P-Day Collectibles

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:P-Day Collectibles

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 21, 15 11:10 AM
Great add on there Genie good to know. I've been hoovering the dang thing for years . never thought it would be a problem. Glad you spoke up! So i'll stay with the compressed air thing. Either way make sure the dang thing is turned off and unplugged.

nancc919
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nancc919 on Sep 22, 15 7:08 AM
Interesting thing as far as the collectibles are concerned. I happened to look at my achievements before I got the reward for my last P-day collectible. It said I had one collectible, then when I redeemed the reward, it disappeared. I did get the credit from Odin and see the collectibles in the warehouse, so perhaps we have to collect all of the P-day collectibles twice...once for Odin and once for the P-day quests.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 7:16 AM
nancc919 wrote:Interesting thing as far as the collectibles are concerned. I happened to look at my achievements before I got the reward for my last P-day collectible. It said I had one collectible, then when I redeemed the reward, it disappeared. I did get the credit from Odin and see the collectibles in the warehouse, so perhaps we have to collect all of the P-day collectibles twice...once for Odin and once for the P-day quests.

I hope you are not right. I had a heck of a time getting the 1st sets. At this point, I'm waiting to see what Dot reports is the next set of quests. I think this will provide us some valuable information on what we'll need to do.

[Post New]by vickiney on Sep 22, 15 7:32 AM
lpcb wrote:
pixietamber wrote:I'm having major issues with the game shutting my computer off. It allows me to play for a bit sometimes once or twice only sometimes for an hour & then it shuts down my computer usually when I'm working on a scene that will give me a collectible and taking my progress (including the collectible and fuel earned with it).

It's happened at least 20 times tonight!

NOT IMPRESSED.

Mine has been doing that as well, my comp. says it's over heating, then shuts down. I can't really play for more than 15 minutes at a time, sometimes 1/2 hour. I lose whatever I'm working on, so I don't want to push it now with PD. Could this be what is happening with you?

Don't know if this is much consolation but this happened to me several times last year and in the end the laptop screen remained permanently black. I was told I needed a new motherboard as the old one had overheated, whether as a result of the game crashing so often or the board overheating I don't know! Whatever the case, I lost all progress made and had to reinstall game losing weeks of play.

lestrad
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by lestrad on Sep 22, 15 7:44 AM
I did a second set of collectibles just to see if I could (Thank you insomnia) and was able to collect gold again but still no quest credit. I plan to collect another set and hold until the last day as an ace in the hole.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 8:27 AM
lestrad wrote:I did a second set of collectibles just to see if I could (Thank you insomnia) and was able to collect gold again but still no quest credit. I plan to collect another set and hold until the last day as an ace in the hole.

Yep. I'm gonna try to do a 2nd set and hold it.. see what happens.

nancc919
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nancc919 on Sep 22, 15 8:58 AM
I'm holding as well. My guess is hat we have to wait until we are asked for the collection to redeem it and then we will get credit towards the achievement.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 9:00 AM
nancc919 wrote:I'm holding as well. My guess is hat we have to wait until we are asked for the collection to redeem it and then we will get credit towards the achievement.

I just have to work up the will now, to travel and collect again..

ALFHUG
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

P-Day Collectibles

[Post New]by ALFHUG on Sep 22, 15 9:35 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I don't want this to get lost in the other posts..

Checking to see if others are having same/different experience.

I have redeemed (for Odin quest) 1 of each of the PDay collections. I received credit from Odin, but did NOT receive credit for the Pirate Day Event.

Is there anyone who HAS redeemed and received credit? Or are we all in the same boat?
[/quote

I have just read list4art post and I believe the problem will be resolved in the balance of PD as the new quests are completed as Quest 32 to 38 are for the Seven Seas Pearls (PD 5)

Edited on 09/22/2015 at 9:50:34 AM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 22, 15 11:08 AM
I believe Dot is telling us that you won't get credit for PD collections that you gathered before you get a quest requesting a collection, whether you redeem them or not. So best just to amass fuel and wait for the quest, then go find.

I have no PD quests today so I guess I'm barred from the rest of the event. Ah well, it wasn't much fun anyway. Think it's time for me to take a break from this insanity.

Later mates.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 22, 15 11:14 AM
I purposely only switched my buildings one town at a time. That took care of the first four days.
I agree that we won't get credit for the collections until we are given a quest for them, so I'm making my trips and trying to get the items so that I'll have them.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere a hidden "Guises of Ran the Owl" cookie jar in this event? I haven't found one, but I still see only four listed, so I'm wondering if anybody found one somewhere.

One other note...don't forget to fill your world badge collections...I'm only down four fuel this morning after at least 30 trips in the plane, including two to Spain.

I'm just trying to figure...if the first four days were for the town, and the next four are for the collections, what will be the quest on the last day?

If you don't have quests today, it's probably because you got ahead in the decorating.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 22, 15 11:22 AM
The latest quests posted by Dot are FIND quests.

Collectibles already in your inventory don't count. You could have 100 peach pearls, doesn't matter. You have to go find another one AFTER you accept the quest asking you to do so.

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Sep 22, 15 11:45 AM
For those who's computers are over heating, I learned never cover/block the fans/vents. Blocking these will cause overheating and the fans are doing overtime to cool your system down. I've invested in Dust Off Electronics Duster (Air-in-a-Can) for over 10yrs now. I also use it to clean my keyboard of debris/dust. Cat and Dog hair are the number on killer of Computer fans if not cleaned.

ALFHUG
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ALFHUG on Sep 24, 15 8:31 AM
I have found the secret on getting credit for PD collectables. Go to AES Museum and click on Warrhouse and you will get a quest. Click on quest and then you will get the credits for completing PD collectables

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 24, 15 9:30 AM
Day 7 is complete the Pirate Ran (cookie jar) set. Had a set sitting in collections. The GO button sent me to collections & I redeemed the collection. When I did, my achievement for PD Collectibles showed 1/4.

Odin Boxer also congratulated me on completing the collection - collection now in Warehouse.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 24, 15 1:29 PM
Hey Dot, Just noticed you beat me to it. You must be up earlier than me.

Macky922
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Macky922 on Sep 24, 15 2:07 PM
I have all 4 collections in the warehouse already, I checked. Now it looks like we finally get credit in achievements as well.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 2:14 PM
Since I already gave to Odin once, I'm going to wait and see if I get credit without having to redeem again. I'll report back tomorrow morning.

Martha112
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

P-Day Collectibles

[Post New]by Martha112 on Sep 24, 15 5:07 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I don't want this to get lost in the other posts..

Checking to see if others are having same/different experience.

I have redeemed (for Odin quest) 1 of each of the PDay collections. I received credit from Odin, but did NOT receive credit for the Pirate Day Event.

Is there anyone who HAS redeemed and received credit? Or are we all in the same boat?

Yep, same problem for me too.

Martha112
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Martha112 on Sep 24, 15 5:11 PM
ALFHUG wrote:I have found the secret on getting credit for PD collectables. Go to AES Museum and click on Warrhouse and you will get a quest. Click on quest and then you will get the credits for completing PD collectables

Tried this, but it didn't work for me

Go to: