Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by tophats on Jan 19, 16 1:29 AM
I'm also running windows 10 and the game is downloading to the task bar.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by the1trafficman on Jan 22, 16 1:48 PM
the1trafficman wrote:I am having the same problem as well. At first I thought it was my Big Fish downloader so I uninstalled and reinstalled that but the problem persists. I downloaded other games in the interim so I know the installer is not the problem. I am running windows 10 as well and have had no problem with any of my other 80 plus games that I have purchased in the past and present. Thanks!!

Still having this issue. I have not had this problem with any other BF Game. I did a clean reinstall of win 10 on my Game PC and downloaded all my other games and this is the only one that still has issues. It downloads fine but when I try to play it only opens to the taskbar. I know it is not my copy of win 10 nor the BFG installer as all of that has been reloaded and fully updated. Thanks!!

[Post New]by amberlynnpa on Feb 6, 16 6:35 AM
I am having the same problem with Windows 10, everything upgraded, followed all the help instructions, and cannot get it to work. It stays on the task bar. Has anyone gotten this to work on windows 10??

teaset3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by teaset3 on Feb 7, 16 10:19 AM
I also am having the same issue with windows 10. They need to look at getting an update for the game so we can play it on windows 10.

[Post New]by DaktylsMom on Feb 9, 16 8:19 PM
Well, ME TOO. Same thing as the rest of you. Icon opens on the task bar. This is also one of my "Favorites of all time". The first post was back in late Oct if I remember right. I don't WANT a game credit... I want THIS one to work. I already had to give up a game in 2014. "Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE...as did others. It would not let you click on an item. Contacted BF, the developer ... anyone I could whine to. Never a fix... not holding my breath here.

[Post New]by DaktylsMom on Feb 9, 16 8:57 PM
One more thing. Just tried to install the SE version. Same thing. Opened an icon of the game on the task bar. Interesting CE and SE same problem. I was able to get the SE version of the game mentioned in post above and it worked.
Info for BF. 2 computers. Both Dell. Laptop not even a yr old. W8.1 upgraded to W10. Desktop, upgraded W7 to W10. Maybe 4 yrs old?

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,593 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Feb 10, 16 5:42 AM
My goodness! Two pages with the same complaint about the game and...silence....

What good is it to have a TECH ISSUES thread when the issues aren't addressed???

Note: I have done everything that has been suggested...the game still goes to the TASK BAR.

Edited on 02/12/2016 at 5:16:55 AM PST

teaset3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by teaset3 on Feb 14, 16 1:15 PM
I have been a member for over 10years and have spent way too much money buying these games, as have all the others posting to this thread. No one is getting any answers. FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM SO WE CAN PLAY THIS GAME ON WINDOWS 10. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT, THEN TELL US SO WE CAN MOVE ON. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

[Post New]by elainegaye on Mar 7, 16 4:36 AM
I'm relieved that it's not only me but grieved for all my fellow MCF fans who want to play Dire Grove on their Windows 10 computers. If I use Task Manager to maximise the Dire Grove "app", a big blank white screen appears but nothing else. I had started playing my way through all the MCF games again before I buy the most recent 3 releases (Dire Grove, Sacred Grove; Key to Ravenhearst; & Ravenhearst Unlocked). Now I am stalled at Dire Grove, grr

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Mar 15, 16 8:50 AM
Hey Folks,

Last night after reading this thread, I decided to Google the problem and according to ****, Dire Grove is INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 and there is no plan in the works to make it compatible. I have sent the usual Dr Felix to Tech Support but it is starting to look as if I am going to have to go back to Windows 7. I have had nothing but problems running BF Games on Windows 10.

And BigFish: If you take down this post because I pointed other players to **** for revealing the secret you have been keeping, I swear before all I hold sacred that you will have lost a customer who has been buying games regularly for eleven years.

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Mar 15, 16 9:49 AM
bfgWaimea wrote:However, in the meantime, we've noticed that the steps in the Windows 10 help article in bfgBellerophon's post have provided resolution for many players who were experiencing those issues.
bfgWaimea

So, the last "technical support" suggestion was in December. My machine is completely up to date, yet cannot play this game. I have even gone further and used compatibility mode of Windows 7. No dice.

Big Fish's silence in the past three months is telling. They have no solution to this problem, nor are they even going to try. We're stuck. In fact, another website has stated flatly that this game is not compatible with Win10.

My question to BF: What are you going to do about it? We paid for this (and other MFC games) and want to play them. Oh, and suddenly there's a half-sale on MCF games today? Are you freaking serious?? Wow. Just wow.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,593 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Mar 15, 16 5:46 PM
Does seem a bit odd to offer a game that so many people will not be able to play. Isn't it enough that those of us that have already purchased the game and have upgraded to Windows 10 can no longer play?

"Upgrade to the full version and this game is yours to play forever" Hmmm

Edited on 03/15/2016 at 11:57:47 PM PST

cmpear
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by cmpear on Mar 17, 16 10:58 AM
How come Mystery Case Files Dire Grove don't work with Windows 10 but It working perfect with Macintosh?? I bought Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove CE from store. Is it not working after updates?? I don't understand it. I can't get it work on my HP pavilion laptop but it working prefect well on my new MacBook. Oh my gosh it got subtiles(on Macbook pro).

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Mar 21, 16 9:50 AM
BF tech support's silence on this subject is very telling. I don't believe that we will see a patch for Windows 10. It's one of my favorite games. Scottsteaux63 ended up reverting his computer back to Win7, so when I want to play DG, I'll use his machine.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,609 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 19, 16 5:31 PM
I cannot believe BFG has not given you guys the simplest of info...the problem is the GAME not your computers. As you upgrade to a new operating system the game can no longer be played because it is no longer compatible. If you go to the main game page it says the system requirements are: OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8. NOT Windows 10. The game itself needs to be upgraded to play on newer systems.

I play on a Mac and have the exact same problem (lucky you, cmpear, I can't get old MCF games to play on my new Mac OS). There are many games that I can just never play again...unless the developers decide to spend the money to upgrade the games and I have yet to see that happen. I won't be holding my breath.

Draclvr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Draclvr on Jun 8, 16 2:03 PM
Have any of you tried running the compatibility troubleshooter in Windows 10? I did and the game is working just fine. The game was already installed on my system when I did the Windows 10 upgrade. It also just opened to the taskbar. I went to the .exe file (application) in the Dire Grove folder and right clicked. I selected troubleshoot compatibility. The troubleshooter chose Vista and I tested the setting. The game opened just fine. But when I closed the troubleshooter and tried to run from the desktop icon, it once again just opened to the taskbar.

So, I uninstalled the game, downloaded and reinstalled. Now it's working perfectly.

[Post New]by LuckyDie5 on Jun 10, 16 12:21 PM
Add me to the long list of people who cant play this game on windows 10. I too submitted DrFelix reports and followed all advice to get this game to open. I tried downloading it from Big Fish, and installing it with a disk but I just get a blank screen. I was given a free game credit by Big Fish. I believe the problem will probably be solved only by downgrading to windows 8, which Im not sure how to do, unfortunately. Very bummed as this was a favorite game of mine!

[Post New]by LuckyDie5 on Jun 11, 16 7:00 AM
Just to add to my previous comment, I own every mystery files game, and I can download and play every other mystery files game since my upgrade to windows 10. My question is why cant Dire Grove open when all the other games will? Games that are older then it. Huntsville is the oldest I believe and it runs on windows 10. Dire Grove has the Big Fish logo on it, cant they get the developer to update this not so old game? Also if Big Fish is going to continue to sell this game, they should state that it wont work with window 10

[Post New]by lgouchen on Jul 1, 16 6:47 PM
Ok, I have tried all suggestions also, including trying to use compatibility mode, but nothing works. I am very sad and frustrated. I too have all of the MCF games and all work perfectly except Dire Grove CE. I don't understand why Big Fish won't address our problems.

[Post New]by pamelahardie on Jul 4, 16 2:25 PM
I too, am having the same problem. Running on Windows 10, and yes it it up to date (I have it set to automatically update). I did have the standard version but enjoyed the game so much I upgraded it to Collector's edition when there was an offer available. Have also received a credit to purchase a different game but I would like to play this one! Please resolve this problem asap!

Go to: