TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Guide to Opening Mini-Scenes

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:15 PM
Opening Oldstein Bank (Tempe, Arizona) mini-scenes

Not able to open them yet, maybe in Christmas event.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:17 PM
Opening Christmas Alley (Helena, Montana) mini-scenes

Not able to open them yet, maybe in Christmas event.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:18 PM
Opening Captain Matthew's Yacht mini scenes

The quests to open these mini-scenes are included in the Valentine Day special event.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:19 PM
Opening Botanica Al Fresco restaurant mini-scenes

The quests to open these mini-scenes are included in the Valentine Day special event.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:20 PM
Opening the Flower Shop (Rock Springs, Wyoming) mini-scenes

The quests to open these mini-scenes are included in the Spring special event.

Edited on 10/09/2015 at 5:30:27 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:21 PM
Opening the Apple Orchard mini-scenes

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:23 PM
Opening the Train Roundhouse mini-scenes

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 2, 15 9:24 PM
Opening the Sculpting Studio mini-scenes

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Oct 3, 15 10:34 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Opening Captain Matthew's (Bridgeport, Connecticut) mini-scenes

I haven't made as concise notes as you, just wrote up the minimum. But I can say that:

To open the tackle box you need a paper clip which you find at the hotel in Ohio

To cut up the tarp on the boat you need a cutter which you find at the doll shop in South Dakota

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 3, 15 11:39 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Opening the Apple Orchard mini-scenes

If you recall in our older games this scene was stuck on some mode(?). You should have access to all modes in this new game.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 3, 15 11:41 AM
Bluex wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:Opening the Apple Orchard mini-scenes

If you recall in our older games this scene was stuck on some mode(?). You should have access to all modes in this new game.

I never opened these scenes in my prior game. Was waiting to see if we would visit this place during Pirate Day and/or Halloween.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 3, 15 11:54 AM
okay so then no different for you. The scene in Michigan boat builders you will also see now will work. If you recall once you entered the "back yard" some items were invisible not so now. Also the magnifying glass that gave people fits is also not an issue in a restarted game.

how some issues can affect older games via a new update and not affect whole new games with the new update is beyond my reasoning to understand. But it does happen.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 3, 15 12:03 PM
Bluex wrote:okay so then no different for you. The scene in Michigan boat builders you will also see now will work. If you recall once you entered the "back yard" some items were invisible not so now. Also the magnifying glass that gave people fits is also not an issue in a restarted game.

how some issues can affect older games via a new update and not affect whole new games with the new update is beyond my reasoning to understand. But it does happen.

Didn't open that one, either last time. Got as far as opening 2 of the scenes in the sculptor's studio and put that quest line on hold. So I'll have some new stuff to look forward to.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 3, 15 12:25 PM
TSue in future add the level number you are on for the openings. That was I can also beef up my notes and compare.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 3, 15 12:44 PM
Bluex wrote:TSue in future add the level number you are on for the openings. That was I can also beef up my notes and compare.

Levels are meaningless. Right now I'm playing the candy shop over and over again to get that teapot and ignoring quests that will lead to opening mini scenes. I've already leveled up once while hanging out on this quest.

I'm on level 17 and could have done the quest to open the gumball machine. But I'd rather play the Candy shop without any mini-scenes while I'm stockpiling teapots.

When a person receives a quest to open a mini-scene depends on when they upgrade buildings and what quest lines the follow and what quests they let sit for a while.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 3, 15 1:02 PM
Gotcha, I did the same. I like to more or less keep track of levels as it helps with the forum when people ask about specific or regarding quests. Of course its always a more or less as everyone plays different. But it has helped in the scheme of things.
Just a heads up.There seems to be a glut of the Vic and not selling as well as they used to. I guess the forum has done a god job of teaching how to reap. They is still a demand but I still have 33 of the dang things. I tried selling a few and came back and I sell at below market price. The animal stamps and more importantly the shot glasses(especially France) seem the hot commodities now. So keep an eye out for those and milk that extensively as you can as well.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 3, 15 1:10 PM
Bluex wrote:Gotcha, I did the same. I like to more or less keep track of levels as it helps with the forum when people ask about specific or regarding quests. Of course its always a more or less as everyone plays different. But it has helped in the scheme of things.
Just a heads up.There seems to be a glut of the Vic and not selling as well as they used to. I guess the forum has done a god job of teaching how to reap. They is still a demand but I still have 33 of the dang things. I tried selling a few and came back and I sell at below market price. The animal stamps and more importantly the shot glasses(especially France) seem the hot commodities now. So keep an eye out for those and milk that extensively as you can as well.

I don't need coins. I'm getting the teapots in case I decide to go for guru and need to cash in collections that give butterfly nets. It takes 9,999 of each resource to guru the mini-games. More is needed for those extra mini-games that appeared in during Valentine Day.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 5, 15 4:35 PM
I finished collecting blue teapots and played the series of quests to open all the mini scenes in the Candy Shop.

It's looking like I'll be opening the mini scenes in the Red Mine and dealing with Chayton next.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 6, 15 6:09 PM
I've added info about opening the mini-scenes in the Red Mine and opening the 3rd mini-scene in Bridgeport (Captain Matthew's house).

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 9, 15 9:21 AM
Just added info about Margaret's Gloves and info about opening the workshop room in the Doll Shop.

Can't stress enough the importance of keeping the quest queue as short as possible and reviewing it each time you open your game.

It's very likely you will have more than one character sending you to the same place and if you're not observant, you may not realize that you received a tool to open a mini scene.

Go to: