bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 29, 15 12:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing various issues with this particular game.

For players that are having issues downloading this game, the following help article may contain hints:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Thank you valjoy for mentioning that if you are having issues with the wire, to start with a new profile and grab the wire before opening the post box and gate. We've gone ahead and passed along this information to the appropriate team and will update the forums if we hear of any additional information regarding this issue. If you would not like to start over, our Technical Support Team can help troubleshoot.

If you are still experiencing issues, you are welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help!

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by TerriTarHeel on Oct 29, 15 1:07 PM
Hello, fishies!

I don't have any answers, just a description of the problem I'm having in the event someone knows what the resolution might be!

I downloaded FFS City of The Past to take advantage of this Tuesday's special (half price CE if purchasing new MCF...) During the demo, while I was on the "street" outside Evelyn's house (where the black cat is crossing the street), my screen froze. The "fatal error" log created by the game states "Cannot find layer postcards_4". Each time I restart the game, once I click on the "main story" window to resume, "loading" appears at the screen bottom and then freezes.

I missed out on the half price sale.

My OS is Win7, plenty of memory, video card and Windows are updated - all the "Freezing help" troubleshooting has been done with no luck. Uninstalled/reinstalled game, no luck. I created a Dr. Felix report and sent it in with a request for help. I received what I call a "canned" response that told me to do all that I had already done and if I want to troubleshoot, send the Dr. Felix report... I replied, again requesting troubleshooting assistance. Hopefully, the cavalry will arrive soon. :>

Terri

[Post New]by ziggy007 on Oct 29, 15 2:25 PM
Thanx for all your responses, looks like i will have to start again, quite annoying as i dont usually buy the games but this one seemed really good hayho never mind

[Post New]by shasha73 on Oct 29, 15 4:12 PM
I'm trapped in the theatre. I can't interact with anything, nothing in the inventory or the map. I'm playing on a PC and everything is up to date. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but still no luck. Up until this point, I've had no issues. Super frustrating as I was really enjoying it.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Oct 30, 15 7:26 AM
I use Windows 8.1 64 bit, two things that annoyed me are the map, I had to get it just right before I could open it, and the gap between each scene, it was so annoying.

I wish the developers would test out there games on each platform, then perhaps the annoying things would be removed, I don't think that us who are members are asking to much, we pay our membership fee every month, and the games cost enough, so think about it BFG, and developers !

[Post New]by lilyrose24 on Oct 30, 15 8:27 PM
It seems lots of people are stuck because the wire wasn't in the mail box. This is the 4th game in a row that I have bought that has technical issues. Big Fish games used to be good. What happened!

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Oct 31, 15 3:46 PM
I too am having trouble getting the wire. Will have to start over again. This is the only glitch I've had so far. Sorry a lot of you are having downloading and freezing problems! Hopefully they will have it fixed soon!

[Post New]by Sharohelena24 on Nov 1, 15 8:23 AM
I got almost to the end of the game and it froze! Using Windows 7.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 2, 15 9:06 AM
I am having the same problem - don't know where to get the wire. I really don't want to start the game over! Very, very frustrating.

[Post New]by marmcmullen on Nov 4, 15 11:01 AM
I had the same problem as a lot of the other posts...did not get the wire so I went back REPLAYED the whole game, got the wire and now I can't get the Knight Figurine from the piano keys. I refuse to go back and replay it a third time. This game could have been a really good one...but all of these glitches really suck. Somebody needs to get their act together. I won't be buying anymore games created by this company.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 4, 15 5:28 PM
This would be an excellent game if it weren't for the Fatal Errors that occur about every half hour of play. I was hesitant to purchase this because I had trouble with the last two Fear for Sale games, but the demo was so good, I bought it anyway.

I don't know if I'll be able to finish the game or not. I do know that constant Fatal Errors don't add to the enjoyment of playing.

[Post New]by mhays5 on Nov 7, 15 12:33 PM
I am also having a problem getting the knight figurine from piano keys. I am going to switch to new game till you figure it out but at least now I was saved from restarting the game and getting stuck again.

[Post New]by rainland2 on Nov 7, 15 5:28 PM
I am also having the wire issue. Having read the posts it seems this has been an issue for weeks now. Why hasnt there been a fix? I just bought the game today and now I am going to quit until there is a fix. Very disappointing big fish.

[Post New]by GreeneyedLady80 on Nov 8, 15 3:39 PM
I am posting this on Nov 8, 15. The last post someone made with the same issue as myself was yesterday. I do not have the wire so I am unable to start the compressor in the schoolyard. It was suggested to restart the game with a new profile, grab the wire from the mailbox and continue on. However, others who have done this have run into another glitch with getting the knight from the piano. I'm sorry. I will not continue with this game. Trading one glitch for another is too frustrating.
The developers created a wonderful game that I was thoroughly enjoying. I spent an hour and a half going back and forth from the schoolyard to the city street trying to find whatever it was I was missing to be able to move forward in the game. Then I clicked the hint only to be guided by its little arrow back and forth for another hour.

When y'all get this problem fixed with a patch or whatever, I'll finish the game. In the meantime I have a life to live and other games to play. No whining here, no stomping my feet. Just a grown-up letting you know this is a problem for another person. BF has my email. Email me when you get it all figure out. Thanks in advance for reading my post.

P,S, I'm playing on Windows 8, Toshiba Laptop

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 3:43:47 PM PST

[Post New]by Braves1lady on Nov 9, 15 7:18 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the doll puzzle? As I said before, I have played the game twice, used the strategy guide to make sure I had the geometric shapes on the right doll (I did), but the chest won't open. I went all over the game thinking I must have to do something else first, but no luck...

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Nov 9, 15 9:11 AM
Braves1lady wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the doll puzzle? As I said before, I have played the game twice, used the strategy guide to make sure I had the geometric shapes on the right doll (I did), but the chest won't open. I went all over the game thinking I must have to do something else first, but no luck...

Did you check the position of the eyes on the doll's faces?

[Post New]by Braves1lady on Nov 9, 15 3:11 PM
Yes, I did, and I clicked on them. Is there a particular order?

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on Nov 9, 15 4:38 PM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
I am in the Gallery and just put the pieces of evidence in the diary. There are no arrows to navigate out of the room. Neither the map nor the tasks will open, so I cannot progress.

The guide and the menu still open.

heidiham4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by heidiham4 on Nov 9, 15 7:11 PM
Stuck once again in your games. Getting old...... Cannot use the film reel in the trial Whats up? New drivers etc,not my fault!

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Nov 10, 15 7:06 AM
Outside Evelyn's house is a statue head with a sun indentation and a box which requires a key. I did the statue head no bother but now I've got the key it will not allow me to zoom in on the box to use it. Anybody experienced similar or am I just being dense?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I restarted the game under a different profile and managed to get past it but now, like a lot of other people, I'm unable to get the wire from by the gate. So am I to use a third profile and hope no other glitches present themselves? Not on your nelly. It's disgraceful that such a faulty product is being sold; do these developers not test their games? What of Quality Assurance? Ha!

Edited on 11/11/2015 at 6:40:32 AM PST

Go to: