mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Chapter Two - The Window

[Post New]by mimiismags on Sep 5, 09 4:20 PM
Thanks basket
My computer is only a few months old so everything is top of the line as well as all my Microsoft updates are current. I am sure this is a glitch in the game. BF has helped me out before and given me a coupon when I have asked for it but I really wanted to play this game as well. All the reviews are positive. If I can't I will wait for another one that seems to be as good.

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 5, 09 7:39 PM
Mimi,
You are welcome and I will update you if anything further happens.
My son came over tonight to have a look. He really believes it is some sort of coding problem within the game and that BF will figure out some type of fix. Hopefully he is right and we will get to play soon!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Sep 5, 09 8:54 PM
mintjulelip wrote:

I have the same issue. It took me exactly 26 minutes to get to this point. I didn't use any hints or need to look at a walk-through. What worries me is it said the demo DL was almost 82MB and it took me only 26 minutes to get to this point where the game trailer plays & the "demo" is finished. The complete DL is only 174MB. If the rest of the game goes as quickly, that means I will finish the entire game is just over an hour if the difficulty level stays basically the same.

Not sure it's worth a game credit for a little over an hour of playing time regardless of how great the game is. I love the graphics, music, and puzzle-type lay-out of the game but an hour long playing time seems really short.

Has anyone out there actually purchased & finished the game? What was your time to complete?

Purchased and finished the game. As far as comparing the 81Mb demo's 2 chapters to the 174Mb full game, you have to remember that a lot of the demo's 81Mb will be the actual game program - so since the data of the first 2 chapters takes up only part of the demo's size, the full install has plenty of room for a lot more chapters.

You definitely aren't going to be finishing the game in another 26 mins, or even close

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 9:05 PM
Basketcase327 wrote:Mimi,
You are welcome and I will update you if anything further happens.
My son came over tonight to have a look. He really believes it is some sort of coding problem within the game and that BF will figure out some type of fix. Hopefully he is right and we will get to play soon!
Basketcase, can't believe it's a coding problem ... or a lot more people would be having the problem wouldn't they?

Chapter Two - The Window

[Post New]by bolt666 on Sep 5, 09 9:45 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Not enough glass? There might be a guide!
Match the pattern with the card on the other side.
I can't finish the level at the theater IS ther any boy hepl me

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 10:11 PM
bolt, where are you stuck and what do you have in inventory? I'll try to help.

Or, you can check out the walkthrough....There is a link to it in one of the stickied threads at the top of the game forum.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 5, 09 11:16 PM
Here is a link to the walkthrough Cesse47 mentioned in her post:

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Walkthrough

Big Fish Games has a Deluxe Strategy Guide that will also help you on your journey and is also packed with extra goodies:

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Deluxe Strategy Guide

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 09/05/2009 at 11:17:04 PM PST

[Post New]by beccasbagpuss on Sep 6, 09 4:31 AM
This is the first time I've posted as until this game, I've not had any problems with BF Games. I have to say though I am having exactly the same problem as Basketcase and Mimi. I do hope they find a solution as I also really want to play the game and it's really frustrating that I can't get back out of the staircase. Though my computer is rather older than everyone elses, I keep it fully upgraded with drivers and flash players etc... so this issue again is not down to my computer.

Fingers crossed they find a solution.

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Sep 6, 09 5:44 AM
okay...has anyone heard anymore on this missing cursor at the tower doorway?
I'm stuck there now with no cursor and can't move on in the game.
I've rechecked and all my systems and drivers are up to date, so i would think this is an error in the game somewhere.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 6, 09 9:03 AM
The first time I played the full version of the game it wouldn't let me go up the stairs after the sun door opened. I closed the game and started over with a new player name. Worked that time. I have also played the game a second time with no problem there.

kbuginnc
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Missing arrow

[Post New]by kbuginnc on Sep 6, 09 10:35 AM
Alas, I too have not been able to continue with game due to the catwalk/missing arrow issue. Ugh! Waiting for a fix - in the mean time think I will create new player and start over! Yay for thinking positive!

[Post New]by carol12364 on Sep 6, 09 2:54 PM
I'm also stuck without a down arrow cursor after the catwalk fell. I really like the game so far and hope there's a fix. My computer is an older one but updated.

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Sep 6, 09 3:38 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that I tried starting the game again under a different name and it worked!!! The arrow to go up the stairs is the pointy one (not a big flat one) like the one that leads you out of the foyer to the stairs and it wasn't at the top of the screen as the walkthrough blog said it was right in the middle of the staircase. So I hopefully will move forward in the game. Thanks for all the help and maybe someone else might find this works for them too.

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Sep 6, 09 4:50 PM
I just bought this game myself today. I demo'd the game and love it. When I got to "The Window" and the rope broke I've had the same problem you have all described. What I have noticed is that the game seems to continue "acting correctly"; that is it doesn't "crash". The music continues, I have a cursor that functions and in fact when I click on a window it tells me "a storm rages outside". So in my humble opinion it doesn't seem to be crashed. It just won't give me a the large exit scene arrow so I can go back and sew the portrait. In my feable brain it's almost like the reality of a rope bridge breaking and we're stuck in the window with no where to go, ya know??? There's not even some sort of exit to go to a previous scene.

I did use the Help stuff as suggested by bfgErie and diagnostically tested my computer sound, graphics etc. and the report states there is no problems. So like the rest of you I'm stuck "in the window" with no place to go. I AM glad to know there are some people working on this, but if they find a solution how do we get it??? I've NEVER had a problem with ANY of the games I've purchased with BFG before, so I'm unaware of the "solution process".

I thought I read that someone earlier was complaining he finished the game in an hour and didn't think it was worth the credits for a game that went so fast. How did he get out of the window??????? It sounded like he had Purchased the whole game (if it wasn't worth the credits), how did he do it?????
I'm so glad you're all here or I'D be a "basketcase" myself wondering what I'd done. Thanks for being there.

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 6, 09 11:23 PM
I still don't have any news, but will let you all know what I hear Tuesday. I haven't tried going back in under a different name, might do that tomorrow. If it works, I will be sure to let you know. (I have my doubts though)

pyiap
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Missing arrow

[Post New]by pyiap on Sep 6, 09 11:26 PM
kbuginnc wrote:Alas, I too have not been able to continue with game due to the catwalk/missing arrow issue. Ugh! Waiting for a fix - in the mean time think I will create new player and start over! Yay for thinking positive!

In the catwalk scene the back arrow location is a bit funky. It's not at the bottom of the screen but in the mid to lower left hand corner of the screen. You'll see a rope hanging down, it's the same rope you climbed up to get into the scene.

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 6, 09 11:29 PM
Basketcase, can't believe it's a coding problem ... or a lot more people would be having the problem wouldn't they?

Cesse, my dear friend , you know I'm computer challenged and can only go by what I'm told. Honestly though, who knows how many people are having the same problem and just not posting here. I didn't check in here until late tonight and a couple more have shown up with the same issue. Hopefully we can work something out on Tuesday. You know me, I just wanna play!!

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 7, 09 12:46 PM
Ok, I was finally able to go in under a different name and am pleased to report that it worked. The minute the bell caused the catwalk to fall it immediately went to a different scene. Then I was able to use my arrow to go back down and repair the painting. I am in that painting now messing with that yucky spider (ooooh I hate spiders) and will let you know if I encounter any other issues.

I am recommending that everyone who has had the same issue I did with the cursor, at least try to go in under a different name. I am sure that support will be contacting me tomorrow and I want to be able to share what is happening.

hope you all get to play!

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Sep 7, 09 1:15 PM
Thanks to all of you who posted about being stuck with the broken catwalk and no arrow to get back to the painting . I worked and clicked to no avail for 15 min. I will take Basketcase's advice and try with a new name. Am anxious to get on with the game (I just finished Enlightenus - which was WONDERFUL -and needed a new challenge). p.s. I also HATE spiders. If nothing works out I shall check back on Tuesday for any new solutions. Bye!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 7, 09 1:50 PM
Yea Basketcase!! You go girl!!

Go to: