[Post New]by missy12 on Sep 4, 09 6:25 AM
might look at the walkthrough to see what it is about thanks margie

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 4, 09 6:41 AM
im just after finishing the game and wow its brilliant, i did need margies walkthrough ( thank you) but only for a couple of things near the end, congratulations big fish on a wonderful game

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 4, 09 6:42 AM
You're welcome Sweli and Missy12 and geri_mac, enjoy the game!

Margie B

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 6:43:06 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 4, 09 7:20 AM
Really enjoyed this game, so worth waiting for. I'm pretty useless at adventure games, but managed this one without the walkthrough. So hope there will be a sequel!
I'd give it 12 out of 10 any day!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 4, 09 7:26 AM
Wow! I was worried that it may be too difficult for me. I have a difficult time with Large Game Files. But, no so! What beautiful scenes. Voices are great. I believe I will be able to play this without going to the walkthrough so often that it takes the fun out of the game. I would rate it as medium. So I will begin again and relish every second. Take my time. This will be like a very good book. You never want it to end.
Thank you Big Fish. I give this game and many more

BruceH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BruceH on Sep 4, 09 7:34 AM
I have one very major complaint, but it isn't about the game; once I finished the demo, it immeadiately logged me in, added the game to my shopping cart, and sent me to checkout.

I may very well buy the game, but let ME make that decision, Big Fish!

Aside from that, an interesting concept, a bit too heavy on atmosphere. It reminds me on Azada with paintings instead of books, albeit with much better graphics.

-BruceH

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Sep 4, 09 7:43 AM
I think this game is absolutely brilliant ! Not too easy and not too hard. Beautiful graphics. Great sound. A real step forward in "casual" gaming. Thanks Big Fish Studios - all your efforts were very worthwhile

[Post New]by Jorunn on Sep 4, 09 7:48 AM
I have enjoyed my time with this game quite a bit! Will most likely buy it when my next game credit rolls around. I have only one complaint- my "hour" of trial game only lasted 1/2 hour. I completed a puzzle and the game went to a cut-scene that looked like a trailer. It then dropped to desktop and brought up my browser to the "buy it" screen. Thinking that it might have been a glitch, I reloaded the game, clicked on the next puzzle and the sequence repeated. Now, I don't really mind a limited trial- I just wish it had been stated at the outset that this is not the standard full hour! I will admit it should have been obvious looking at the different download sizes but... Anyway- beautiful art, engaging story (so far) and enjoyable puzzles!

freshbrat_
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by freshbrat_ on Sep 4, 09 8:50 AM
OK...this will be a FIRST for me! I am going to buy this game sight unseen based on the reviews written here as they have never steered me wrong before !

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Sep 4, 09 8:55 AM
Great game, really enjoying it, and the graphics are first class, but must stop for a break, forgot to get some lunch!!! thats how much fun it is.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Sep 4, 09 9:18 AM
Jorunn,

When the games that have a smaller download for a trial are put up, they are set to go to a certain level and then stop. How long it takes a person to get through varies. This has been the 3rd game like this that I have seen.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Sep 4, 09 9:59 AM
BruceH wrote:I have one very major complaint, but it isn't about the game; once I finished the demo, it immeadiately logged me in, added the game to my shopping cart, and sent me to checkout.

I agree Bruce. Don't go telling me I have to buy the game. For first timers it could be intimidating. Had this been my first time to try a game, I'd immediately take this site out of my Bookmarks and said, "No thanks!"

One other (minor?) thing is that it takes so long to shut down, showing all the different scenes. Not that I couldn't walk away from the computer and do something else while that happens! Does that continue to happen every time you close the game?

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 10:59:51 AM PST

rhudson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rhudson on Sep 4, 09 10:04 AM
I hit escape and it ended the cut scene

Prttyysadms
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Prttyysadms on Sep 4, 09 10:10 AM
Amazing.....This is truely another gem by Big Fish .... I just finished and I found the game remarkably brilliant. Thank you MargieB for the wonderful walkthrough.... which I needed once and could have kicked myself afterwards for not seeing it. I am so looking forward till the next one comes out.

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Sep 4, 09 10:10 AM
Waiting for the purchased version to download now. I absolutely LOVE it!

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Sep 4, 09 10:15 AM
Just finished the demo...All I can say is WOW
I love it and bought it.... I just want to know who is going to do my housework with all these wonderful games you are offering and of course I'm buying...

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 10:18 AM
Chi3165 wrote:
Edited to add: I entered a post earlier this morning, first one in the Technical Issues thread and it has disappeared. BF, if you are going to remove a post, then at least let the person know why. I was not rude in that post, simply asking a question.

Hi Chi, Just FYI. Your 1st post wasn't deleted. You posted in the thread called --
Welcome to Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ forum

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Sep 4, 09 10:19 AM
I must be getting jaded as I thought it was a "good" game with terrific graphics, but I could stop and go do other things and come back to it whereas with RTR I think I sat at my computer the whole darn day and had to be pulled away.

Still really enjoyed Drawn and I guess I am just in a kind of funk today.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 09 10:20 AM
Please note:

Play a sample version FREE for one hour (81.59 MB )

This is not the standard trial wording. You get two chapters in your download or an hour, whichever is the shorter. {up to one hour may be a better wording for these special demos}

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 10:23:21 AM PST

Go to: