Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Save Halloween: City of Witches here

[Post New]by merrymagic on Oct 23, 15 11:05 AM
Running on a PC Windows 10. At level 50 I ran out of time and completed game at same moment. Game let me play on . . . but pumpkins never lit since then. I played to level 86 where board will not expand even though I cleared all tiles . . . left 62 tiles on un-expanded board. Really like this game . . . hope you can fix it!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 23, 15 2:36 PM
salad3- I was having the same problem with super slow gameplay and after I updated shockwave player the game now works. Give it a try

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 24, 15 10:58 AM
Mhatfie, that is an awesome suggestion! I update everything regularly, but Shockwave isn't used as much anymore and doesn't update automatically, it seems, so I forget about it sometimes. I'm going to try it and I'll post again to let everyone know if it helped.

UPDATE: Shockwave didn't help me, but I did see that there is a Flash player update, so going to try that next. I'm using Windows 8.1 on a 64-bit PC.

UPDATE 2: Flash Player update didn't do it either. However, either or both of these fixes might help some of the people with the slow down issue. It may be dependent on your OS, so they're worth a try.

One thing I have noticed is that if I'm reeeeally patient, the levels will load eventually, but it's veeeeeery slooooow. Once I have all the goals showing and click on that box to start the level, it usually plays fine at the normal speed. In my case, the levels are just very slow to load up initially.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 12:04:13 PM PST

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 25, 15 6:32 AM
I've reached the dreaded Level 86 and as so many others have reported, it will not expand and I am stuck there. Has anyone had any response from Tech about a patch?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 25, 15 12:35 PM
I found something else that helps if the game is playing slowly. It doesn't fix it altogether, but it has certainly sped up my game. The BFG Game Manager seems to slow the game down. Here's what I've been doing and it has helped a lot on the last 6 levels and a HOS:

To start the game, open the BFG Game Manager and click play. Once the game starts up, but before you start a level, Alt-Tab and close the BFG Game Manager. Then return to the game and begin your level. The game manager running in the background seems to add to the lag in the game.

If you don't know how to Alt-Tab, press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard, then tap Tab. Each time you tap Tab you'll be taken to one of your open programs. Let go of both keys when you see your desktop and the game manager.

For me the HOS's were beginning to load so slowly they were almost unplayable. I just played the first one since I began closing the game manager and it was still a little slow, but nothing like it had been before.

I don't know it will help for those stuck at level 86, but I'll let you know when I get there.

UPDATE: I successfully completed level 86, though it played painfully slowly. I'm on level 88 now and it's still slow, but speeds up every time I close the BFG Game Manager.

FINAL UPDATE: I was able to play all 100 levels after closing the BFG Game Manager while playing. I even tried starting a level and then closing the GM and the game sped up as soon as I closed it. No idea why, but it worked for me. Hopefully, it will help someone else, too.

Edited on 10/25/2015 at 4:50:31 PM PST

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Oct 27, 15 3:31 PM
Level 57 - game freezes and error violation. will not let me advance. It's a shame - I was having fun with this game

[Post New]by Terry1969 on Oct 29, 15 6:03 AM
Level 8 won't expand for me so I'm stuck with 31 tiles and get passed it. My time runs out because I've tried everything to try to get it to expand.

[Post New]by dcutair on Oct 31, 15 1:11 PM
I played through level 13, then clicked 14 pumpkin. but 15 showed up. i played it several times and cleared all of the candles and tiles. but there were no more to clear. i read these prior posts but did not see any fixit posts. I look forward to see the rest of the game. HP lap top

[Post New]by retirement54 on Oct 31, 15 1:41 PM
I too was stuck on level 86. I tried all the suggestions but none worked. I noticed a lot of players like me were playing timed. I started over as a new player at the relaxed. I was able to complete all levels without a problem.

deader
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by deader on Oct 31, 15 9:54 PM
IF YOU ARE STUCK AND THE GAME PLAYS IN SLOW MOTION CHANGE YOUR NVIDIA SETTING TO BEST PERFORMANCE-MINE FINALLY WORKS AGAIN

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 1, 15 8:11 AM
deader wrote:IF YOU ARE STUCK AND THE GAME PLAYS IN SLOW MOTION CHANGE YOUR NVIDIA SETTING TO BEST PERFORMANCE-MINE FINALLY WORKS AGAIN

Deader, that may be the best piece of advice I've seen for this game. Thank you!

I adjusted my NVIDIA 3D settings for best performance and the game did indeed speed up considerably. It's still not perfect, but it's a LOT better. Thanks, again!

[Post New]by SeansMom62 on Nov 1, 15 5:39 PM
Having the same issue everyone else is having -- get to a certain point and tiles no longer advance. I've had it happen twice. Rebooting is not helping me. I even made a new profile and started over. Happened on different levels for the different profiles. I am on Windows 8.1. Please post a fix for this as this is otherwise a good game.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Nov 4, 15 2:39 AM
anyone getting any helpful fixes from tech support or anywhere else? everyone needs to contact support so maybe we can get a fix!!! thanks fishes.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 5, 15 8:47 AM
The best fix I've gotten was from Deader. If you have Nvidia graphics, you might want to read her post above. I still have to close the BFG Game Manager when I play, too. Doing both, the game has been playing fairly well. It still loads each level slowly, but once its loaded and I click to play, it's been playing normally.

That said, even when it was playing abysmally slowly, I got all the scenes to load with the monsters. If you have missing monsters, then I'm not sure what the issue is, though I think it's still graphics related.

[Post New]by cdlc54 on Nov 8, 15 1:30 PM
At level 28, game will not load, computer says game "crashed". Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, still not working. Let me further clarify, game starts up, I go to play, when I select to play level 28, it open but no "game" shown. Have to ctrl/alt/del to get game to close. Help please!

janielu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by janielu2 on Nov 9, 15 3:11 PM
Everyone having trouble with level 86. I get down to 62 also and nothing else opens up. No blue ball or anything like that to drop or hit any kind of monster with. Please fix.

[Post New]by Mz_Kitty on Nov 17, 15 5:18 AM
Running WIN 10, 64 bit system Game loads slow. Same issues as everyone else. I haven't seen any replies or fixes from BFG. How about some help with these issues?

Edited on 11/17/2015 at 5:20:05 AM PST

uknlv
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by uknlv on Nov 19, 15 9:13 AM
Stuck on level 86 now as well, come on Big Fish Tech, we spend enough money on these games. At least we expect problems to be fixed in a timely manner!!!!

[Post New]by MrsElectkatt on Dec 4, 15 11:04 AM
What is the point of having a place to post TECH ISSUES if a TECH never answers?

My game keeps crashing at level 26

with a Message
"Access violation at 0X00668087 (tried to write to 0X00007E30) program terminated"

and yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 4, 15 6:15 PM
MrsElectkatt wrote:What is the point of having a place to post TECH ISSUES if a TECH never answers?

My game keeps crashing at level 26

with a Message
"Access violation at 0X00668087 (tried to write to 0X00007E30) program terminated"

and yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game

Sadly techs never answer in these forums. I really wish they would, as it's pretty standard for techs to reply at any other game forum I've gone to.

What you'll need to do is contact BFG customer service. It's not a bad idea to download and run a Dr. Felix report and attach it to your tech support request. They'll ask you to do that anyway, so you'll save some time by just doing it in the beginning. Good luck!

Go to: