Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 23, 09 5:19 PM
This is for all enquiring about the fix

The fix is not for game errors which occur on installation or reinstallation issues - it is only used if yr 'players' file inside the players folder has been played up to around 500kbs - yr players file will be no where near this on a recently newly installed game

Also - if you uninstall yr game do a complete search of yr puter for Mahjong Towers Eternity (incl Hidden Files) & delete all that appears & reboot yr puter BEFORE reinstalling - reinstalling this game without doing so can create director errors as the reinstall picks up registry entrys & anything else left behind from the previous install

Fi

Edited on 10/23/2009 at 5:27:56 PM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 23, 09 5:32 PM
ljamabile wrote:
AnnGo wrote:I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.
From that point on, I get Director Errors that I can't get rid of or play the game.
I have a laptop with Vista. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am also getting these errors. Can you send me the fix? I uninstalled and reinstalled last night, but I still can't open the game.

Have pm'd you a link - if its not what yr looking for post back

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 23, 09 7:34 PM
ljamabile wrote:
AnnGo wrote:I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.
From that point on, I get Director Errors that I can't get rid of or play the game.
I have a laptop with Vista. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am also getting these errors. Can you send me the fix? I uninstalled and reinstalled last night, but I still can't open the game.

Ann - pm'd you

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Oct 24, 09 6:57 PM
Success, Problem solved thanks to links sent to my by Spazzazz.
For those of you that still have the problem, this is what I did.
I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with Vista.

1) Uninstalled MTE via Windows Control Panel Programs and Features.

2) Deleted Mahjong Towers Eternity folder found at Computer/C:/Users/"Your user name"/AppData/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files.

3) Delete any other Mahjong folders found by clicking Start button and doing a search for mahjong

4) Ran Disk Cleanup of C drive by clicking Start button, All programs, Accessories, System Tools.

5) Downloaded Ccleaner [removed by moderator] (free software), ran program and deleted all temp files.

6) Created a System restore point by clicking Start button, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools. (In case you have a problem later you can get back to this point and not have to do steps 1 through 6)

7) Did a Computer Restart.

8) Reinstalled Mahjon Towers Eternity.

Wala, have started, played and shut-down the program multiple times and no more errors.

Thank again Spazzazz. Could not have done it without you.
Ann

Edited on 01/22/2010 at 10:33:05 AM PST

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Oct 29, 09 4:13 PM
Claimed success too soon. Played about 10 -12 tiles and the dreaded message to check to make sure I had the latest version made a comeback. Lost all the progress I had made with the game.

It is a good thing that I got this game free through Borders book store. It is too bad that big fish games marketing selected Mahjong Towers Eternity as the free game because if this is how bad their games perform, there is no way I will ever purchase from them.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Oct 30, 09 3:51 PM
AnnGo wrote:Claimed success too soon. Played about 10 -12 tiles and the dreaded message to check to make sure I had the latest version made a comeback. Lost all the progress I had made with the game.

It is a good thing that I got this game free through Borders book store. It is too bad that big fish games marketing selected Mahjong Towers Eternity as the free game because if this is how bad their games perform, there is no way I will ever purchase from them.

Sorry to hear that Ann - have just had a browse in the Bfg Help section & found this link -

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/262

wether it will help anyone or not? i have no idea - but could be worth a try

To avoid loss of progress saving the player folder is a must in this game & backing the save up regularly is also extremely important to keep yr progress upto date - this way if anything goes wrong ya can put yr players back into the game & continue where ya left off

Fi

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Oct 30, 09 4:14 PM
Thanks. I just made the change to Vista Basic. It was Vista Standard. Who knows, this might help. I will start saving the player folder from now on.
Thanks again.

[Post New]by kkelly6193 on Nov 3, 09 6:58 AM
Hi all! I am having the same problem and am running vista. Have had the game a year or so but play it everyday. Please help!!

[Post New]by kjab1979 on Nov 4, 09 12:18 AM
i as well am having the same problem, also running vista

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 4, 09 4:23 AM
kkelly6193 wrote:Hi all! I am having the same problem and am running vista. Have had the game a year or so but play it everyday. Please help!!

Hi Kkelly

Have pmd you a link for director errors + a link of how to go about finding yr player folder in Vista - yv been playing awhile so is very possible yr 'players' file is around 500kbs - if so yl be needing the fix

Fi

Edited on 11/04/2009 at 4:24:41 AM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 4, 09 4:27 AM
kjab1979 wrote:i as well am having the same problem, also running vista

Hi kjab

Have pm'd you a link - if its not what yr looking for &/or you continue to have probs - post back

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 4, 09 4:33 AM
Have been having a browse around & as well as the Bfg link i found bout a week back - which i will repost in this post - iv found a couple of others which i thought might be helpful to some of you out there running Vista & Bfg games - anything thats worth trying is a bonus especially if it works - fingers crossed for ya all - especially in relation to Mte

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/262

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/516/related/1

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/414/related/1

Fi

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Nov 7, 09 4:54 PM
I think I finally found the answer to the director errors in Vista.

Go to computer - C:\Program Files and click on the Mahjong Towers Eternity folder.

Right click on the Mahjong Towers Eternity program (you will see the MTE icon to the left of the program name)

Click on Properties

Click on Compatibility Tab

Check mark the box "Run this program in compatibiliy mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Click Apply

Click OK

I followed this procedure a couple of days ago and have not had any more director errors. Hope it works for all you running MTE in Vista.

[Post New]by pammers52 on Nov 11, 09 9:37 AM
Thanks AnnGo for your post. I changed the compatibility mode and so far it's working like a charm.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 11, 09 5:46 PM
pammers52 wrote:Thanks AnnGo for your post. I changed the compatibility mode and so far it's working like a charm.

So pleased Anns post worked for you Pammers - by the sound of it we'll have a lot more happy Vista players

Enjoy!!

[Post New]by pammers52 on Nov 13, 09 8:11 AM
Spazzazz wrote:
pammers52 wrote:Thanks AnnGo for your post. I changed the compatibility mode and so far it's working like a charm.

So pleased Anns post worked for you Pammers - by the sound of it we'll have a lot more happy Vista players

Enjoy!!

Unfortunately it only worked for a couple of days. I'm back to the same old error messages today. I don't know what else to try now. I uninstalled and reinstalled again to no avail. I think I'm going to have to give up on this game as much as I hate to because I love it.

AnnGo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnGo on Nov 13, 09 1:28 PM
pammers52 wrote:
Spazzazz wrote:

Enjoy!!

Unfortunately it only worked for a couple of days. I'm back to the same old error messages today. I don't know what else to try now. I uninstalled and reinstalled again to no avail. I think I'm going to have to give up on this game as much as I hate to because I love it.

Sorry to say that I am also back to the same problem.
This is driving me crazy.

[Post New]by cblucky on Nov 13, 09 4:09 PM
Spazzazz wrote:
MomsTheBoss wrote:I guess we're all in the same boat... Can't get in. I have a new laptop, downloaded the game, played the first time with no problems and then the Director Error came up and I haven't been able to run it since. My desktop is XP, but lap is Vista. Help!!! I love this game. Have been playing it for over three years.

Will pm you the link for the error in Vista - if the link helps - once you get into the guts of yr game it would be a good idea to check the kbs on the players file - if you been playing for 3yrs you may be in need of the fix - once yr players file gets to around 500kbs the game will lock you out - the fix reduces the size of the players file but dosnt affect yr ranking in the game or yr points & enables you to get back in

If you discover the fix is what yr needing - post back & i'll send ya the link

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 13, 09 6:57 PM
pammers52 wrote:

Pammers - Have pm'd you

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 7:01:56 PM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 13, 09 6:58 PM
AnnGo wrote:
Sorry to say that I am also back to the same problem.
This is driving me crazy.

Ann - Have pm'd you

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 7:03:09 PM PST

Go to: