Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Keys to Manhattan comments and reviews

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Sep 9, 09 12:55 PM
I played the full hour trial, nice graphics and the music is not too bad either. This really is a hidden object game in every sense of the word. You scroll your mouse around the room and the objects are brought forward, if you look at the screen and expect to see what you are looking for you are not gonna see much, although some objects are in view. I found myself trying to remember where I had seen a particular object. Some objects are very, very well hidden and some cannot be seen at all until you scroll over it. I enjoyed placing the furniture in the house. Not sure if I will buy this one though, it is hidden object with a screen at the end of each level where you get a piece of furniture and eventually I suppose you refurnish the house. Not sure if this is enough to make me buy it though I love the adventure/**** games, like RTR and most recently Drawn - the Painted Tower as well as others too numerous to mention. There is a timer but it is an hour so each level is well achievable and the hint fills up quite quickly. I think if you are a big **** fan you will buy this but for me I want something more. Numerous scenes with HOs and placing furniture bit by bit in an empty house is not enough. I would give it 4/10.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 9, 09 1:04 PM
I played for about 15 minutes.

The music was truly awful. I want to look for objects, not mouse around randomly and try and figure out what the teeny pop-up objects are. Placing the furniture did nothing for me either/

While I give the developer credit for trying a different take on the HOG, it's not for me.

I suspect there will be some that really like this though.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Sep 9, 09 1:18 PM
I will pass on this purchase. Playing the demo only. Seems too boring compared to ..... I prefer to have mini puzzles inbetween level breaks.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 9, 09 1:50 PM
I had already trialed this when it first came out at another site and decided this game not for me. Hidden objects that are not really hidden but hilight when you mouse over them is no fun for me.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Sep 9, 09 2:01 PM
I demoed the game twice but not on . I found the objects being highlighted when the cursor passes over them quite annoying and there isn't much of a story line. We HOGgers are so spoiled when games have an interesting story to tell, it's part of the reason a game such as RTR is so universally accepted. I'll undoubtedly do the demo but it will never be a purchased game under any circumstances.

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 9, 09 2:13 PM
I had played this from a different sight and it froze up on me and I had to uninstall. I had no problems here at big fish. It is an ok game. The story line is alright. I did not mind only getting 3 clues at a time or having them pop up. I didn't need to use the hint button as the ? hint was sufficient to find everything. I will probably buy it during a dry spell but will wait til then.

[Post New]by briteredlips on Sep 9, 09 3:55 PM
I see a lot of mixed reviews on this game. I liked it. It is different from the other hidden object games, and if you do not use all the extra helpful hints, it is also quite a challenge. I admit it is no Mystery Case File game, but then, what is? I think this is a nice change of pace, something different, and therefore, I not only used my credit to purchase it, I also give it a big Thumbs Up.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Sep 9, 09 5:48 PM
One word.....BORING!!!!

Hated the music, turned the volume down so i didn't have to listen to it.

Deleted it after only playing 20 min of the demo and i didn't see any mini games. Did I miss them or weren't there any?

IMO, not worth $6.99

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Sep 9, 09 10:11 PM
I just played 20 min. of the demo and I do not care for this game. As mentioned before,the mouse has to be moved over the entire scene to highlight and find an object and sometimes there are 2 or 3 objects glommed together. IMO it took way too long to find the objects and my wrist was getting tired of moving the mouse over and over and over. And there is no way I could remember where the objects were.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Sep 10, 09 5:27 AM
I have one more word to add about this game AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

blanckie
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by blanckie on Sep 10, 09 6:57 AM
I PLAYED FOR 20 MIN. DID NOT LIKE THE GAME

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 10, 09 7:09 AM
Well, it's different. LOL. I just did the demo and I agree with the one who said it is a memory game. Where maybe half the objects are in plain sight, the others you see as you sweep your mouse over the screen, THEN when they ask for one in the 3 items to find and you KNOW you just saw it but where? Like trying to find something on the concentration mini games for a match. Lots of adventure games have items not visible before you do something else, open a suitcase etc or look for sparkles. To compare this game to usual plain vanilla HOGs is off the mark, this is different enough to be interesting, or test your memory, may even strengthen my memory loss.

I like the mouse highlighting objects not visible or partially. The HOGs with such teeny objects that aren't visible to the naked eye, even with hints flashing on it ought to use this feature for us with poor eyesight. I don't buy games anymore with tiny or poorly defined objects and these you can identify at least. How many threads start with Stuck, can't find the teapot, can't find the match or whatever. No walkthru needed here, plenty of hints and time. I may buy if I ever finish my other new games and need to relax. Story is lame, skip those anyway, always mute music, so nothing to complain about.

I got Access violation installing, Int Exp says it is shutting down, didn't think it would play but was on My Games and I clicked Play anyway and had 60 minutes. It was already loaded with no problem. Try it yourself, just don't expect it to be like most HOGs, at least it has good graphics, nothing annoying if you use your Options.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Sep 10, 09 10:32 AM
Trialed this today in 2 parts because I had to go to town. After the first part I wasn't sure about the game; After 2nd part, still not sure. Turned off sound almost immediately; unusual for me. I liked the idea of the items highlighting when touched because sometimes I'm not sure what I am looking at with only a small piece is showing and some of the items are hidden completely. I am not keen on having only 3 items shown at a time but like the view of item; when ? is clicked being available. I thought the graphics were good; storyline OK. A different type of HOG; yes; will I buy? I think so but will go on my waiting list.

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Sep 10, 09 10:54 AM
It's different, its like clicking around, and I like it very much. Like the diverse locations, and replace the fourniture instead of puzzle or find the differences.
I admire the developers of games, that they keep on trying to find a way to keep us all happy hoggers.
: heart:

[Post New]by reggie1114 on Sep 10, 09 8:22 PM
Where is the accordion? The hint points to the cash register. Maybe someplace they are the same.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Sep 10, 09 9:34 PM
I'm skipping this one. I'm spoiled with "Drawn".

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Sep 10, 09 11:36 PM
susielee wrote:This is just another senseless game with mindless objects to find hidden all over the screen that have nothing to do with the story. No thanks to this one. I'm really spoiled to great games like "Kuros", "Enlightenus" and "Drawn".......I neither want to waste my money nor time on anything less.

I am in total agreement with Susielee. I only played about 10 minutes of the trial. Not to bother with this one. The music was like a drone to put you asleep or bore you to death.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 11, 09 1:40 AM
I think this is one of the dumbest hidden object games I have ever played. A total waste of time. Having to highlight a hidden item in order to see it is deprives one of the sense of finding it on your own. Would never buy this one and in fact quit after 30 minutes. It's juvenile.

dianef
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dianef on Sep 11, 09 5:35 AM
I think it is an ok game. once obtain stuff for rooms -- sometimes find it hard to know where to put them.

Any suggestion on the stool and eisel (sorry for misspell word)

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Sep 11, 09 5:21 PM
It took me a while to adjust to this hunt. Had to use memory more than usual. It is good for us old gezzers to practice that memory thing. The hint system works for me.
I had no technical problems.

Go to: