Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Drawn: The Painted Tower technical issues

[Post New]by Ivonova on Sep 4, 09 10:57 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Most technical problems with our games are resolved through our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/166/>Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/438/>Game Compatibility</a>

While we will do our best to help in the forums, the best way to get technical issues resolved is through our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

I love BFG...I have a special budget for their games. I check the new game before I check my e-mail. The heartburn I have with BFG is the inability of their techs to READ. After spending frustrating time perusing the FAQs on the help pages...I'll give up and go through the steps and then write the help folks. In the e-mail I tell them...OS, version, yes, I've emptied the cache, yes, I've checked directx/java/and any other add on that needs to be checked, rebooted, uninstalled, rebooted, re-downloaded, rebooted, given up and help, please. What I get back is "what OS, what version of whatever, empty cache, reboot, uninstall, reboot reinstall and you should be just fine and dandy" HELLO? All they do is send out a form letter without ever READING the e-mail they received. I even had a tech admit it after the 4th or 5th (I don't remember which) response from me to their idiotic questions in which I demanded a supervisor. They just send out stock responses and carry on with their coffee breaks. I really think that BFG should hire techs that at least normal IQs and some ability to reason in a logical fashion. They don't have to be squints (yes, yes, I watch Bones), they just have to be able to READ. Am I venting? Youbetcha. I get tired of the S squared D squared.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower technical issues

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 4, 09 11:06 AM
well, sorry to hear what happened to you ivonva, but EVERY time i have contacted customer support they have been so nice, giving me their name etc, and giving all the help they can, i could not ask for better x x x

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Sep 4, 09 2:05 PM
DEBSPIGZ wrote: Why is it that you constantly assume that the fault of the problems with a game come from the player or the players system? Some of your games just don't work right and should be checked out.

I have always had excellent help when experiencing a problem and grant you, the problems have been few. The customer service is GREAT!

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Sep 4, 09 2:12 PM
I had some issues with the game it was very slow to load screens waiting for the farm scene to open took about 6 minutes so I did what I had been advised to do by the BF tech guys for another game I had problems with. I altered the screen resolution and and took it down to 1024 x 768 and it worked! Anyway I have finished the trial and am now going to buy it, it has everything I want in a game beautiful graphics, medium mini games and a good story line. One of the forumers said it reminded them of RTR which has gotta be the best game of all time, anyway I will buy this and report back soon

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 4, 09 2:37 PM
I just had the same thing happen and wondered what was going on. But since I had some game credits and really liked the game, I bought it when the screen came up to buy.

It's a good game, not too hard and graphics are delightful. So far, every is working as it should. I'm downloading the full version now.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Sep 4, 09 2:39 PM
DEBSPIGZ wrote: Why is it that you constantly assume that the fault of the problems with a game come from the player or the players system? Some of your games just don't work right and should be checked out.

Totally agree,I got as far as the foyer trying to load and that was it.......after the cursor floated all over the joint....had to turn off computer at the main switch and restart it. I gone to the next best thing.....DELETED IT! Too many problems with these games lately.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Sep 4, 09 2:47 PM
I have never had a problem with Tech Support from BFG. I have had some problems with games and have contacted them. They were always "johnny on the spot". They not only told me what to do, but how to do it. They stayed with me until the problem was fixed. They have even sent me an e-mail later to ask if I was still in a good play mode. Can't ask for better.

Drawn is freezing up on me but I know this will be taken care of. I trust them. And if it isn't something with my computer, which they have to walk me through, then we know it's the game and go from there.

I think they are great!

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Sep 4, 09 3:14 PM
First let me say that I have downloaded the demo, but haven't played it yet so I don't know if I'll have any problems. My computer is less than 6 months old with 600 gigs of hardrive and 4000 mb's of ram. I have had problems in the past with bigger files from BFG's and have contacted customer support. They were very helpful in trying to figure out what "was wrong with MY computer". But when I sent them the Mr. Fixit or whatever it's called...they couldn't find anything wrong...duh! I already knew that! They did give me a credit but they still haven't figured out what was wrong with The Cameron Files. I keep looking at the forum to see if they have fixed it, but I think once they determine that there is nothing wrong with our computers, they give us the credit and go eat another donut. I wasn't the only one having problems either so they are probably gonna have to do some exercising after eating all those donuts.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 4, 09 4:09 PM
pupulegirl wrote:First let me say that I have downloaded the demo, but haven't played it yet so I don't know if I'll have any problems. My computer is less than 6 months old with 600 gigs of hardrive and 4000 mb's of ram. I have had problems in the past with bigger files from BFG's and have contacted customer support. They were very helpful in trying to figure out what "was wrong with MY computer". But when I sent them the Mr. Fixit or whatever it's called...they couldn't find anything wrong...duh! I already knew that! They did give me a credit but they still haven't figured out what was wrong with The Cameron Files. I keep looking at the forum to see if they have fixed it, but I think once they determine that there is nothing wrong with our computers, they give us the credit and go eat another donut. I wasn't the only one having problems either so they are probably gonna have to do some exercising after eating all those donuts.

It's more likely that this info about the incompatibility (for whatever reason) is passed on to the game developers if it is not a game developed by BFG such as Cameron Files. They are the ones that have to fix the issues with those games. BFG is not always in control of the timing on those either, unfortunately. With Drawn, you're in luck because BF is the developer.

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Sep 4, 09 4:18 PM

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 5:12 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that some people have not received the kind level of support that we should be giving here at Big Fish Games. Even though I work here, I can honestly tell you that I am always impressed by the level of effort that goes in to trying to give people a positive experience every time they contact the support team.

I can tell you that we will look into each of your experiences and make certain that we learn from them. I do encourage you to write in again if you didn't get your questions answered. I'm sure that you will get a better experience this time.

reeney132
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by reeney132 on Sep 4, 09 5:36 PM
I'm in fire and ice just made it past the foe and friend entered the gate.My game froze and i lost all the articles that I had gathered and the hint no longer works. The panal where you keep everything you collect is all gray and the hint face is all gray. I'm going to scream if I have to reload this game and start all over.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 5:39 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Most technical problems with our games are resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

The best way to get technical issues resolved is through our Help pages.

ImLeza
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by ImLeza on Sep 4, 09 5:48 PM
I was sooo excited about this game and when I downloaded it, I got an access error. I've never had one with any Big Fish game so I was really surprised. I've tried everything to get it to run including completely uninstalling my security software ( I thought the antivirus or firewall might be the cause). Nope, nada, nothing I do makes a difference. I'm so disappointed. Maybe the tech team can help when they come back next week ( it's a holiday weekend in the States so I'll have to wait twice as long. )

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 5:52 PM
Hi ImLeza,

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting an access violation in the game. It sounds like you might have already read our help page article on what to do when you get that error message. If you haven't, here's a link:

Access Violation

Just so you know, you wont need to wait twice as long for a response this weekend. We will still have people here to answer emails this weekend. So, you should expect the same great service you always get!

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 5:53:39 PM PST

tia_mia
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,009 Posts

[Post New]by tia_mia on Sep 4, 09 5:57 PM
No offense bfgErie , but I think that is the kind of general response that is ticking people off. A post IDENTICAL to yours was already put up in several places. Placing the generic form response in a forum thread where people are complaining about generic form responses is well, annoying.

I know the answers can be found in the help section. I had a few issues with the game that I was able to take care of by following the directions listed there. I had to try several of the options before I found my problem(on out dated video driver on a 6 mn. old computer) . I think some people are intimidated by all the options in the help section ,and also many people are just plain scared to mess around with drivers and such.
I don't have any problem with BFG CS I have had very few problems and they have always been handled in a prompt polite way.
That said , maybe you could switch up the wording or point to an actual item on the help page.

tia_mia
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,009 Posts

[Post New]by tia_mia on Sep 4, 09 5:59 PM
LOL in the time it took me to type my last rant , you posted again . And in exactly the way I was trying to suggest. TY

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Sep 4, 09 6:29 PM
Okay . . . I can't get past the front door and into the foyer -- having been part of the big fish family for as long as I have I know that the type of blue screen error message I am getting usually means that I need to update my video card driver --

that being said ...

I can't remember how to do the dumb thing!!!!!

Jule

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 6:30:29 PM PST

tia_mia
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,009 Posts

[Post New]by tia_mia on Sep 4, 09 6:35 PM
I know we are not supposed to post links, but I'm hoping that since this one is " in House" it will be ok.
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/195/session/L3NpZC9LS2tnKjdIag==
It's everything you need

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 4, 09 7:01 PM
In all fairness to the mods, they really can't do much more in the forums than post the standard answers...they can't see everyone's systems and they can't diagnose your problems. so the only thing they can do is provide a standard reply. I know it's frustrating, but the only people who can give you a more thorough answer is the CS folks.

Go to: