havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:EcoRescue: Project Rainforest comments and reviews

[Post New]by havasulady on Sep 5, 09 11:49 PM
You would think by now I would learn...check the forum FIRST!
Nothing in this game for someone seeking a good time. Music really got on my last nerve. Find the difference got old after the first episode Items much too easy to find for anyone that has ever played HOG's. Just not in cync with the type of games seasoned players are expecting these days. Might do well in the children's section.

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Sep 6, 09 8:34 AM
I didn't get beyond the first jigsaw because the bits wouldn't rotate regardless of what I clicked.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 6, 09 11:33 AM
I couldn't even get through the trial I was so bored... Nice idea and maybe okay for kids but:
-- graphics were very outdated (grainy and low-res)
-- story was not compelling
-- I shut off the music right away
-- same old, same old tired puzzles
-- hidden objects didn't make sense with the theme of the game... I was supposed to be cleaning up the environment by finding trash, etc., but in one scene I was supposed to find the Sun and a Wishbone???

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Sep 6, 09 6:56 PM
I believe BF just wanted to add a little something for the kids with this one. Maybe my granddaughter will like it. She is seven.

ehlanna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ehlanna on Sep 6, 09 7:20 PM
I won't be buying this game... twice during the trial my profile magically deleted and had to start playing all over again.. I agree with everyone who says it seems a little young for the average adult.

[Post New]by tottoy on Sep 6, 09 7:46 PM
I loved this game great for kids and adults. Buy it for your kids and grandkids they will learn alot about the environment
Surprising how it relates to everyone a little different.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Sep 7, 09 12:49 AM
I don't think it's even suitable for young children, Anyone under the age of 10 is not going to possess the coordination skills to complete the jigsaw puzzles with how difficult it was to get the pieces properly rotated. I uninstalled it not even 1/2 thru the demo because of how irritating that was. I also found the graphics grainy & the lists of "trash" somewhat nonsensical. It was a decent concept for a kid's game but I think even kids would be disgusted with it or worse, get frustrated & give up. There was no "skip" option on the puzzles, either, to get around the annoyance level of them. This game could've been fine with just a few minor adjustments but it's a loser as is.

lisslar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lisslar on Sep 7, 09 2:56 PM
My hot-to-trot graphics card refused to display this game. That's kind of amusing.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on May 22, 10 6:44 AM
I agree this game is very easy. The hidden object scenes are different in a good way. The pictures in the picture game for telling the differences are beautiful. I enjoyed the game where I fill in the picture with the puzzle pieces. Being a daily deal makes it worth the price. There are days I get home and just need to wind down. This game will help me to do this. Thank you BFG for offering this as a daily deal. I probably would not have bought it at full price. I will buy it a the deal price. Thanks again.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on May 22, 10 9:19 AM
This is on special today, so I thought I'd give it a try.

After 5 minutes or so of play, I agree it looks pretty easy, but I think there's an issue that no-one has commented on yet: you're asked to find <list of items>, but in fact there are quite a lot more that are not required, and so cannot be collected. To me, this means that it's OK to leave a roll of metal strip, or a game controller, lying around if it's not on your list.

I'd say everything should be collectable, with some sort of praise if you get everything the designers have put into the scene.

Agree also that for a game-with-a-message like this, it would be best if all the named items were realistic and might in fact be found in an eco-area.

Easiness isn't important if it's targeted at the youngsters, but consistency of approach is.

(Added after playing a bit more)
It seems you do get to clear the whole scene - but only in several passes - so I still hold by my original comments.

Also, as a Brit, I found some of the item names a bit hard to work out

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 1:15:01 PM PST

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on May 22, 10 12:28 PM
Clearly for kids and is informative, but I found some of the hidden objects blend into the scene too well for kids to find. A thumbs down for me.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Aug 23, 11 1:02 AM
I bought this game, played it for several hours and enjoyed it. Then I came to a jigsaw puzzle that was constructed in such a way hat I found it impossible to do unless I stayed at it for so long that my sanity would have been put in jeopardy. Unfortunately there was no skip button so all the time spent was wasted. I guess the lesson learned is, that no matter how easy any kind of mini game seems during the trial, if there is no skip button there is no purchase.

[Post New]by wendith on Feb 23, 13 8:31 PM
I'm an older person and I enjoyed this game.It is peaceful ,the information is interesting and the graphics attractive,Items aren't too hard to find but can be a bit of a chalenge especially the compare the photos.The young rangers voice is annoying to me but she isn't there for long.Nice relaxing game so far.Have only done the trial but have bought it now.
I haven't looked for the sound but have volume control on my speakers so no bother if I get tired of beating drums at some stage.

Go to: