reeny08
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt comments and reviews

[Post New]by reeny08 on Oct 13, 09 12:32 AM
margeryk wrote:OK, I just finished all the levels with three stars and I must say I am a bit disappointed. The game ended far too quickly, and the challenges seemed to get easier as it went along. I opted for the trial version before I actually bought the game and I was excited by the prospects. The graphics are very nice, and there is some new and interesting game play (like the mini games, but even they got boring). I also liked the historical context. But overall, I did not find it challenging in the least. I guess I will have to wait for BAL 5 or Be Richer-er...

mk

im stuck on mission 26 memphis. can u pls tell me where 2 put the mastabas and the houses so i get the happiness required. thnx

reeny08
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by reeny08 on Oct 14, 09 2:16 PM
diannec21 wrote:Dear BigFlounder is there a walkthrough yet I am tring to raise my happiness level
in level 3 or 4 but can only get to 45 adding upgrade all buildings but that is not
doing it. I check the municiap buildings but by adding gravel pit, lunberyard or
workshop happiness goes down 10-20 points everything else is locked.
Help!
havn't passed mission 26 memphis but if u tell me what mission ur doin and what it's called maybe i can help

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Dec 28, 09 8:16 AM
I have really enjoyed this game so far but I'm the same as a few others. I've found the levels don't get much harder and they seem to end really fast. It's a good game for filling some time but not a big problem solver!
3/5 stars

[Post New]by chrome07 on Dec 31, 09 8:19 AM
I enjoy the game but why do the buildings come up to be repaired so often?

Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt comments and reviews

[Post New]by asdfadf on Jan 3, 10 5:03 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

ParadeGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ParadeGirl on Jan 17, 10 4:07 PM
reeny08 wrote:
margeryk wrote:OK, I just finished all the levels with three stars and I must say I am a bit disappointed. The game ended far too quickly, and the challenges seemed to get easier as it went along. I opted for the trial version before I actually bought the game and I was excited by the prospects. The graphics are very nice, and there is some new and interesting game play (like the mini games, but even they got boring). I also liked the historical context. But overall, I did not find it challenging in the least. I guess I will have to wait for BAL 5 or Be Richer-er...

mk

im stuck on mission 26 memphis. can u pls tell me where 2 put the mastabas and the houses so i get the happiness required. thnx

Ditto. I can't figure out how to get the $20,000 income.

Re:Empire Builder - Level 4, 4 stars -- stuck

[Post New]by tbone98110 on Mar 19, 10 4:09 PM
No matter ow I configure it, I cannot get 50 happiness points. I built required farms, workshop with all other lands completely upgraded. The workshop kills 10 happiness, so when that is put in, the max happiness I can get is 45.

Weird because the game is pretty route and dull after a few rounds.

A rip-off of Caesar with out the fun and good graphics. Don't spend your money,

samfrey
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by samfrey on Jun 4, 10 3:04 AM
i'm stuck in memphis it's saying i need 12,00 income i have more yet it wont move on to the temple!

[Post New]by mummygem2009 on Sep 30, 10 2:16 AM
hi i hear you have completed the game how do you get past level 26

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Oct 2, 10 9:05 AM
mummygem2009 wrote:hi i hear you have completed the game how do you get past level 26
Hello and welcome to the pond, mummygem2009.

There's a thread around for that specific level, some hints are already given:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/57400.page
As for this topic, i believe it's meant for reviews and most general questions about the game.

[Post New]by Heyerthal on Nov 8, 10 2:25 PM
I noted that a player asked: "How do I get a 4th house upgrade?" - the answer is, build a garden, then employ a gardener to look after it. Once done, you will be able to upgrade your house an additional level..

H.

[Post New]by TLK3405 on Feb 1, 11 8:28 AM
I think the graphics are very crisp and game play seems very smooth. However, it keeps crashing on my MAC. I am not sure how to retrieve saved games? If I try and reinstall will that help? I'm skeptical it won't because none of the troubleshooting steps have worked and that's all I get from Tech Support as well. I love Egyptian history and this games definitely does a great job with facts. Help it work on my MAC and maybe I can write a better review. For now I'm not too impressed.

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 8:28:59 AM PST

[Post New]by searoamer59 on Feb 4, 11 11:38 AM
Please all, but pardon my bluntness. As I read all the reviews and comments about any Bf game, one thing stands out prominently, "Help I'm stuck, would someone please tell me what to do." Ya'll are missing the bigger picture here. First, ensure you have completed all the assigned tasks, picked-up all the objects and look closely for sparkly, simmering, gears turning, etc, etc., and so forth. No doing any of those can "stick you with no way to go forward. Second, if you have hints available, use them, that is why they are put in the game. Third, if you find you can't see very well, simply stand-up. In most games I have played, it changes the light and graphics and objects stand-out more crisply.

I have been playing games since 2000, when even if you were running XP on a new Gateway, and you had to change the compatability to Win 98 or earlier to get it to work properly. Remember the Original RainBow Six, or Dominion Wars" Deep Space Nine". Games like that were very unforgiving if you did not follow all the steps as described in any strategy guide that came with the game.

The Key Word for any game is" Patience, Patience, Patience. Also, observe, detect, act. Works every time. Your space needed and space available can be important.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Mar 9, 11 4:55 PM
I love building games and this one is fantastic for people who are a liitle slower with their construction work.

Once I figured the best way to achieve the tasks it was easy to achieve 3 gold stars in every level. .

The secret for me me was to use the amulets. I used the 'Eye of Horus' (anti-earthquake etc) for all the levels until the final amulet, 'The Ankh', was available which combines them all.

No tech probs and clear graphics on Win7 64 bit.

All those anti-building people give it a try!

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Apr 2, 11 5:32 PM
I also enjoyed it, after stumbling upon the game years after its release. I enjoy this type of genre so it was fun. There have been better games done since but for the money it's a good play.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 15, 11 12:28 PM
MichGal wrote:I played it for about 5 minutes. It's not a bad game, but it's the same ole game, just a different theme. Why don't they give us a city building game with land to build on, not just a one screen area. Also, I'd like to build where ever I want, not designated places.

... That is my dearest wish. Out of all the building type games my absolute favourites are Caesar, Cleopatra, Zeus, Poseidon, The Settlers and Age of Empires with its random map generator. In fact I would still be playing the latter if only this computer didn't get upset with it and throw a wobbly.

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing Empire Builder - Ancient Egypt because I could get at least on each level ... despite my arthritis ... and thus it made me feel good because I had actually achieved something unlike some other games that make me feel inadequate for failing to finish in the "Gold" time and which won't let you play any more of the game until you get gold.

I really hope that Merscom Games / Iguana Entertainment make more games like this that us slower players can enjoy and succeed at as well as those that are capable of getting their names on its high score table.

Cherb

Not sure if I can mention the devs name or not so will leave it in and let the Mods decide.

[Post New]by engrukki on Feb 22, 13 11:43 AM
I am stuck in Dashur level do not know how to upgrade buildings to level 4
happiness is 200, 8 houses upgraded 3 times but no level four
help

Go to: