sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Oct 18, 15 10:57 PM

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 11:20:56 AM PST

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Oct 19, 15 3:45 AM

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 12:54:05 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 20, 15 1:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

In light of recent posts, I need to stop by with a reminder regarding this thread, which is reserved for reviews of Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition only.

As outlined in bfgBellerophon's post, the guidelines for designated review threads are the following:

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

In order for these review threads to continue, these guidelines need to be observed.

In addition, the Forum Rules also need to be followed, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Thank you for your understanding,

bfgWaimea

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Oct 21, 15 1:04 PM
No, no and no: I am sorry to say I purchased this game after the demo try. It seemed passable and I like this developer, oh BTW,
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

I do find this rather an odd request as it is hard to critique a game without some critiquing of the company that developed what I would consider a less than stellar attempt at a game.

So the game:
1) accents probably matter to those who use sound, I do not but that does not mean it is not important to stay true to the game ambiance.
2) it is unfortunate to say "predictable" because all of the games are. Of the ones I have purchased there have never been any surprise endings I can remember. The graphics were fine but the puzzles were too simple. Trust me I do not care to skip puzzles but then I do not want my intelligence insulted either and these were just a little of that.
3) After taking all the time to develop the scenes we were never able to interact with them. You merely looked for whatever, found it and went on.
4) Now morphing objects were easily found but no matter, they are distracting to me when playing a game. Don't need them if they do not move the game forward.
So the story line seemed lame and you can see the set up for "more to come". If that is the case, please make it a game for grown-ups.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 13, 15 6:28 PM
Hi all. Not sure how I managed to miss this when the CE came out, but I sure did. As usual, others have done a much better review of the story than I can, so I just review the game play and extras. Game play is excellent, no problems with any part of it. Graphics are very clear and animation is well done. The colors are nice, although there is some blues...it's night, so it would be blue. We will see what happens when the sun comes up. I was disappointed in the voice overs. This takes place in Munich...where are the accents? Music was pretty nice, but still turned it down.

HOPs were the usual combination of interactive lists and silhouettes. They are fairly clean and the items are not difficult to find. Puzzles were not hard. I do find the "combo" puzzles frustrating sometimes, but the one I found in this game was pretty simple. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport to longer locations. I like how you had to accomplish multiple tasks in each location and not just one here and one there, so there isn't really a lot of back tracking. Jump map is nice and areas are clearly marked and identified. Again, I don't waste my time with the SG, except to make sure I have all the collectibles. I sometimes get so engrossed in a game that I forget to look for them.

Achievements are many and nothing new. Lots of collectibles, e.g., 13 tarot cards, 19 Chimera and 27 morphing items. Nothing is hard to find, you just have to remember to look for it.

This game is not all that challenging, but I liked it. You are constantly on the move and frequently interact with the characters in the game. I like this one well enough to get the CE version, but I will hold off for a really good sale. The addition of the secret room and the ability to pick up missed collectibles is always a plus for me. I think all levels of players will find this one interesting.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 21, 16 8:36 PM
Really mixed feelings about this one.
This was an OK game and I was enjoying it since it was varied and not a grey-matter cooker I was not in a hurry to get it over with by parking on the 'hint button' knowing that this is a CE I knew there was more at the end of the game.
BUT when I got into the extra game's ending anything I enjoyed was gone with the final and last mini-game where we fight the "boss"
I bought and played a hidden object game and the end of it was not a traditional ending!!!
I will admit that I liked the hidden room and achievements but ....
....SPOILER
please don't read if you haven't played it...
Dad-gum marble popper that took several hours for me to win at., That the developers seemed to assume we all have great mice and co-ordination and throw this at us is simply IMHO thoughtless! When I buy a CE Hidden Object Game I thought it would stay that way especially when I want to complete all the 'goodies'
End of spoiler.
So, this time i'm giving it a outta 5

Played on a new PC desktop running Windows 10 with no tech problems.

Edited on 02/21/2016 at 8:40:03 PM PST

[Post New]by aberdman on Jul 24, 16 4:41 PM
Finished the regular game but it will not take me to the bonus game. It says you must finish the regular game to access the bonus content but I have done that. I am slowly getting ready to leave BF Games because too many games fail and the customer help is easily the worst I have ever seen. Forms after forms after forms that all must be filled absolutely correctly or you start over again. This may be efficient for BF but not for the loyal, paying customers. I don't even try using the so-called customer help section, just too time consuming and difficult. Also BF has not been able to resolve my issue with the site not recognizing already purchased games. Several tries that resulted in me being told to strip my iPad of all stored passwords and re-entering all of them over again. I am not going to spend untold hours researching and re-entering them. I asked that this problem be escalated to the technical team. NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD!!! That is not my idea of customer service. So I am leaving BF Games. Sorry, you couldn't take better care of your customers!!!

Go to: