shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 19, 15 6:41 PM
27" iMac running OS 11 El Capitan -- Wonky cursor changing from system hand to game's custom hand makes game play unpleasant.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Quailridge on Oct 19, 15 7:01 PM
Same issue with the bonus chapter. Get to the castle gates and either cursor doesn't respond at all or is soooooo slow can't play. Was fine until the Bonus Chapter. Running Mac desktop, El Capitan.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by debopaints on Oct 19, 15 9:53 PM
pmax7 wrote:iMac
OS X 10.9.5

Game, [graphics, video, display, etc.] ran seamlessly until Bonus Game Play, specifically: At The Castle where game decelerates lower than "painful". [Although game is still responding, force quit is best option, as navigation is near to impossible. ]

Trouble-shooting:

• Uninstalled game and any/all associated files [i.e., ~/library/application support/dark romance, ~/downloads, etal]
• Re-install [/applications]
• Replay game -- same issue, same place

• Installed Game Manager [~/applications], downloaded game and played in another [admin] user account : issue occurs both user directories

Please Note: Game does not crash and played exceptionally well up until specific location.

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

Same issue! running Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite

[Post New]by OSUntlCHAMPS on Oct 21, 15 9:10 AM
Running Windows 8 and yes can't get through gate either. This is 3rd Collectors Edition I have not been able to finish and waste of money when they are not fixing these issues and obviously they are glitches in the game if different operating systems have same issues.

The trouble shooting tips that keep getting posted do no good this is not anything to do with our computers and I am tired of being told to play the whole game over again to get to the same part that doesn't work.

I have ran felix and sent in messages but for some reason Big Fish support has not been giving us any options and as a matter of fact it was insulting that they are not even reading the issues just sending out information on Windows 10 which my first thing was to let them know I am not running Windows 10 and than no response after that.

After years of good support and great games Big Fish is going downhill fast but with this continuing will run us all of to one of the other many game sites which is a shame when some of us have been with Big Fish since almost the beginning.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 21, 15 10:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. I'm sorry that players are experiencing issues with this game.

If you are having trouble progressing in this game, we do recommend to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Since we don't have the tools to help troubleshoot via the forums, we suggest certain Help pages, as these may contain great hints to help resolve issues that players are experiencing.

Thank you to players for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far. if the issues still persist, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to help further troubleshoot.

OSUntlCHAMPS, we were unable to locate a ticket that is associated with the email address and username you are using. Please contact our Technical Support Team so that they can work with you in getting things up and running as it should. If you do receive an automated response, please be sure to reply directly to that email so that a representative can provide a more personalized response. This will also ensure that you do not lose your place in line.

Thank you everyone for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by draegonflye on Oct 21, 15 9:44 PM
Same issue, same trouble-shooting, same problem still! I'm running OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite).

OS X 10.9.5

Game, [graphics, video, display, etc.] ran seamlessly until Bonus Game Play, specifically: At The Castle where game decelerates lower than "painful". [Although game is still responding, force quit is best option, as navigation is near to impossible. ]

Trouble-shooting:

• Uninstalled game and any/all associated files [i.e., ~/library/application support/dark romance, ~/downloads, etal]

• Installed Game Manager [~/applications], downloaded game and played in another [admin] user account : issue occurs both user directories

Please Note: Game does not crash and played exceptionally well up until specific location.

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Oct 24, 15 4:00 AM
Most of us, from what I see, aren't having problems with crashing, freezing or blank screens. It's a programming issue with the game, so going to the HELP pages isn't going to HELP! Just tell the programmers to fix it... meanwhile, I'll just stand here outside the gates, holding my apples.

[Post New]by GinaBThinagain on Oct 24, 15 2:23 PM
OS X 10.9.5

Trouble-shooting:

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

I am having the same issue, running Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan. Everything breezed through smoothly on the main part of the game, it is only the Bonus game that slows down "painfully" and eventually freezes up the computer. All of my Adobe Flash and Shockwave are up to date, as is everything else suggested.

Again, no issues at all until the Bonus Game.

nlowe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by nlowe on Oct 28, 15 2:17 AM
I cannot collect the tiles in the hidden object. Hint says there is nothing to do here and then when I leave and press hint it tells me to go back to the HO with the tiles. I am on Windows 10.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared my cache, etc.

Edited on 10/28/2015 at 2:18:36 AM PST

nlowe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by nlowe on Oct 28, 15 10:00 AM
cheekyoops wrote:I haven't played a HO game for quite a while now, they have gotten too boring. But, since this one isn't from eipix or elephant games, I decided to try it . I was enjoying it and I'm very close to the end of the main game.

I played a hidden object scene in the Bailey. After I found all of the items, 5 orange pieces appeared. Maybe puzzle pieces ? Nothing happens when I click on them . The hint button tells me there is nothing to do . I leave the HO scene, and the hint button tells me to go to the HO scene.

Has anybody else had this problem ?

I uninstalled and reinstalled .

Looks like I'll have to file this under 'another game I can't finish.'

smg521
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by smg521 on Oct 29, 15 10:31 AM
I also have the problem of the orange tiles appearing; when you press the "hint" button, it states that there is nothing more to do at this time. I really enjoyed this game and hate that I cannot finish! Please tell us how to fix this problem.

gyanda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gyanda on Oct 31, 15 6:47 AM
OSUntlCHAMPS wrote:Running Windows 8 and yes can't get through gate either. This is 3rd Collectors Edition I have not been able to finish and waste of money when they are not fixing these issues and obviously they are glitches in the game if different operating systems have same issues.

The trouble shooting tips that keep getting posted do no good this is not anything to do with our computers and I am tired of being told to play the whole game over again to get to the same part that doesn't work.

I have ran felix and sent in messages but for some reason Big Fish support has not been giving us any options and as a matter of fact it was insulting that they are not even reading the issues just sending out information on Windows 10 which my first thing was to let them know I am not running Windows 10 and than no response after that.

After years of good support and great games Big Fish is going downhill fast but with this continuing will run us all of to one of the other many game sites which is a shame when some of us have been with Big Fish since almost the beginning.

I second everything you wrote. Send them my Dr. Felix results already with the first mail. Did only receive a text-module-based email, no human being behind that anymore, it seems... if they really shut down this outstanding service, i am going to look for another place to buy games, unfortunately...

[Post New]by Beachbound10 on Oct 31, 15 9:42 AM
Hi, l like others am having the screen issue. I am not apt to move my settings as I've never had this issue before so I guess it's just this game. Shame, it seemed fun.
Windows 8 is what have. Love BigFish though!

Cahira
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Cahira on Nov 1, 15 2:59 PM
I'm also having trouble getting through the gates and I have the basket of apples. The strange thing is that my parents played the game before I did and had no trouble with the game at all. Hopefully, something can be done to fix the issue. I've enjoyed the game so far and would really like to finish it.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Nov 1, 15 8:50 PM
debopaints wrote:
OS X 10.9.5

Trouble-shooting:

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

Same issue! running Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Nov 2, 15 7:28 AM
sweet4grease wrote:Most of us, from what I see, aren't having problems with crashing, freezing or blank screens. It's a programming issue with the game, so going to the HELP pages isn't going to HELP! Just tell the programmers to fix it... meanwhile, I'll just stand here outside the gates, holding my apples.

Same for the Mac problem in the Bonus game -- HELP pages don't help when it's clearly a programming problem..

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Nov 2, 15 12:33 PM
Bonus Game:

Cannot get through the gate with a Basket of Apples.

According to the Strategy Guide, a Basket full of Apples is needed in order to get through the gate.

The 1st time I knocked on the gate, the Guard talked and shut the gate door. I cannot get the gate door to open again.

As of right now, I am stuck at the gate will a Basket of Apples and cannot finish the Bonus Game.

Not a happy person

Just wanted to add that I'm running on a Reg. PC with Win/8.1
I also reloaded the game.....still same "no gate access" problem.

I sent an email to Big Fish Customer Support about this Bonus Game GATE problem. Anyone else that has the same problem should also email them.

Edited on 11/02/2015 at 1:14:18 PM PST

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Nov 4, 15 12:53 PM
I got through the gate by giving it the basket of apples before knocking. However, I am now in the castle and only have one button for the vase and no mug. The Strategy Guide says they should be near the suit of armor. That no longer opens after I got the sword. The map does not list any areas with something to do, and Hints (annoyingly need to be recharged even after a negative search) has said there is nothing to do in every scene.

The Bonus game is unplayable.

hobo11
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by hobo11 on Nov 5, 15 12:53 PM
Using Windows Vista but can't see all the buttons only way I could get out of the game was to shut down. Sides don't show all the buttons. Changing resolution is not an option will not mess with that for one game and I have over 250 games from Big Fish.

hobo11
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by hobo11 on Nov 5, 15 1:32 PM
Went into Options clicked off the Full Screen and now it works but smaller than my screen ( little bit ) but am Happy I can play the game and see all the buttons. Love this game !!

Go to: