Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by outhval on Sep 27, 15 7:31 AM
Regarding the missing cleaver from the knife block in the hop, the hint is WRONG and it is in the middle of the screen.

Edited on 09/27/2015 at 7:49:48 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by outhval on Sep 27, 15 7:35 AM
_DD_ wrote:As a collection for you, - here is what I found in the game's demo:

1) quoting from another thread-post here, as I can't say it any better:
>> in the kitchen in the hop I got all the items except the knife so I used the hint button - it pointed to the upper left corner, you cannot reach the item, you cannot even see it. <<

I tested a different display option, and all 3 in-game options of window, regular, widescreen - but it didn't help. The item for the knife-block is out of reach / out of sight and cannot be taken on my computer; thus, I can't finish this HO scene.

2) I agree with 9otters above that the "star" collectible indicator is not reliable. It kept showing the "Collectibles star" on the map for 2 or three rooms, even though the collectible had been found.
(This is independent of taking photographs IMO. Those have indeed their own hint: the glowing on the camera, and their 'triggers' don't show on the map. Besides, I had taken the photos also, even put them in the pictures in "The Attic" already.)

desktop PC, Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, & NVIDIA graphics card GeForce GTX 670 w/ updated drivers

I suggest you just forward the findings in this thread to the Developer, as I for one am not going to bother any further with this game, nor to write to CS.

HOP object off screen / out of reach

[Post New]by BuckSatan69 on Sep 27, 15 9:17 AM
Same problem with the flower as me.

amh2424 wrote:I have so far really enjoyed this game, however I am now stuck. I am almost finished and can not complete a HOP because an item is not showing on screen. I am up to the HOP in the foyer that will give me the silver f for the cigarette case and have found all items except 1 flower which the hint shows to be in the upper left hand corner. There is nothing showing there and clicking there results in nothing. I can not go any further in this game. This is not a life tragedy, but it is a bummer none the less.

If anyone knows of a fix please let me know, I too hate to bother CS. I am running on a PC with windows 8, 64 bit.

Just a note: I have been a Big Fish member for many years and this is only the second game that I have been unable to finish due to glitches. I think BF does a fantastic job and and thankful that they provide the services that they do provide.

Edited on 09/27/2015 at 9:18:25 AM PST

[Post New]by BuckSatan69 on Sep 27, 15 9:57 AM
The HOG in the hall scene - the last flower cannot be found. The hint button goes to the top left corner but there is nothing there.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Sep 27, 15 10:37 AM
I also had the audio cut out during dialogue scenes, but that's no big deal, since I hate dialogue scenes. My issue is toward the end of the demo, I opened Anna's diary and took the horse figurine (3/3). The game then just sat there and when I left the diary, I was missing that last figurine, so I couldn't go on.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Sep 27, 15 12:31 PM
unfortunately for me after placing the last dart...........no HOP! Nothing!

[Post New]by calmcarolyn7 on Sep 27, 15 7:36 PM
I was kicked out of the game twice and had to shut down the computer and start again. Now I'm on the extra play part, and it does the same thing only this time I can't get past the point and it shuts down every time. I can't finish and it's maddening. I also purchased the Redemption Cemetery game this week, and it too froze up three times so I had to reboot each time. I've never had such big problems and I'm wondering if Windows 10 is causing them since two of the games I acquired a long time now keep asking for a security key and won't let me in to play them at all. The camera constantly flashing when the picture is already taken is annoying but not drastic, and I didn't have any issues with hidden object scenes although I went to the alternate puzzle in a few of them so I could have missed the problems that way.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 28, 15 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game.

With players that are having freezing issues as well as trouble progressing, please look at the following help article for hints. It may be helpful to ensure that everything is up to date with the video graphics card:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are seeing an access violation error message, the following article may help:

Access Violation

If the issues still persist, please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always happy and willing to help in any way that they can.

I see that the acquisition of Big Fish Games by Church Hill Downs Inc. has been mentioned. Church Hill Downs Inc. acquired Big Fish Games because they admire and appreciate the games business we've built to date, and they wish to see it remain intact and grow in to the future. The acquisition doesn't change the quantity nor quality of the games we bring to Big Fish fans, nor does it change how we continue to engage with our customers. If you experience technical issues and receive an automated response with a coupon code, please reply directly to that email so that a representative can work with you to get things up and running. They are always willing to help and offer any troubleshooting steps they have.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Sep 28, 15 2:05 PM
Yet another problem: in the kitchen, where you have to prepare the soup the cutting board vanishes. Perhaps there is a certain order, but I cutted the potatoe first, then wanted to cut the green salad - board wasn't there anymore. Makes me rather angry, as the main part of the game is played - and over again???!!!

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Sep 28, 15 9:51 PM
At the start of the game, as I try to put the key in the briefcase I get "Error Access Violation @0x0051EAD I tried to read from 0x00000000, program terminated." Oh I tried this twice and got the same result.

I have a PC running windows 10 which I just brought home today. I am just finding my way around Windows 10 and am not one of these young smart ones so am having trouble. If there's a simple answer to this, I'll try it. Otherwise I'll just leave it alone. I have other games to keep me busy but I'd like to try this one.

Edited on 09/28/2015 at 9:52:13 PM PST

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on Sep 30, 15 6:08 AM
I am running Window 10 - With the first mini game there is a horrendous noise and the whole game slowed to a crawl, with the cursor jittery.

I thought, perhaps, just the first mini game...then it happened with the second one. I tried turning off the sound and the entire thing locked up and I had a hard time even exiting the game with task manager.

Fortunately, I did not purchase the game yet and stopped here first. I see in a closed thread that this is a problem for others as well.

As for going to the help pages when the game slows down...um...no. Been there done that and it doesn't help.

[Post New]by kawalker03 on Sep 30, 15 5:18 PM
Any time there is a mini game the game makes a horrible noise and the pointer slows down and is very glitchy.

Windows 8

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 1, 15 5:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues with the game.

To start, we still recommend the steps in the following help article for any crashing, freezing, or slowing issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For access violations errors, I'd recommend this help article:

Access Violation

As for any needed items that go missing, stopping points like this can be passed by reinstalling or even restarting the game.

We can't promise a fix, but we'll let the developer know about these issues.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer not to restart the game or if none of the recommended help articles have worked, I definitely recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 7, 15 11:05 AM
PC running Win8.1

I cannot get the game to give me the dog's head to use in the secret room. It is there in the record player but I can't pick it up. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it just WILL NOT WORK! (Not surprising, as uninstall/reinstall doesn't seem to get rid of the memory of the game so it just goes back to the same flaw. This has always been a problem with BF.)

Several times I could not pick up an object that was right there until I went away and did something else first (very annoying), but this time the dog's head is the only way to proceed and I can't pick it up.

And as for the collectibles stars -- don't get me started. In two places I can see the thing I'm supposed to take a photo of but it won't let me use the camera. In a couple of others I have taken the photo and found the morphing object but the map STILL shows a star!

The mapping on some of the HO scenes is quite dodgy in places too.

I quite like the game but I'm not happy to be stuck due to poor quality control.

[Post New]by mschritz on Oct 30, 15 12:05 PM
I'm stuck trying to get an item out of the secret compartment in the Phonograph. It's the only thing I can do at this point. HELP!!!

Dollhouse Clothing Puzzle

[Post New]by DavidCB on Jan 3, 16 11:23 AM
In this particular instance, the dresses on the dolls on left side of the dollhouse are reversed...the pink is on the bottom and the blue is on the top, instead of the pink on top and blue on the bottom...the dresses on the right side are fine...but I think this is keeping me from completing this puzzle...According to the guide, I have everything correct...I have even tried reversing the left side items without success. There is no option to change the dress positions...

[Post New]by ZCharmed17 on Jan 6, 16 1:36 PM
I've played the 3 darts and it doesn't work. put the first one in sometimes that works but the 2nd and 3rd no numbers come up. and I know what the numbers are. love this game but can't play it any further so a thumbs down and I won't be buying the game

[Post New]by ZCharmed17 on Jan 7, 16 4:07 PM
Does anyone come on here from Big Fish just to say we have recieved your comment and are dealing with the issue, or is it a waste of time making any comments

Go to: