raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Re:10 Days To Save the World: The Adventures of Diana comments and reviews

[Post New]by raystownlady on Sep 28, 09 3:15 PM
JessF wrote:Fairyonpagasus

What was the name of the first game in the series?

Thanks. Jess

10 Days Under the Sea is the other one.I guess I'm in the minority here too because I didn't like either one of these enough to buy.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Sep 28, 09 3:28 PM
I just played the trial and found it likeable. It's bright and colorful. However, as others have said it is a pretty easy game, even for me, and I'm one who usually needs help (I haven't, yet, been able to finish RTR). I may buy it later as we're on a fixed income which determines how many games I get.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Sep 28, 09 4:26 PM
I haven't seen a review from SILLYFEET yet? I swear by POODLEBEARS and SILLYFEET'S!

I will be waiting lol

Miss Clairol

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Sep 28, 09 4:38 PM
I did buy this game and have finished it but found it frustrating at times - another one that has translation issues. Game is also extremely short. Enjoyed it on the whole.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Sep 28, 09 4:55 PM
Well, this is one I will not buy. The graphics were disappointing and the language deplorably bad. This could certainly use more polishing up and should not have been released yet. Doesn't anyone bother proofreading these things in order to avoid presenting such an amateurish-seeming game?

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 28, 09 5:14 PM
castellerin wrote:I haven't seen a review from SILLYFEET yet? I swear by POODLEBEARS and SILLYFEET'S!

I will be waiting lol

Miss Clairol

It's coming Miss Clairol. Had a busy day and have not yet had a chance to demo it but I am d/l now.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 28, 09 5:26 PM
This game will go on my "later" list...
-- I turned the music off right away
-- Pretty typical adventure/HOG
-- There aren't very good queues as to what to do next - lots of clicking and hovering to figure out but at least no penalties for clicking
-- Okay graphics on the interactive screens - having "amatuerish" watercolors on the cut screens didn't bother me - it does lower the bar in terms of an immersive user experience but it's more important to me for game designers to put effort into game play. But at least I could skip through the cut scenes quickly
-- As with most games, they needed a good editor to clean up the text ("Find pairs of animal pairs"... sounds like someone from the Department of Redundancy Department wrote this)
-- Really not a bad game at all - I am quite partial to adventure/HOGs
-- But will wait to buy later because I have my fingers crossed there are some great games coming out in October, which is just round the corner

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 28, 09 5:43 PM
raystownlady wrote:

10 Days Under the Sea is the other one.I

Thank you very much.

Jess

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Sep 28, 09 5:45 PM
I bought this game from another source and was also thrown buy the misuse of words like grits and receipt. I was also a little upset that it was so short. Other than that I really enjoyed playing it. It's not as cool as RTR, but it was something fun to pass the time.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Sep 28, 09 6:17 PM
A little short for me.....story line a little fragmented - and the ending was ?????? Sorry I wasted a credit on this one. What happend to games like Enlightenus, and Dream Chronicles ?

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Sep 28, 09 6:24 PM
JessF wrote:Fairyonpagasus

What was the name of the first game in the series?

Thanks. Jess

10 Days Under the Sea. I'm sorry, I just came back to check the thread.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 28, 09 6:28 PM
General: Untimed. Interactive HOG. Interesting storyline.
Graphics: Good, but there is a disconnect between the cut scenes and the active scenes..active scenes are sharp and clear, but cut scenes are sort of a blurry watercolor type graphic. Would have been better with actual spoken dialogue. Some scenes feature crawling bugs/flying bees which personally I found to be more of a distraction than a game enhancer.
Music: Slightly distracting, but otherwise okay.
HOG scenes: Very easy. No penalty for random clicks. Some translation errors ("grits" for stained glass???) upped the frustration factor.
Interactive scenes: Cursor will turn to a hand or eye where there is something to do. At times, game seems to "lead you by the hand" in telling you what you need to do next, instead of letting you figure it out yourself.
Mini-games: Very easy. The usual putting jigsaws together, unscrambling puzzles.
Hint System: Pinpoints exact location and items sparkle. Unlimited but take an excessively long time to recharge.
Length/Replayability: Length seems relatively short, based on the easy factor. The inventory items you need to find, as well as the puzzles will not change on replay, although the HOG lists might, so factor that into your "replayability" determination.
Overall Impression: I hate to give games bad reviews, and this wasn't a terrible game but it will not be a buy for me. Veteran HOG gamers will probably find the game a bit too easy and unsatisfying, although those new to the genre may enjoy it. Like I said, not a terrible game but it just "didn't do it" for me so I will have to take a pass on this one.

Edited on 09/28/2009 at 6:33:59 PM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Sep 28, 09 6:37 PM
Debbie387 wrote:I did buy this game and have finished it but found it frustrating at times - another one that has translation issues. Game is also extremely short. Enjoyed it on the whole.

It does seem to be extremely short. I too wish it were a bit longer, but I can see playing it again on a day when I'm looking for something relaxing to play. That gave it a replay value for me, so I put it on the buy side.

I used to just buy every HOGame that came down the pike. I don't do that anymore. I have to at least have enjoyed it enough to see myself wanting to play it again sometime. I may own a lot of games, but out of them there are only about 100 I have replayed, and there is only about half of that, that I've replayed more than once. Which is why now, I'll only buy what I think will have a high replay value for me.

[Post New]by WanderingPenguin on Sep 28, 09 7:20 PM
I agree that there was way too much hand-holding, but that's not what made us turn the game off within a few minutes: it was the ATROCIOUS grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Right off the top: "The Adventure's of Diana Salinger" was the main splash screen. "Adventure's"? With an apostrophe? Seriously? And it went downhill from there. (If you don't believe me, check the little square splash screen at the top of this page.)

Look, I don't care if people think I'm a grammar snob, there are a TON of great games on the open market these days. If you are a programmer who cannot spell or use simple punctuation, then get someone to do it for you. No sale.

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Sep 28, 09 8:04 PM
It's a No Sale for me too! The pictures were so unclear that I had to use hint after hint just to find the pieces of the statues. They looked just like all the other rocks in the picture. I didn't even finish the 1 hour trial - just uninstalled it. There are lot better games out there for your money.

I also tried Vampire Saga and Age of Oracles and they seem much better, so I might buy one of those.

Drawn is still my favorite lately, along with Princess Isabella, both of which I bought.

Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Rage74 on Sep 28, 09 8:11 PM
WanderingPenguin wrote:it was the ATROCIOUS grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Right off the top: "The Adventure's of Diana Salinger" was the main splash screen. "Adventure's"? With an apostrophe? Seriously?

Yep. I saw that and I was like, "Oh, crap."

The biggest issue for me was PLAUSIBILITY.

First, it's a scene out of "The Day After Tomorrow." Um...just how ARE we supposed to react to unpredictable natural disasters? (Aside from hiking from New York to Cancun.) If we could solve those weather problems, we would have been doing it already.

Next, Diana informs us that she went diving in the Mariana Trench wearing little more than a wetsuit and discovered this amulent. Also, it would seem that the Mariana Trench featured verandas and columns. Interesting architecture for the bottom of the ocean.

In any case, she has the amulet. And she's just been hanging onto it for a couple of years until it loses its patience with her poor grammar and begins to throw a tantrum, coinciding perfectly with the news report of the aforementioned natural disasters. Maybe the darned thing was upset that it was missing the season finale of "Lost."

Conveniently, her father is unavailable - one gets the feeling he had been sitting around the house until a week or so ago. She could have easily asked him about the stupid amulet at any time during the previous 2 years, but noooooo. She waits to think of THAT when he's not around.

No worries, that's what plot lines are for, right? So off we go to contact one of Dad's numerous colleagues. But wait! Oh my, it seems tragedy is befalling one after another of the Mayan experts! Dad and another dude are the only 2 left! I'd better warn him before...oh, here's an email. Some strange man wants to meet with him. Nothing suspicious about that at all - I'll go by myself in Dad's place and take the amulet with me to show him. I'm sure he'll have the answers I'm looking for, even though I don't have a freaking clue who he is.

And then Dad, upon first meeting this strange man, offers up the opinion that he'll one day be a great scientist. Yeah, if he doesn't get around to killing us all off and stealing the amulet first.

I gave up at that point and decided to go play Farm Frenzy.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Sep 28, 09 8:33 PM
Written by non-English speakers, leading to some rather hilarious syntax and grammatical errors and stilted or nonsensical dialog. I was a little dismayed that we went to Texas only to repair a car!? and that our first act upon reaching the Amazon was to get out our machete and chop everything down. We harassed bees for no reason and were generally not very nice explorers. It was about a 6 out of 10 on a good day.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Sep 28, 09 9:00 PM
Thanks for the reviews everyone (esp. pbear & sillyfeet) I am still playing vampire saga so I think I will hold off on this one.

Come on Sillyfeet, you are goiing to have to find a job with shorter hours so you can get your reveiws in like a newspaper deadline lol...............thnx

Miss Clairol

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Sep 28, 09 9:28 PM
Around 2 hrs of gametime? Hmmm, I'll probably skip it then.
Drawn is still my fave. It's gonna take a lot to top that one.

[Post New]by EugeneK on Sep 28, 09 10:01 PM
Hello all BigFishGames players! I want to tell gratitude words to all who leave comments on our game, good or bad. We are always looking for any comments to make our next games better. If you like something or don't like in this game please put your comment and be sure that we will read it and then we will do all to make our next title better, using your opinion.

We are Russian developers, so as I can read our English in the game is not perfect, so we asked our friends from USA, native speakers, to read all text, but as I can see we have some mistakes in language. So I want to say that we are working in this direction and we will try to make our next game perfect.

Thank you BigFishGames, our primary game portal, we are working firstly to bring our games to you all at BFG
If you have any questions or problems you can put it to BFG support team or you can send note to [E-mail removed by Moderator]
We will work to bring new interesting games to you using your help.
Best wishes!Thanks everyone!
FlyWheel Games

Go to: