Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:What an update -- new Passport

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 22, 15 12:18 PM
Yes! Really enjoying the new features. I didn't realise I had missed some intern
levels back in earlier cities so have been going back and earning good rewards for completing those!

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Oct 22, 15 8:36 PM
Sportspaz, London 99 is also a great level to replay for resources--hats and pink gems (not bricks.). You'll win 9 times out of 10, and get scads of resources. Enjoy!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Oct 23, 15 1:13 AM
I agree - this is a great update! Good timing too, with the game getting harder and so many of us being discouraged and ready to delete. I appreciated the gold and boosts! I was down to about $200 coins and wasn't going to be able to buy the resources to build at level 20 in Rio.

"Completing" a city means you have to build and upgrade all resouce marts, and build a resource port and upgrade it to the highest level. Big coins to do all that.

If anyone does that, let us know what the reward is! I'm curious to know if it's worth it.

Pixiecloud
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by Pixiecloud on Oct 23, 15 10:18 AM
lawaters wrote:
"Completing" a city means you have to build and upgrade all resouce marts, and build a resource port and upgrade it to the highest level. Big coins to do all that.

If anyone does that, let us know what the reward is! I'm curious to know if it's worth it.

I am curious too, building all the resource marts and upgrading them in Sydney is a total waste of coins, unless you get a huge pay out!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 23, 15 3:36 PM
I looked at Sydney and I reckon it would cost me about 10,000 to "complete" that city! To upgrade all the resource centres, build the final one would be far too much cost and I certainly don't have that sort of money available. In Tokyo the upgrading wouldn't cost so much but it looks like I would have to get 6 helping hands that I don't want so I can't see the point unless the rewards are absolutely enormous !

Pixiecloud
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by Pixiecloud on Oct 23, 15 6:35 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:I looked at Sydney and I reckon it would cost me about 10,000 to "complete" that city! To upgrade all the resource centres, build the final one would be far too much cost and I certainly don't have that sort of money available. In Tokyo the upgrading wouldn't cost so much but it looks like I would have to get 6 helping hands that I don't want so I can't see the point unless the rewards are absolutely enormous !

Exactly what I said, Australia isn't worth to spend all those coins for resource marts and extend them to max since you can't use those resources for drilling and you can only ship 15k and not 1 Milian or at least a few hundred thousand...

Would like to know what reward was given for completing Australia..

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Oct 24, 15 3:35 AM
I agree it's probably not worthwhile to complete a city since it would cost a lot to play all the cards, for resources you can't even use, except to ship in small batches. It would even be expensive to get master builder for some levels.

But I do enjoy going back to easier cities to complete architect level, and even a couple of missed intern levels in San Francisco earned me coins and boosters when I finished them.

One thing I dislike is when you go to the list of cities on the right, it always scrolls down to the current city. I would prefer the old behaviour when it remained on the city you are in now. When I am going through all the cities one by one to ship resources, I don't like having to scroll up to find the next city to ship from.

Besides that, the update is great! The passport and the flood of coins and boosters was a lovely surprise.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Oct 24, 15 4:19 AM
You get a bunch of stuff when you do the master level clear. Appx 450 coins, a whole bunch of boosts (I got 3 lightnings, earth quakes, shuffles, actually, the boosts were probably valued at 500 coins at the master level). So you are looking at a 1000 value coin won on that level. At least this has been my experience. The architect level, 240 coins and maybe 250 boost value, so approx 500 coin value? I did one intern, and that was about 250 coin value.

I think to make the "completed" city worth the effort, you would need at least 10,000 in prizes.

canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Oct 24, 15 6:57 AM
I was close to completing Tokyo so, for curiosity's sake, I completed the city. I earned just over 1300 coins (which didn't cover the expense of purchasing the unnecessary helping hands cards and the full upgrades to the resource ports and the shipping port), 8 sand-generator square removal boosts, 2 earthquake boosts, and 2 lightning strike boosts. So, I don't think I will bother with fully completing other cities. I will, however, work patiently at completing all the levels to earn the coin bonuses.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Oct 24, 15 7:11 AM
Thanks for taking one for the team, canuck. Your sacrifice is duly noted. You are a man among men (or women, whichever....)

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Oct 25, 15 5:21 PM
InI regard to the update. It listed as Budapest update and includes the Passbook and travel vouchers. When you click on the world icon you will see at the top of screen a number. Some seem to refer to them as points or coins, but I believe they are travel vouchers and after you reach a certain number you will be able to travel to a city of choice, not necessarily the next one. May be jjust the one city and I have not been able to determine how many voucher points it takes. I am just beginning Paris and have exactly 1000 points. If anyone know the number needed please post. Thanks Tom

What an update -- new Passport

[Post New]by comewhatmay on Oct 25, 15 6:34 PM
snowmanvt wrote:If you haven't received today's update, you must do so. The new passport feature
Will take some time to get use to but appears to be very helpful and does give a bonanza of gold coins. Let's hear your opinions on the new interface.

I think it will help new users.

The passport does NOT give out gold coins.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Oct 25, 15 9:17 PM
Still no sign of a passport in my game. Did it just appear for those of you who have it, or do you have to do something to get it?

Major_Mom
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Major_Mom on Oct 26, 15 3:10 AM
It comes with the update. I had to go to App Store & download new update.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Oct 26, 15 7:22 PM
Thank you, Major Mom! I was about to feel sorry for myself when I took your advice and searched the App Store for a GD update. I now have a passport. Thanks so much!

Go to: