snickums
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Stuck on level 19

[Post New]by snickums on Oct 18, 15 2:52 PM
I am at level 19 after I clear all of the cards on level 1, then it just sits there. Tried restarting etc. No help. The rest of the game to this point was flawless. This happened after I cleared all 3 levels but didn't get the 3 spades so I restarted, then it got stuck on level 1. Hope this is clear.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead here

[Post New]by streamTree on Oct 18, 15 10:08 PM

everyone already knows this
but i am typing it in anyways
cause i like to complain haha

the keys don't work properly

but i still love the game

gsdogs
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by gsdogs on Oct 19, 15 2:13 PM
watched the video and went back into game and still the locks won't open They quiver and shake but not open to bad but no sale

Giji
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Giji on Oct 19, 15 5:50 PM
Level 22, round 1 of 3: once I clear all the cards from round 1, the screen does not repopulate with the next round of cards. I cannot move forward.

[Post New]by Zaiya222 on Oct 19, 15 10:05 PM
I am also stuck on level 21 where the game will not dish out new cards once the previous round has been cleared. I will try clicking on the task book as others here have suggested, but if there is another fix or patch, please let me know.

Otherwise, love the game

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 20, 15 3:20 AM
Giji wrote:Level 22, round 1 of 3: once I clear all the cards from round 1, the screen does not repopulate with the next round of cards. I cannot move forward.
The same happens to me but level 19 so sad bought it now can't go forward

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Oct 20, 15 10:07 AM
Me too. Stuck on level 18. After I fulfill the goal and clear the cards in round 1, it doesn't go to round 2. Help! I want to keep playing!!!

I did click on the book when it flashes too. That doesn't seem to do the trick.

EDIT: Okay, I got out of the game and got back in and I was able to go to round 2 and finally finish that level. I would hate to have to do that on a regular basis though.

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 10:14:46 AM PST

[Post New]by Kenyoni on Oct 21, 15 1:57 PM
same problem as many others. on level 19 I complete tasks, empty the board, but it won't start the next round.

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Oct 21, 15 3:56 PM
When I played Chapter One, I did get the lollipop, but the book did not register that I had. So, I played Chapter One two more times and I never got the lollipop again.

Now I have a page that says Chapter One - Find Valencia's Lollipop on page 7 of the book.

Anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by CezarW on Oct 21, 15 6:18 PM
Hey guys! We really sorry for all the issues you’re having with our game.

Yesterday (Oct, 20) we have sent to BFG an update to fix these issues. Hope soon this update will be available for you.
Thank you.

[Post New]by Zaiya222 on Oct 23, 15 5:35 PM
Thank you for the update CezarW, much appreciated!

I've found that if you completely shut the game down and restart and finish the level, you can progress. Basically, the first game when you start the game seems to work correctly, then if you fail and don't progress past that level, the bug starts where you clear 1 round and the next round will not populate the cards.

So, those people stuck on a level, if you're desperate... you can close completely down and restart the game and the level and hope you get through it!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 26, 15 2:50 PM
Level 84 - can't compete it. There is a vine covered card in round 3 in the lower left that I cannot remove. Have started this level over 3 or 4 times and still have this problem. Anyone else run into this one? And where is our update?

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Oct 31, 15 4:51 PM
Glitch city--when you buy the open slot, you can't flip cards to continue and complete 3rd level of level 28 and game freezes. When will the revision become available on Big Fish? Very disappointed!

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Nov 1, 15 11:40 AM
coachman wrote:
krinneyd wrote:okay so a few times the game has quit continuing on to the next level after I removed all the cards on the screen....then it would just stop. I tried to go out to the map and come back and it would reset the level. This wasn't so bad when I had enough money to just rebuy all the items I used to clear the level, but after 4 times of this happening at levels 21, 38, one other I can't remember and finally level 72...where I ran out of money and 5 times I tried to go out and come back and the level would reset. Do you how hard it is to get 5 clubs in a row!??? I'm down to 102 dollars and you can't buy anything with that. but every time (5 times in a row) I would get the 5 clubs and clear the cards it would just stop....no new set of cards for the next level. I can't go further and don't want to if it keeps freezing. This is not an easy game....I don't want to restart after getting level 72. At least not today. I am using pc windows 10. It seems this is an issue for quite a few players. Please fix. I am relatively new to the solitaire games, this is my 3rd purchase and was enjoying them until this.

My wife had same problem, I found that if you open task book bottom right hand corner every time it flashes to tell you a task is complete solves the problem & the game plays fine.

umm well, I have no task book bottom on the bottom right hand side....so that's not going to help me....

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 2, 15 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game. Thank you to players that have offered their hints and suggestions.

If you are experiencing freezing issues as well as trouble progressing, please look at the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still running into issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to help further troubleshoot. The support team also has the tools to be able to keep track of and report these issues to the appropriate team.

I hope this helps. Reach out to a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by lori1171963 on Nov 5, 15 11:53 AM
windows 10
serval times cards freeze and will not turn over, key would not open locks.
I did restart game and got through it but still have same problems throught game

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Nov 5, 15 7:50 PM
jpabich wrote:Me too. Stuck on level 18. After I fulfill the goal and clear the cards in round 1, it doesn't go to round 2. Help! I want to keep playing!!!

I did click on the book when it flashes too. That doesn't seem to do the trick.

EDIT: Okay, I got out of the game and got back in and I was able to go to round 2 and finally finish that level. I would hate to have to do that on a regular basis though.

I'm having the same issues as you. When it happened earlier in the game I was finally able to get out of it by doing some of the things suggested. What also helped was the bug fix. However I'm now playing the game on WT and am on level 18 having the very same issues and nothing will work. Very disappointed that this game (on any game engine) has so many bugs that keep me from playing further.

Edited on 11/11/2015 at 5:53:54 PM PST

[Post New]by lori1171963 on Nov 8, 15 10:30 AM
On level 53 and can not go any further, I clear all cards, but it will not go on to second level, please, fix, i hate buying something usless

[Post New]by eponalives on Dec 5, 15 12:18 PM
The player's comment about the lock and key being a screen resolution issue was my problem. This game was slow, quirky and in no way could I get the key to unlock. I switched to window mode and then picked the key up in the center, touched it to the connecting bar on top of the lock (as someone else advised) and the lock opened immediately. The second key opened the lock as soon as I touched the key.

Whoever put the little "unlock video" up, that was helpful, too. After watching that, I realized the game was not playing/loading at all properly. Once I went to window mode, everything sped right up like in the video. I am playing on a Vista-era laptop so I'm not surprised I have issues. Thanks everyone for your input!

[Post New]by kathyh62 on Dec 14, 15 12:45 AM
goldenpixie1 wrote:Windows 7

I'm finding that when you use the key power up to unlock the extra draw pile - if you run out of matches, you cannot turn a card over from the face down pile. The game doesn't give you any notice that there are no matches or that you've lost or anything. Only choice is to go out to the main menu and start the level over.

Was it designed to do this or am I supposed to be able to turn over a face down card once there are two face up piles?

Go to: