Re:Chapter One - The Foyer

[Post New]by wildfrank on Sep 5, 09 1:35 PM
Playing the sample game, Scarecrow still sparkly, talking about Iris and the farms fresh produce, but can't go upstairs, still tslking about stone clouds and rain. Can anyone help?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 1:52 PM
Hi Wildfrank, welcome to the Fish Pond. Have you given the scarecrow his glove, shoe, and belt? The scarecrow will sparkle until the end of the game because you'll need to return to that picture. Did you put the medallion in the cloud door?

[Post New]by strebs22 on Sep 5, 09 4:23 PM
I am new to this game and am trying to find the sketch to get the glove. The clues aren't really helping that much. I have a key, thistle, 1/2 sunflower and a leaf but none of those items are getting me anywhere. How do I find that sketch!!

[Post New]by madtoula on Sep 5, 09 4:50 PM
I've got the chest open, but the cabinet won't slide. i've checked the walkthrough, but there is nothing to indicate there is something special needed to open it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 6:29 PM
strebs22 wrote:I am new to this game and am trying to find the sketch to get the glove. The clues aren't really helping that much. I have a key, thistle, 1/2 sunflower and a leaf but none of those items are getting me anywhere. How do I find that sketch!!

Strebs, Welcome to the Fish Pond. The rabbit sketch is in the trunk on the left side of the foyer. You'll need to exit the picture to that location.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 6:32 PM
madtoula wrote:I've got the chest open, but the cabinet won't slide. i've checked the walkthrough, but there is nothing to indicate there is something special needed to open it.
Madtoula, welcome to the Fish Pond. After you solve the circle puzzle on top of the chest, it opens. There is an elongated handle on the top section. Click and hold on that handle and slide it to the right. Good Luck

[Post New]by lilic307 on Sep 5, 09 7:45 PM
I got the sun and cloud door to open, but I can't get up the stairs. I put my cursor at the top of the scene, and I get a mssg about "stone clouds raining" or something, and there are puddles of water on the floor, but I can't DO anything. Any hints?

Clairey46
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Clairey46 on Sep 5, 09 8:04 PM
Margie, The scarecrow has every thing it needs. After reading emma's post, maybe I should do the same?

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Sep 5, 09 10:13 PM
Hmmm Can't seem to get up the stairs... No cursor appears... I had some major mouse/arrow problems at the outside door, but not as much since being in the Foyer.. blast that arrow. Where is it? The walkthru says to go to the top of the screen and it should appear... it doesn't... darn it...

[Post New]by wildfrank on Sep 5, 09 10:18 PM
Scarecrow has all his bits, still can't get up the stairs, still got taht spiel about clods raining and puddles on the floor, very puzzling....

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Sep 6, 09 3:41 AM
wildfrank wrote:Scarecrow has all his bits, still can't get up the stairs, still got taht spiel about clods raining and puddles on the floor, very puzzling....

You need to get the sun from the chest to open the door. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Sep 6, 09 3:43 AM
I was still stuck at not being able to access the staircase, so I started all over as a different player and it worked fine.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 6, 09 9:10 AM
I also couldn't get up the stairs on my first play. I closed the game and came back with a different player name, redid the foyer and then it worked. The problem didn't appear on a second play through of the game.

[Post New]by wildfrank on Sep 6, 09 9:48 AM
Yep, got the sun from the chest, heated it up, the doors are open just can't get up the stairs, my hour has now rin out so I have given up, don't want to buy the damn thing if I'm gonna be stuck at the flippin' stairs forever.

[Post New]by 178abf9 on Sep 7, 09 8:03 PM
i was having the same trouble as a lot of you are with the sun and the rain door..this is what i did..i uninstalled it, cleared all the cache, ran cc cleaner,and shut down the computer..then i rebooted and started with a new player profile and it finally worked..i hope you don't give up on the game until you try this if you are having trouble and certainly ask bfg customer service for help if it doesn't work for you..they have never let me down when i have had a problem..

[Post New]by YoSam17 on Nov 27, 09 9:12 PM
When you are starting, it is very important that you go slowly or else you will miss something and get stuck. I did and I got soooo frustrated that I was ready to wipe it off my computer. I decided to start over, took it slow and made sure that I covered everything. I made sure to get hints to keep from fading and dying and I have made some serious progress. You don't have enought time with the demo to truely appreciate the game, so buy it. It is a great game with a lot of stuff to do to keep you going and interested.

[Post New]by kuoala on Jan 17, 10 9:36 PM
llstjohn wrote:I can't get anything out of the fireplace to warm the sun. I'm using the tongs.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 19, 10 5:18 AM
Kuoala,

Do you need help posting a question? I notice that all 4 of your posts consist of your quoting another post without adding a question or comment of your own. It's a little confusing.

[Post New]by camelland on Jan 21, 10 12:15 PM
i'm at the point where i need to create the picture using scraps from around the farm painting. only there's 1 scrap missing from the 'chest painting' - the one on the bottom left. without it i can not obtain the contents of the chest.

i've just spent 20 mins of a free demo trying to find this and have about given up. i wonder if bigfish would be nice enough to take this into account and let me play a little longer to see if i actually like the game? but i digress.

if anyone has info on where that bottom left scrap of painting is please let me know! thx!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 21, 10 12:35 PM
camelland wrote:i'm at the point where i need to create the picture using scraps from around the farm painting. only there's 1 scrap missing from the 'chest painting' - the one on the bottom left. without it i can not obtain the contents of the chest.

i've just spent 20 mins of a free demo trying to find this and have about given up. i wonder if bigfish would be nice enough to take this into account and let me play a little longer to see if i actually like the game? but i digress.

if anyone has info on where that bottom left scrap of painting is please let me know! thx!

Copy and paste the link to the walkthrough. There is a screen shot showing the location of the four scraps of paper.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough/

Edited on 01/21/2010 at 12:35:58 PM PST

Go to: