laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder comments and reviews

[Post New]by laeddie on Sep 19, 09 9:08 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Just a word of warning this is a large download ... I have been downloading for 55 minutes at 15 Mbps and I have only done 63% so anyone on dial up needs to set it downloading overnight.

I am really looking forward to playing this game unfortunately that won't be until tomorrow due to circumstances.

C
[/qCherbtoo While I admit to having fast speed DSL It only took me 5 minutes to download and 1 more to install! I have noticed lately that some times during the early stages of downloading games it seems to get "stuck" and does not advance much if at all. Through trial and error I discovered that if you click on the " located just to the right of the percent downloaded number to Pause the download for just a few seconds and then click " again to resume it will usually then resume downloading at the correct speed. This did happen to me on downloading this game but one time pausing and resuming fixed it. Hope this helps you and maybe others in the future.uote]

[Post New]by FaunaMama on Sep 19, 09 12:51 PM
Has anyone else had any problem installing this one? I've tried about 8 times now, and I keep getting the "installation failed" message. I've downloaded and installed at least one other game since (hundreds before it), so it's nothing new system-wise.

After all the great comments, I'm so anxious to play!! Help!!

Alex7154
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Alex7154 on Sep 19, 09 5:44 PM
I played the demo and it seemed enjoyable. The story of building the 9 kingdoms was good, but at each level they provided little room to build and high amount of required resources. Most of the time, I got close and then filled in the rest with Juice stands.
Sure, once you get to the boutiques, the gold income goes up but so does the strategy. It definitely different from some of the other time management and strategy games. Luckily, I have been playing in the untimed mode. But, if it was in timed, I might be more frustrated.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 19, 09 9:26 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority on this one. I just demoed 5 build-type games this weekend and found that this was my LEAST favorite. I found it very frustrating but that may be partly because I played in windowed mode and partly because I do not play a lot of these types of games.

The first problem I had was in the tutorial trying to use ZOOM. I couldn't get past the UP dialog box until I zoomed ALL THE WAY; it just sat there on Zorm's dialog. Next, if it was specified, I didn't remember that the arrows were for INGRESS. If there weren't roads where the arrows were located, the building was unusable which caused me to demolish several juice stands. But what finally finished me was the building. Once I had a building to build, I could not move the map until I built or cancelled it. And in going to the BUILD boxes at the bottom, I often overshot the item and went off the window causing the map to move. Then I would have to cancel the build, reposition the map, and try again. Just too frustrating for me.

For all you fishies that like the game, ENJOY! I'm just not one of them...

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Sep 19, 09 9:27 PM
I bought this game after playing the hour demo, and haven't looked back! I've just finished the quests, but haven't started the 'sandbox' yet. It was really enjoyable, a little puzzling and most of all had a lot of gameplay time which really made it worth the money!

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Sep 19, 09 11:33 PM
I played the demo and then bought the game. I didn't have any problems downloading, it took about five minutes, I have high speed internet.

I have enjoyed the game, until I reached level 39 and had to build the west wing. I can't get the west wing placed, I've tried for almost an hour now. I even destroyed everything that I could destroy and still the west wing is too big. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.

RuthieJo

[Post New]by lovedogs1011 on Sep 20, 09 12:48 AM
I love this game!!!!! It did not take me that long to download and I have a slower speed. You guys are right in that the games are not this long and you get finished too soon. Then you feel like you didn't get your money's worth.This game lets you destroy the roads and buildings if you put them in the wrong spot. I also like the little people walking around and going into the shops. I am having a blast. And I'm 61 years old!!

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Sep 20, 09 1:36 AM
Well I don't feel so bad, I'm 62 lol.

I played the free mode, or sandbox or what ever it's called, and I didn't like it.
You just build what every you want and it's not really fun. There's no challenge when you can play how ever you want.

RuthieJo

sstevens
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sstevens on Sep 20, 09 5:52 AM
RuthieJo wrote:I played the demo and then bought the game. I didn't have any problems downloading, it took about five minutes, I have high speed internet.

I have enjoyed the game, until I reached level 39 and had to build the west wing. I can't get the west wing placed, I've tried for almost an hour now. I even destroyed everything that I could destroy and still the west wing is too big. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.

RuthieJo

RuthieJo, don't build anything in the large empty area in the upper right-hand side. Not even a single road. When you are ready for the west wing notice that it has an arrow, indicating need for a road, on it's right side. Line that arrow up with the road coming down from the upper right side of the screen. Bingo! I hope that helps you. That west wing had me scratching my head for a while too.

rbusran
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rbusran on Sep 20, 09 7:39 AM
I LOVEEE THIS GAME!!! I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY...However, I need help on level 16 "the Stonemoon Ruins" ..The houses were on fire before I even get to build the Fire station??? Please help!!

[Post New]by lexinatrix on Sep 20, 09 10:29 AM
rbusran wrote:I LOVEEE THIS GAME!!! I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY...However, I need help on level 16 "the Stonemoon Ruins" ..The houses were on fire before I even get to build the Fire station??? Please help!!

You're going to have to let them burn while you build up the requirements (people) to build the fire station.

[Post New]by lexinatrix on Sep 20, 09 10:31 AM
The only frustration I have with this game is that there is no "help" section to remind a user of the controls, and there's no way to rotate objects (that I've found - maybe I missed it?) in order to make the best use of the geography.

I'm also stuck on the Island of Sardor because I haven't found the magic means of getting the party shop aligned on the available real estate.

[Post New]by Reina3 on Sep 20, 09 11:47 AM
Although it is a simple game - I love it. I bought it after trying one hour. And now I have a problem: I'm in level 30 and I have to build some buildings to open a special building. I built those buildings but still it won't open the next special building. I have enough gold, materials, people ... so what else can I do? Is there anyone who can help me further?

Thanks

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Sep 20, 09 12:36 PM
WOW! What a great game. I loved it, tricky enough to keep the brain moving but finishable! AND NO BUGS AT ALL YIPPEE well done BFG, you restored some of my faith (now, if we cvan just solve the problems with legend of sanna...)

Toi anyone who is struggling to fit things in, as you go through the levels, you may have to do the same as me - keep shifting buildings around, build a new one, demolish an old. On some levels, it was literally moving them millimetres that made the difference. Oh what fun I had this weekend! And I really wanted to do my housework.....(not!!!)

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Sep 20, 09 4:25 PM
sstevens wrote:
RuthieJo wrote:I played the demo and then bought the game. I didn't have any problems downloading, it took about five minutes, I have high speed internet.

RuthieJo

RuthieJo, don't build anything in the large empty area in the upper right-hand side. Not even a single road. When you are ready for the west wing notice that it has an arrow, indicating need for a road, on it's right side. Line that arrow up with the road coming down from the upper right side of the screen. Bingo! I hope that helps you. That west wing had me scratching my head for a while too.

I'll try it thanks

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Sep 20, 09 4:41 PM
sstevens wrote:

RuthieJo

Well I went and tried it, and it didn't work for me.

I also found two arrows and one up close to the buildings and one about a quarter of the way down. Plus then there are three arrows that you use to connect to the road, these three are all side by side. But my right side of the screen is on the lower part of the screen and the left or high side is on the left.

kececi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kececi on Sep 20, 09 8:58 PM
Really like the game; however, it tends to freeze up or just go REALLY slow on some levels starting about 1/4 of the way through the game. It is fun, except for that.

rbusran
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rbusran on Sep 21, 09 9:31 AM
lexinatrix wrote:
rbusran wrote:I LOVEEE THIS GAME!!! I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY...However, I need help on level 16 "the Stonemoon Ruins" ..The houses were on fire before I even get to build the Fire station??? Please help!!

You're going to have to let them burn while you build up the requirements (people) to build the fire station.

Thanks very much for your reply.

rbusran
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rbusran on Sep 21, 09 10:10 AM
lexinatrix wrote:

Thanks very much for your reply. I did what you told me but everytime a house gets burned the people becomes lesser as well. How can i accumulate a larger population???

[Post New]by paintbrush66 on Sep 21, 09 10:31 AM
Just finished this really fun game. Fortunately I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned it some of the other reviews. Just had a great time playing. I'm sure I'll play it again and my grandchildren will love it. No pressure and a happy ending. What more could you ask. Wil be looking forward future games of this sort.

Go to: