tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey comments and reviews

[Post New]by tubergal on Sep 24, 09 9:01 AM
Okay game. Not to hard but somewhat easy. The only issue I have is an erratic pointer....leaves trails all over the screen and jumps to spots I have not pointed to. Anyone else having this issue?

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Sep 24, 09 9:25 AM
Great Review SillyFeet!

Miss clairol

Minnihopps
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Minnihopps on Sep 24, 09 10:45 AM
I like this game. Nice and relaxing after a long day at work. Have played the demo for about 30 min, and stopped to buy it.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Sep 24, 09 11:04 AM
Sometimes I want a game that is just plain fun and this game is! I give the creators points for creativity and voices that sound as if the characters are real. It may be a simple HOG, but after the very long, very dry period here, any game has a chance for a good review, but IMHO, this game deserves the good review I give it! After playing additional areas, I am a bit disappointed that the same scenes are being used a second time, meaning that some hidden objects have been found once before. This does detract from my overall opinion of the game, but I would still recommend it for those wanting a straight forward HOG.

Edited on 09/24/2009 at 1:49:08 PM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Sep 24, 09 11:09 AM
I love this game really cool fun 2 play.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 24, 09 11:31 AM
I quite like this game after playing the demo...
-- it's easy overall but I found it enjoyable
-- the graphics are a little fuzzy but acceptable
-- I like the characters and the overall story
-- the voice-overs are great and I haven't turned off the music yet (don't think I will)
-- the mini-games are mostly concentration/memory games and jigsaw puzzles
-- the hint button - well, I haven't had to use it - so that gives you an idea on the difficulty of the game
-- the hidden object screens are junk pile - which, like other people, are not my favorite
-- but after receiving items for solving the hidden object screens you go back to adventure-type puzzles where you need to find hot spots and use the objects - these were the parts I liked the most because I tend to like this type of game-play
-- I am going to buy the game and finish it out

Edited on 09/25/2009 at 9:31:46 PM PST

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Sep 24, 09 11:32 AM
This is a buy for me, I have played 20 mins of the demo. I am even reading the story, which is something for me, as I usually skip it. This is a little bit different, I like putting the objects into the scene. I will give this and to answer I have had no problems with this game tubergal, pointer works great.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Sep 24, 09 1:36 PM
I did download the trial and played a few minutes but I didn't finish it. The game is very colorful, I love the talking peacock and I really enjoy HOG/Adventure games, but, as with many of the games that are made, it deals with the occult, which really disappoints me. I don't understand why so many of the games seem to have something relating to witchcraft and the occult. Yet, it seems there would be a real objection to anything with a Biblical story as a theme. I wish I knew why. Oh, well. Anyway, due to the reasons given, I won't be buying this one. At least this one had occult references in the first part of the game, so you know. I have purchased games that didn't have any reference to that subject until later, after the trial period ended.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Sep 24, 09 2:00 PM
I really like this game and I bought it. It isn't as easy later on in the game so perhaps it's best not to judge that part based on just the demo. The graphics weren't grainy on my flat screen monitor either. Voices were appropriate for the character's image as well. There's hidden objects to find and also interactive problems to solve (like fix the carriage) plus there are two types of matching pairs games that are designed to be easy. They use cards that are similar to Tarot but certainly not of the occult. More like love, strength, courage, etc.

At least it has a plot, never could figure out what the guy in Paelenka (sp?) was doing other than going in and out of portals. LOL, that one had a strange storyline, if any at all.

I give it 4 fins up.

[Post New]by auntharriet on Sep 24, 09 3:17 PM
played about 25 minutes.Liked what i saw. I like people to talk,so that is a plus for me.The story seems good.
Graphics great....cheked out what you guys thought---looks like a buy for me. Yah! haven't had a buy since Drawn!

[Post New]by briteredlips on Sep 24, 09 3:23 PM
Just finished the demo of this game, love it, love it, love it! Nice graphics, generous hints, and a challenge. This game is worthy of a game credit, (which I will use), and therefore, I give it a Thumbs Up

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Sep 24, 09 3:31 PM
How long did it take to complete?

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Sep 24, 09 3:36 PM
How long did it take to complete?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 24, 09 6:46 PM
michelle_hdpc wrote:How long did it take to complete?

It probably took me probably between 3-4 hours. To judge how long it will take you play the demo, note which area you are on, look at the walk though.

Edited on 09/24/2009 at 6:47:01 PM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Sep 24, 09 6:50 PM
Beautiful game I am really enjoying playing this game. I like the set up with the game.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Sep 24, 09 7:17 PM
I started it as my 3rd demo tonight, figuring I would play about 15 min. and quit. Well I palyed the 60 min. and just bought it lol. So far it is a stress free easy game but I am enjoying it. It just has that something. My only real complaint so far is that I wish the so called mini games were more like real mini games (if that makes any sense) Anyway, great nightime game to play and I am liking it.

cheers
miss clairol
p.s. happy 250th Sir Arthur Guinness!

[Post New]by tina254 on Sep 24, 09 8:33 PM
I really liked this game it was different i also forgot time and went on ahead and finished the game i cant wait for a part 2.

Thumbs up

Edited on 09/24/2009 at 8:34:51 PM PST

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Sep 24, 09 8:55 PM
Just finished this game and like most here I loved it - great relaxing HOG.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Sep 24, 09 9:17 PM
as soon as i started to play the game i knew i had to have it. love the graphics, the voices are excellent and the music is nice. like the idea of finding objects, putting back in place, and finding what is needed to complete the scene. not a hard hog but very nice and relaxing.

i give this 1/2

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Sep 24, 09 9:52 PM
I usually wait for poodlebear to review before I decide to purchase or not, but with this one I had made up my mind after the first fifteen minutes. I knew I would buy this one. Then low and behold, it got the poodlebear approval. Yeah

Go to: