oldcaptain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville technical issues

[Post New]by oldcaptain on Oct 12, 09 4:17 AM
I'd really like to play this game, but, after the download, it says "validating file" and then "installation failed". I've re-downloaded the installation file, but that's not making a difference.

All other BFG games run fne.

[Post New]by karieme on Oct 13, 09 8:30 AM
I am stuck, I believe, in the masters house at the punchcard machine. I put in a punchcard & pulled the lever, it gave me a punched card. However, it keeps taking me back to the bookcase & the punchcard machine but doesn't let me re-access the punchcard machine. I am trapped - HELP!

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Oct 13, 09 8:39 AM
Use the punch card at the bookcase to open it. As a lock. It will open to the basement.

[Post New]by Jellodog on Oct 13, 09 4:04 PM
I too am having technical problems with the game slowing to almost glacial. I've rebooted a couple of times but it doesn't help. I don't want to have to reinstall as I'm close to the end. How did you guys that were having similar problems solve them? I'm back in the theater where Felicia yells "Kill the detective!" and she just keeps yelling it!!

glowwind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by glowwind on Oct 14, 09 12:58 PM
My lists are exactly the same in every room every time I play, even under different names. Is this supposed to be this way? There are other objects. REALLY BORING - I don't need to look at the lists. Is this a technical problem or the basic design of the game? Thanks!

[Post New]by Kelsy19 on Oct 14, 09 3:27 PM
I played the first hidden object scene in the lobby, and everything was going well until the tutorial prompted me to enter the next room. My mouse will not work anywhere in the scene anymore...I can't even access the menu unless I Ctrl+Alt+Delete, start the Task Manager, and then click on the minimized bar for the game. Anyone else having the same problem? It's just a demo for me, so I'm not too upset, but I liked the graphics and was looking forward to an hour of playing.

[Post New]by pmassey on Oct 14, 09 6:36 PM
my computor cant read a file so it knocks me out of the game

[Post New]by grandpajeff on Oct 16, 09 6:09 PM
I am having a problem going around to the workshop. As soon as I click to go there the program dumps me out to the BF game screen. Any suggestions?
Love the game, want to play all of it though.

notesmom
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by notesmom on Oct 17, 09 6:41 PM
I don't know where to post this - the generator lever won't turn on lights in hallway, even tho' hand pulls it down - any suggestions?

[Post New]by doxie3 on Oct 19, 09 11:52 AM
Jellodog wrote:I too am having technical problems with the game slowing to almost glacial. I've rebooted a couple of times but it doesn't help. I don't want to have to reinstall as I'm close to the end. How did you guys that were having similar problems solve them? I'm back in the theater where Felicia yells "Kill the detective!" and she just keeps yelling it!!

[Post New]by doxie3 on Oct 19, 09 11:54 AM
Jellodog wrote:I too am having technical problems with the game slowing to almost glacial. I've rebooted a couple of times but it doesn't help. I don't want to have to reinstall as I'm close to the end. How did you guys that were having similar problems solve them? I'm back in the theater where Felicia yells "Kill the detective!" and she just keeps yelling it!!
i am having the sam problem... after felicia yells kill the detective my game freezes up and i cant go any further... dont know what to do... do not want to reload it if its not fixed.... someone help

[Post New]by lorimh on Oct 20, 09 5:42 PM
the game got stuck and quit playing for me in the theater when the puppet says "kill the detective". How can I go on?

[Post New]by crazytfs on Oct 21, 09 1:29 AM
Hi i just started playing the game got to the shed with the ladder in how do i secure the ladder as i cant get no further with out it??? pls some1 help me x

huntley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by huntley007 on Oct 21, 09 9:25 PM
I am stuck in the second room, mouse would not show up, I tried it with the normal mouse but then the room is still frozen even though the mouse now appears, keep clicking but nothing is happening. A friend said my processor is too slow but I managed to play return to ravenhurst on the same system. I notice others in this discussion seem to have the same problems, I was so looking forward to playing this game and have just purchased it. Please any advice

[Post New]by NikkiG1947 on Oct 22, 09 3:03 PM
litlwhiskey wrote:I cannot get out of the masters house, I have gone back and forth between the two rooms, found the punchcard, opened the door to the bedroom, and it still wont let me leave the backyard of the masters house. I have the ropeladder, the glass container and the punchcard in my tools. What am I missing?

[Post New]by phobarbenix on Oct 24, 09 12:26 AM
i think the game is fine, but i have to wait 10-20 seconds between scenes. i can't just jump from 1 room to the next. it has to think about it. i can pick up things in the hidden object scenes with only a second or so delay, and could NOT use the custom cursor. it dragged or would just stop and i'd have to wiggle it to un-stick it. very frustrating. so i use the regular one and it's much better. any ideas about the long delays??

shafu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by shafu on Oct 25, 09 3:16 PM
karieme wrote:I am stuck, I believe, in the masters house at the punchcard machine. I put in a punchcard & pulled the lever, it gave me a punched card. However, it keeps taking me back to the bookcase & the punchcard machine but doesn't let me re-access the punchcard machine. I am trapped - HELP!

shafu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by shafu on Oct 25, 09 3:25 PM
This is my first on these forums, but first have to say that if it wasn't for forums on Return to Ravenhearst I never would have gotten through that game. Very helpful, but I see you haven't had any posts to this one, but maybe you already figured it out as I had a time with it also, but I figured out that you have to put the "punch card" in machine then click on the missing bookcase numbers then pull lever and basement door will open. That is as far as I have gotten now, as I had to read between lines on some forum posts on this game.
I also had problems with this game when I got to this part, it wouldn't let me reopen book and then it just shut down on me altogether. I had to shut down computer entirely and restart and I was able to complete punchcard and bookcase puzzle and I am now going into basement. Hope it keeps working as I just purchased game today.
Good Luck

[Post New]by ansert on Oct 25, 09 5:59 PM
Hi there

Everytime I try to open this game I get an error message that reads:
Access Violation 0x006864F6 (tried to read 0x0000003C)
I have read the help page and tried everything there (shutting down Virus Protection, updating drivers etc.) but nothing helps.

Any suggestions please?
Thanks

[Post New]by HiddenObjectPlay on Oct 27, 09 12:12 PM
I am in the theater but the game will not let me pick up the hammer, what do I do?

Go to: