ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Pirates Day Quest Disappear

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 23, 15 8:11 PM
Small glimmer of hope perhaps...

This has happened to some others as well, where their quest disappear. And in some cases they reappeared the next day..

Though not a true solution, there's a possibility they may come back.

My suggestion..

Shut down your games for the night. Wait until tomorrow (depending on your time zone) until the next day's quests are supposed to appear.. and see what happens.

I'm crossing my fingers for you all that it works. I know how much it stinks to come this far and work this hard to have it POOF-- gone..

In my opinion, it's worth a try.. it certainly can't hurt.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 23, 15 8:51 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote: I would suspect someone from BZ is reading all this.... do yourselves a favor get these people off any new projects. Their inabilities are amazing.

Some of them are already listed as "former".. but I guess it's a little too late.

kittykora
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kittykora on Sep 23, 15 9:25 PM
Quest present or not, You can find ALL the items in the WORLD scene in differente game modes.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 24, 15 6:07 AM
Yeah, Kitty, thats correct - but you won't get the gold reward for finishing the collections without having fulfilled the quest. And if the quests are gone (like mine) - you just can't.
I had sent a letter to BF Moderator and to customers support yesterday, but no answer up to now.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 24, 15 11:26 AM
I had an answer now. Waimeas idea was, that the quests could have been timed very short.... does anybody know more about that? I just can't remember if there was a timer.... any help truly appreciated

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 24, 15 12:18 PM
There was NO timer that I saw. Even if there was a timer, it would make NO SENSE for the quest to simply disappear. if the timer was for 24 hours lets say, you'd come in and out of the game and the timer would be there counting the time left. We have never seen quests disappear.

Personally I think it disappeared so as to prevent anyone of us holding back that quest to reap the items as we do in other quests, with the unfortunate glitch of it disappearing completely. Hence no prize of gold.

At this point whatever....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 24, 15 12:23 PM
I think there was a timer, at least on the building customizations quests. I remember checking it against the timer at the bottom of the page to see whether it expired at midnight (like the DQ) or gave us until 1 AM.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 24, 15 12:28 PM
Sue, I can't verify if there was a timer on customizing.. as mentioned in another thread, I had every building customized to pirates month before, so I just got the reward immediately. But a timer on the pearl quest? And less than 8 hours? I must have been blind if that has been..... I did not see.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Sep 24, 15 1:07 PM
2 months ago I put all my buildings as pirate. i still only got credit for part of them. I tried everything, nothing worked. Then I got cut short the next day, so I have 33 of 44 and have received no gold. I have an complete set of all 4 pirate collections for tomorrow. Will see if tomorrow works. If not looking forward to Halloween and if I can win anything there. Always a challenge. smile

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 2:19 PM
barbarasofie wrote:I had an answer now. Waimeas idea was, that the quests could have been timed very short.... does anybody know more about that? I just can't remember if there was a timer.... any help truly appreciated

Nah.. the quests are timed but the timer is for the whole set for the 24 hours. I don't think that was the reason..

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 2:22 PM
Since yesterday was a real bad connection day.. and if you look at the forum we had a lot of reports of odd happenings.. from missing building, quests, everything..

Something is going on with the server/programming side.

Did anyone who lost a quest yesterday either get their quests back today or receive the new ones today? Or are you all locked out of the event now?

archer1961
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by archer1961 on Sep 24, 15 2:42 PM
My quests also disappeared. I shut down the computer as I had to go out. When I came back 3 hours later and logged on - the quest was gone. Tried all last night, logged on today. Gone, just gone.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 24, 15 2:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that multiple players are experiencing this. As barbarasofie mentioned, the initial thought was that some of these quests were on a timer and have since expired. In addition, the Pirate's Day quests are set to run for a shorter period of time than other quests.

However, since some of you have not noticed timers for some of the affected quests, we've passed this along to the appropriate team. They're currently looking into this, but we'll definitely update this thread if we receive any news regarding this.

In the meantime, thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 2:52:31 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 24, 15 3:40 PM
It is not just because the timer has expired.

The event quests disappear if shut down your computer to go somewhere and they disappear mid quest for no apparent reason.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 24, 15 4:56 PM
I erased my comment 6 times. Scratch that 7.

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 4:57:56 PM PST

dubemi
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by dubemi on Sep 24, 15 7:34 PM
When I lost my quest it was around 10 AM eastern time, I did not close my game not my computer, I was just about to complete the quest and it's disapear

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 24, 15 7:37 PM
I have one game with quests, my other game had them but they disappeared yesterday mid-pearl hunting and they haven't shown up today.

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nmabbey on Sep 24, 15 8:21 PM
It can't be a timer issue. I started my quests at a little after 1am right after they appeared. I never logged off and only spent 2 hours at the most working on the pearl quests. The last quest just never appeared. There is no way that the timer ran out after that short amount of time.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 25, 15 4:44 AM
I think that is what Waimea was trying to say. It is a timer issue in that for some reason the timer is running out early for people instead of lasting for the full period.
When the quest appears, there is a very clear tag just under pirate Antonio with a big red sign saying that it is limited time (I can understand people not looking at that when they are concentrating on the quest itself - but it is very visible, unless some people are genuinely not getting it, rather than not noticing it) . We have already noted that for this event it only gives us 22 hours instead of the usual 24 - so that the timer starts at 01.00 am until 23.00 pm, not from the time we actually log on. This has been the same for all past timed event quests.
So there seems to be a glitch that this time scale is being shortened for some people and that is what the technical staff are trying to sort out, as Walmea says.
Unfortunately by the time they have done this, it will be too late for this short event!!!!!!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 25, 15 10:30 PM
I just looked at the timer for the quest today (Sep 26).

It does NOT end at 23:00 (11:00 PM). It ends at midnight. We get 23 hours to do the day's quests.

The day I lost my quest I was constantly checking to see how much time I had left. That quest should have still be then at 9:00 PM. But it wasn't.

Then again, my hardware store should still be there.

Go to: