Re:Chapter Eight – Top of the Tower

[Post New]by themx2 on Sep 7, 09 6:56 PM
Just finished the game. what a great game with some really good graphics. had a great time. I also feel that the ending opens up to a sequel.

pjries
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pjries on Sep 7, 09 10:16 PM
Wow. Loved the game, right up til the ending. It left me cold, and extremely disappointed.

I don't agree with game makers/producers/publishers, even outstanding ones like BFG, who seem to think that cliff hanger endings are a good thing and a way to keep people coming back. I much prefer a good game with a definite ending. And if there's another game in a series, I'll buy and play that one, too. HerInteractive does a great job with the Nancy Drew franchise without resorting to non-endings like this one.

There are many things to like about Drawn and BFG deserves a lot of credit for those things. IMO, it's unfortunate that the ending is not one of them.

itsjustgood
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by itsjustgood on Sep 7, 09 10:24 PM
I loved everything about the game, and I mean EVERYTHING bravo.....
As for the ending. I also loved it because it made me feel like there would be a follow up game....Looking For The Book Of Isis perhaps

yelda
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by yelda on Sep 8, 09 10:30 AM
What chapter eight ? I could not get further than the chalk stairs, just loading rooftop and nothing but a blank screen.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 8, 09 10:37 AM
That's a shame, yelda. You'll need BFG technical help with that. Click on the green envelope. If the FAQs don't help, there is a Contact Us link.

Edited on 09/08/2009 at 10:38:22 AM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 8, 09 2:26 PM
You can look into the basement after you sit through the credits. I loved the credits by the way, nice sketches and pleasant music. I believe I saw some sketches that were different from the ones in the current game. A little preview maybe.

Ooh! I am now a jellyfish. I like it better.

Edited on 09/08/2009 at 2:28:07 PM PST

[Post New]by holtchas on Sep 10, 09 7:40 AM
This was an excellent game, I think the next one should be harder, and not allow you to skip puzzles as this is toooo tempting an offer!!!
Not as long as some of the other large file game either, but well worth playing and appealing to us girlies somewhat I think, which is great as not enough emphasis is put on girls playing and liking games.
BFG doesnt kill in games which is great.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 10, 09 10:17 AM
holtchas, I'm with you on not liking games where the object is to see how many kills you can rack up!!

[Post New]by amarettocream on Sep 11, 09 12:42 PM
This is my solution to the end: she draw a door so that she could escape into the book. There she lives now among her dearest paintings(which is putted into the book, before we reach the top of the tower). The End!

Ju_bb
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Ju_bb on Sep 12, 09 10:24 AM
Can I go into the basement on this game?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 12, 09 10:25 AM
No. That's for the sequel in about a year's time.

[Post New]by casamb on Sep 14, 09 3:56 PM
terriejane12 wrote:Great game -- sucky ending. If there's more to this I'd sure like to know how to watch it.

[Post New]by cessnapilotjack on Sep 16, 09 3:03 PM
Cannot give the the hour glass to the merchant

In the clock tower I forgot to give the magic merchant the hour glass. now he is no longer in the room maybe in the tent, but I still have the hour glass and cannot proceed. Is my only option to start the game all over again.

Has anyone figured how to avoid restarting over again to get around this problem.

Thanks

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 16, 09 4:46 PM
cessnapilotjack wrote:Cannot give the the hour glass to the merchant

In the clock tower I forgot to give the magic merchant the hour glass. now he is no longer in the room maybe in the tent, but I still have the hour glass and cannot proceed. Is my only option to start the game all over again.

Has anyone figured how to avoid restarting over again to get around this problem.

Thanks

This merchant only comes out in the daytime.

That should help.

[Post New]by lynnyf49 on Sep 19, 09 7:35 AM
Is there a sequel, because I don't know if I saved Iris. She just disappeared and the giant people yell NO, what happened ? Is this truely the end of the game, Am I suppose to be able to get into another room? I was a little disappointed in the ending. The game went very smoothly for me, no glitches, but the ending was just such a surprise!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 20, 09 12:50 PM
lynnyf49 wrote:Is there a sequel, because I don't know if I saved Iris. She just disappeared and the giant people yell NO, what happened ? Is this truely the end of the game, Am I suppose to be able to get into another room? I was a little disappointed in the ending. The game went very smoothly for me, no glitches, but the ending was just such a surprise!
Lynny, Iris was trapped on the roof. You were able to capture the book and give it to her. At the end, she was able to draw a door and escape the evildoers through the door. If you watched the credits, you saw the bell that fell lying in the basement. This may be where the sequel will begin. Picman (the founder of BFG) has stated that Drawn is the first in a new series ... so we should see a sequel in about a year. Happy Gaming.

stnu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by stnu on Sep 20, 09 3:36 PM
I agree with everyone who says the ending was not a very good one. I think it is confusing. She went into the book and then what? :-? I thought she would come back to save the city or something.

[Post New]by Didee26 on Sep 24, 09 6:15 AM
Just finished, surprised that I didnt have to jog down all the stairs in order to save the day, but the game took over for that. Note she didnt have a lot to say to poor old Franklin on the way past, he just gave her a stony stare! This thing is wide open for a sequel - "find the book", so like quite a few other games we'll have to wait for the next one.

[Post New]by mattie13 on Sep 24, 09 10:57 AM
MrsBen wrote:I really hate to see anyone trash talk BFG. I have been buying games from them since the beginning of BFG and I have never seen a more conscientous group of people. At the very beginning, I even compared notes on games with the original CEO. I am 68 years old, I have dealt with a lot of companies and you won't find a group of people, anywhere, who are any more supportive. Their games are outstanding, especially the ones they've developed themselves. It has been fun to see them grow to serve the entire world! I told them at the beginning, they are totally responsible for world wide carpal tunnel syndrome!! Keep up the good work, BFG. You have a lot of loyal fans cheering you on.

I love BFG too but if there is something wrong or we feel like it needed a little more we are suppose to let them know. They need both postive and negative feedback to continue making the great games that they do.

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Sep 25, 09 2:54 PM
I think it was satisfying because she used her magic to escape from the bad guys. I didnt catch that the first time i saw the cut scene, but i saw it again and realized what had happened. At first I was disappointed as well and thought I had done something wrong or maybe not finished the game fast enough, then i realized it was that way on purpose. (lol)

I don't think anyone is putting down BFG ... people have a right to their opinions. Some people didn't like the ending, no big deal. Do they deserve to have their money back, sorry but no. lol. Any reasonable person can plainly see the amount of work BFG put into the game, I mean the reality is that this game is probably unlike ANY game that exists on BFG right now in terms of graphics, creativity, and just downright fun. I loved the voiceovers, the story line ... They really have set the bar for these type of games at an entirely different level. I loved that the puzzles were tricky but not impossible. Some were definitely harder than others.

This game is GREAT. BFG really outdid themselves and I am SO looking forward to the sequel and future BFG games!!

On that note, does anyone know other BFG-developed games available for download?

Go to: