angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 4, 15 1:11 AM
I have only just tried this demo and lasted precisely 18 minutes before the utter ridiculousness of the game became too much. We are expected to believe that this house is occupied and yet virtually every room/cupboard door is either locked or the handle is missing I don't know about anyone else but there are no locked doors or missing handles in my home. Did the family have such a poor opinion of their wedding guests that they locked all the doors or ripped out the handles of those they couldn't lock?? And any butler (or whoever he was) who wanted to keep his job would never just hand you the key to the house; he would let you in himself. At least in this country he would.

What the photos were about I have no idea; it wasn't explained and there were no instructions. I opted for the tutorial on special features only; wasn't the camera/photo taking feature special enough??

I could go on but I think the point is made. However I would just like to say a big thank you to both sfr8rfan and NancySusan for two of the funniest reviews I've read in years; I laughed so much at this particular line "People in this game carry around all kinds of odd things, including knobs to washing machines. I wonder if Martha was going to take that on her honeymoon?", it reduced me to tears

Needless to say I won't be buying this CE or the SE.

Edited on 10/07/2015 at 3:01:13 AM PST

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 6, 15 10:14 AM
I for one, loved this game! It was challenging! And I got to exercise my brain! Too many games now that come out are way too easy! The bonus is good too! I had no tech issues and I was using windows 7 home premium. Thank you VAST! More like games like this please!

Edited on 10/06/2015 at 10:16:00 AM PST

[Post New]by jilouise1123 on Oct 11, 15 8:53 AM
I enjoyed this game!! Interesting storyline. Wish the bonus game was longer. If you like creepy (like I do) you will like this one. I would give it 5 stars!!

mimi2499
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mimi2499 on Oct 13, 15 6:18 PM
I am SO frustrated by this game, I'm sorry I bought it. I think I tried every combination of the five color-keys (or whatever they are) in the maid's room and STILL am not able to open it. I also noted a number of people confused by the dart board thing. It's one thing to have an enjoyable puzzle, but not being able to solve it no matter what you do is just annoying. A rip-off, I'm afraid.

Go to: