going to delete it & take the loss........

Re:Egyot II: The Heliopolis Prophecy comments (possible small spoilers)

[Post New]by LadyWode on Feb 23, 13 4:26 PM
Hung up in this game 2x in 2days and I may be done with it! The first time I think I may have missed that I had the first remedy-because the game doesn't announce that and there were so many "jars" that I couldn't tell them apart. At least I think that I didn't have it...started all over early today and when I got to the end of the game.I think I accidentally traded to the beer merchant 2x, giving her my willow leaves and THEN the honey, but since the beer only shows up ONCE, I cannot trade the jar back because I need it! I am surprised that this wasn't caught, I mean, couldn't she refuse it somehow? I could have corrected the situation myself if the game had a "save roster" as my last game did (different company) because I could have time-traveled! As for the "DRUM" issue, just ignore the "flashing drums". I have little rythym ]but if you watch the girl and listen to her drum sounds you'll pick up the beat easily but it doesn't work instantly.
Totally frustrated.

[Post New]by LadyWode on Feb 23, 13 4:30 PM
Oh, BTY, although the graphics aren't a problem for me, with little freezing, the 360 control can be hard to harness. It gives me dizzy spells, and I'm not kidding!

Go to: