Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:How to become your own neighbor?

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 20, 16 12:23 AM
Mmhh.. I don't think so. I never connected my manors to FB, never even tried.

Gosh, you almost had me create a new manor just to see whether I would be able to connect it to the other ones ... NoooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOoooo!!!! I could resist after all!! Phewwww!!

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Feb 21, 16 1:40 AM
Maybe it was a fluke thing but finally managed to get two same-device manors neighboured. Just kept switching from one manor to the other until one appeared on the invite list. Neither manor linked to FB.

Reddlass2
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Reddlass2 on Feb 21, 16 5:22 AM
Congrats doofus09! It looks like you were doing it during the wee hours of the morning too. I don't understand it myself. When it happened the first day i was sooo excited, but sad I couldn't keep going and get them all. But on the second day doing it again, I was elated.
Congrats

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 21, 16 5:50 AM
This thing is drviving me crazy. Still trying to no avail!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 21, 16 7:40 AM
doofus09 wrote:Maybe it was a fluke thing but finally managed to get two same-device manors neighboured. Just kept switching from one manor to the other until one appeared on the invite list. Neither manor linked to FB.

How long did you try before you were able to link them? And did you do anything else in between like refreshing the list in one manor a few times, or did you go strictly back and forth between the two?

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Feb 21, 16 2:02 PM
hi eli i have managed to do this with manors on the same pc i think it has become easier to find yourself and maybe that is because less people are playing choosing early morning worked best for me in uk seems easier when its less busy

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Feb 21, 16 2:23 PM
Hi Eli, I tried several sessions but not more than a dozen tries each. Most of the time just going straight to invites then switching to the other manor. Occasionally collecting silver and juju, but did not refresh the list. I have to agree that there are less people playing which increases the chances.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 22, 16 4:49 PM
Thanks for your replies. I got nothing yet. Moreover, the same names are glued on my invite lists to the point they look like they are never refreshed unless the player exits their game.

As I said in an earlier post, my manors are grouped into 2 user names. Could that be the problem? How?

Also, could the machine speed have to do something with it? Suppose I get unconnected from the server more quickly than I can switch manors? I feel like a dog chasing its own tail!

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 23, 16 2:38 AM
I DID IT! I DID IT! Eli, there is hope. You and I have been trying to do this for years. I played between 1:30 am -2:30 am Pacific time. I just went back and forth several times and there they were!

Now I'm going to bed! Good thing I'm retired and don't have to get up in the morning!

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 8:25:26 AM PST

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 23, 16 5:35 AM
And another !! Looks like it's getting too easy!! Just joking eli, don't hit me!! Tonight is the night!!!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 23, 16 8:14 AM
I'm there with you eli...I've went back and forth til I was crazy. Haven't tried the middle of the night tho. Guess I'll just have to set the alarm clock and give it another whirl.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Feb 26, 16 3:26 AM
It works. I was able to link most of my manors this morning. Played between 4:30 and 5:30 EST. I know need to check and see which manor missed which manor. Have a good day all.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 26, 16 4:14 AM
YAAY!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 26, 16 4:28 AM
Ok, I tried the only time I hadn't tried before: 11:45pm PST! It worked like a charm for over an hour, when I had to leave. I linked most of my manors with a max of 3 attempts for each, but mostly immediately. Boy, did my manors look strange on the invite list after all this time. Like hearing your voice on a recorder and saying: nah! This can't be me!

An explanation may be that around midnight PST there must be something going on like changing servers. I noticed an instability at that time and the first few manors showed up on the invites as having played a month ago! I think that this instability opens a window of opportunity to link manors where only one of the two is playing.

Anyway I'm now very happy! At last- just as was going to give up after countless attempts, including numerous 3-4am sessions, which didn't work. So my advice would be:

-Try around midnight PST.
- If there are no shows after 5 tries (counting both ways) abort and return later or the next day. You'll save yourself some aggravation.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Feb 26, 16 7:55 AM
way to go eli i was beginning to loose hope for you cel e bration time is here

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 26, 16 12:17 PM
Yoohoohoo!!!!!

<hic!>

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 29, 16 5:22 AM
Thanks guys! I was going to shower myself with gifts but have not managed to send a single one yet!

Anyway, has anyone managed to link two manors that are on the same PC but under different user names? The difference is that you have to switch users and reload the game instead of just switching manors. So far I have not been successful. Not that I care particularly- I have linked all manors within the two groups, just not across- but I wonder if it's possible.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 29, 16 7:01 PM
Try playing one manor for a 1/2 hour or more to try to bring it to the top of the list during that midnight window, then switch to the other user name. Haven't a clue if this will work, but it sounds good!

Go to: