Re:Chapter Six – Fire and Ice

[Post New]by pretty_megan on Sep 9, 09 8:50 AM
IrishRush wrote:I'm looking at the painting to the right of the ice sculpture (with the Friend and Foe heads to either side) and when I exit the painting the game hangs. Every time. I've closed the game and gone back in and always open at the painting with the torn / missing piece of canvas. And it always gets hung when I try to exit the painting. Is there a patch for this problem or am I going to have to start the game over and hope it doesn't hang up there again? Help, please!

I have this exact problem, I tried updating my directX but it says I have the most current version...HELP!!! Would really love to finish the game! I've tried closing and re-opening, I started over and it still hangs in the same spot...I hear the dragon breathing fire and the game freezes.

Megan

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 9, 09 11:36 AM
Pretty_megan, welcome to the Fish Pond. You can try a couple of things to see if they'll work.
1. Close out of everything. Go to your browser and clear the cache and temp files. Empty the Recycle bin. Shut down your computer. Wait 10 minutes or so. Start computer and go to game and see if that solved the issue.

2. If you still have the issue, close game. Use Game Manager to uninstall game. Clear cache and temp files from browser. Empty the recycle bin. Shut down computer. Wait about 10 minutes. Start computer and redownload the game. Go into the game to see if the issue has resolved.

3. If not, you can start playing from the beginning using a new player name. OR,

4. Run and save your DxDiag file and attach it to an email to Customer Support.

One other thought ... if you know the kind of video driver you have on your PC, you might want to check to see if there's an update for it.

Good Luck

Edited on 09/09/2009 at 11:37:48 AM PST

[Post New]by pretty_megan on Sep 9, 09 11:58 AM
Checked my video driver, its good. Downloaded updates for microsoft XP. uninstalled and re-installed game...now I just have to get alll the way back there.<sigh> this is gonna take a while <crosses fingers>

Megan

[Post New]by pretty_megan on Sep 9, 09 1:09 PM
Well, I don't know which one did it, but it works now. I also finished the game! Yay! So when's the next one coming out?
Megan

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 9, 09 8:12 PM
pretty_megan, good for you!! The sequel for a game of this complexity takes about a year.

[Post New]by ilarner on Sep 11, 09 2:24 PM
,I,m stuck on the dragons chest... how do i move the gold rods in the chest.. or what do i need? if so where do i find it? stuck!!!! stuck!! count on the rods ???????????? help

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 11, 09 3:28 PM
ilarner, welcome to the Fish Pond. The rods are layered one on top of the other. Find the top most rod. Place cursor on point of top rod. Click and drag rod to other side until it locks into place. Then find the next top most rod and do the same ... and then 2 more times. Good Luck

[Post New]by craftykath on Sep 11, 09 5:38 PM
please can anyone help me .what to do with the gold shield, and how to get the key from the dragon thank you

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 11, 09 6:20 PM
craftykath, the shield is used as the 3rd gong ... you need to play a song to sooth the dragon to get the key. Good Luck

amv713
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by amv713 on Sep 11, 09 7:30 PM
I have all three gongs, but I can't get them to play. How do I do it?

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 11, 09 7:47 PM
amv713 wrote:I have all three gongs, but I can't get them to play. How do I do it?

This one took me awhile to figure out. On one of the gong stands, there is a mallet you can use.

HTH!

amv713
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by amv713 on Sep 11, 09 11:20 PM
Gentlsong wrote:
amv713 wrote:I have all three gongs, but I can't get them to play. How do I do it?

This one took me awhile to figure out. On one of the gong stands, there is a mallet you can use.

HTH!

Thanks so much, I never would've spotted it!

[Post New]by Leighb1 on Sep 12, 09 12:49 PM
Hi, I try to play the games without the walk through. But for some reason I decided to solve both the friend and the foe dragon!!! How do I get the red dragons eyes to go back to what they were?
Am stuck - please help.

Leigh

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 12, 09 2:36 PM
Leigh, welcome to the Fish Pond. Click on the Foe lionhead. When the face is in the circle, click on the nose. That should reset it so the eyes are no longer red.
...Good Luck

[Post New]by Redcwolf on Sep 12, 09 5:02 PM
Once I got past here I finished fairly quickly. I really enjoyed this one - can't wait now for the next one!

jodama
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

[Post New]by jodama on Sep 12, 09 5:04 PM
I have the 5 ice pieces for the sculpture but i can't seem to put them together. is there some sort of special way?

[Post New]by ilarner on Sep 12, 09 5:34 PM
cesse47 wrote:ilarner, welcome to the Fish Pond. The rods are layered one on top of the other. Find the top most rod. Place cursor on point of top rod. Click and drag rod to other side until it locks into place. Then find the next top most rod and do the same ... and then 2 more times. Good Luck

thankyou!!!! . it was so frustrating ... it was so simple..
i must have "der" for brains .....thanks again.

[Post New]by Icewagon12 on Sep 12, 09 6:07 PM
Thank you NWL43,

The torch is back in the cave with the three animal symbols. Thought That I lost it. Whew, thanks to you I found it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 12, 09 7:06 PM
jodama wrote:I have the 5 ice pieces for the sculpture but i can't seem to put them together. is there some sort of special way?
you have to add them from "the bottom up". i.e., you can't put a head on when the body is not there. I think there are two pieces of the body. put those on first, then the two wings, then the head.
Good Luck

[Post New]by Leighb1 on Sep 13, 09 1:21 AM
cesse47 wrote:Leigh, welcome to the Fish Pond. Click on the Foe lionhead. When the face is in the circle, click on the nose. That should reset it so the eyes are no longer red.
...Good Luck

Thanks cesse, I will try that.

Go to: