Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville here

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Sep 17, 15 1:43 PM
full of bugs...various levels freezes or sticks. various problems encountered by others also..
love the clutter series but not this one.
like another fishie I will keep it in my game manager in the hope there is a fix
disappointing

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Sep 17, 15 1:45 PM
should have added i'm using widows 8

di60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by di60 on Sep 17, 15 3:00 PM
I am on Windows 8. I get as far as the jigsaw puzzle and the pieces won't attach to the side. When I press the skip button it comes up with an access violation. I am unable to play past this. Very sad because I was enjoying this game

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Sep 17, 15 3:21 PM
I'm having the same trouble as di60. The puzzle has no instructions really so I put the pieces together, click the small arrow, the pieces get split apart and jammed off to the edge of the board, and when I try to put them together they won't stick. I click the next arrow and get an access violation. It's apparently impossible to skip this puzzle and get on with the game because I've restarted twice now and get taken right to this same broken puzzle page.

[Post New]by kennelgirl on Sep 17, 15 3:45 PM
Very frustrating. I purchased the game before trying it because I have always liked the other Clutter games. There is no cursor and I have tried the suggested solutions but still no cursor. Can I get my money back?

[Post New]by nanci_lee on Sep 17, 15 5:53 PM
I am having the same problem with Windows 10 on my laptop, no cursor, game not centered on screen, unable to exit. My ancient desktop has windows vista and Clutter V runs perfectly. Is there going to be a fix for windows 10?

[Post New]by nickers14 on Sep 17, 15 7:23 PM
How do you quit the game ? I started a level, but had to leave and tried to quit the game. Nothing worked to quit the game. I could not even open the task manager. I finally had to restart the computer to get clutter to stop.
Windows 8.1

[Post New]by hardeen on Sep 17, 15 11:33 PM
I lose the cursor after opening game also.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Sep 18, 15 2:37 AM
There is a bug with the Full Screen Jigsaw Puzzle.

If you put the pieces together and then use the Skip Arrows, it causes problems. I will work on fixing that today.

If you either don't use the skip pieces at all, or if you use the skip button before you stick any pieces together, you will be able to finish those puzzles. The bug only occurs when using the Skip arrows after you've stuck pieces together, but before you put them in the puzzle.

Sorry about this one, I only heard about it (after it shipped) and I will do my best to fix it today.

Any other fullscreen and cursor issues are usually Windows 10 related and Big Fish Tech Support is available to help in those areas.

Joe

[Post New]by sbdavid on Sep 18, 15 8:36 AM
My Windows 10 problem with no cursor and middle of screen issue was RESOLVED by changing the setting under Display from magnify to 125 back down to 100. I missed this initially. Hope this helps someone else. Also when I first installed Windows 10, I did have to do a video driver update to make older games display properly. Games play fine now, including Clutter V.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Sep 18, 15 2:35 PM
Joe's solution to getting past the jigsaw puzzle didn't work for me. Can't move forward or backward from there and can't exit the game without using Task Manager. Anxiously awaiting a fix for this game that I have purchased.

[Post New]by RaymieG on Sep 18, 15 3:16 PM
Have Windows 10. Had the same problem as others with the cursor not being visible.
Thanks to sbdavid for sharing his solution. Worked for me.

FloNS
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by FloNS on Sep 18, 15 7:56 PM
Worked for me also, thanks a lot for finding this.

[Post New]by securefed on Sep 19, 15 6:34 AM
AverageSizeFish wrote:I'm having the same trouble as di60. The puzzle has no instructions really so I put the pieces together, click the small arrow, the pieces get split apart and jammed off to the edge of the board, and when I try to put them together they won't stick. I click the next arrow and get an access violation. It's apparently impossible to skip this puzzle and get on with the game because I've restarted twice now and get taken right to this same broken puzzle page.

Same here. I uninstalled and re-installed the game and experienced the same problem. There is no way to continue this game (and I just bought it). I hope Joe will come up with an update soon.

I am running Windows 8.1.

Edited on 09/19/2015 at 6:35:25 AM PST

moonchild8
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moonchild8 on Sep 19, 15 7:48 AM
ukuser wrote:Hi

I'm using Windows 10 and I can't get past the opening screen as there is no visible cursor. I have to close the game from outside of the game e.g. cancel it in Task Manager.

Same problem here I also have Windows 10, and no cursor so had to close the game the hard way. Luckily I didn't buy it yet!

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 19, 15 11:57 AM
sbdavid wrote:My Windows 10 problem with no cursor and middle of screen issue was RESOLVED by changing the setting under Display from magnify to 125 back down to 100. I missed this initially. Hope this helps someone else. Also when I first installed Windows 10, I did have to do a video driver update to make older games display properly. Games play fine now, including Clutter V.

Kudos for catching this! But I checked my Display and it was already on 100%, so this didn't help my "no cursor" issue. I had already updated my video driver, too.

I've tried every suggestion I can find for Windows 10, nothing works. Now I'm thinking it might be my laptop maker (Sony Vaio). The updates from them won't be ready until November

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Sep 19, 15 4:52 PM
i created a new profile and tried to skip the jigsaw puzzle as Joe said to do and it doesn't work! If there is no fix by Monday, I will request a refund as the game is not playable. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by cmcitak on Sep 19, 15 5:32 PM
Enjoying the game, but the mouse is so slow. Super frustrating, especially since you can only click so fast while the timer yells at you.

[Post New]by muggles3175 on Sep 19, 15 6:46 PM
I am using Windows 10 and cannot get past the opening screen, Have to use Ctrl/Alt/Delete to Task Manager to get out of screen , This has happened with the last 3 or 4 games I have attempted to download.

Oloti
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Oloti on Sep 20, 15 6:08 AM
I run Windows 10 and experienced the same problems reported. I ran the compatibility wizard I found when following the help pages on Big Fish - the link was previously posted here. It's running fine for me now.

Go to: