Marme6
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Welcome to Destination: Treasure Island forum

[Post New]by Marme6 on Oct 9, 09 4:54 PM
I have found the treasure chest and have placed the parts on top (eye, gears, repaired carriage) but the mirror wont change from vertical to diagonal. What am I missing?
Marme6

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 9, 09 8:52 PM
Marme6 wrote:I have found the treasure chest and have placed the parts on top (eye, gears, repaired carriage) but the mirror wont change from vertical to diagonal. What am I missing?
Marme6

Check Chapter 20 of the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games. Just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It will take you step by step through what you need to do to solve that puzzle.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 10/09/2009 at 8:52:55 PM PST

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Oct 9, 09 9:53 PM
I have just bought this game and have started it. In the beginning you have to choose which profile you want. Can someone tell me the difference between them and which one is any better. Thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 9, 09 10:36 PM
scalad wrote:I have just bought this game and have started it. In the beginning you have to choose which profile you want. Can someone tell me the difference between them and which one is any better. Thanks.

As far as I can tell there is no gameplay difference between the profiles, it's just to allow more than one person to play the game on the same computer.

Robin

[Post New]by chefaristos on Oct 9, 09 11:03 PM
PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??? JUST BOUGHT GAME AND CANT GET PAST THAT STUPID STONE NEAR THE WATER??? WHAT DO I DO PLEASE???

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Oct 10, 09 1:59 AM
robin94122 wrote:
scalad wrote:I have just bought this game and have started it. In the beginning you have to choose which profile you want. Can someone tell me the difference between them and which one is any better. Thanks.

As far as I can tell there is no gameplay difference between the profiles, it's just to allow more than one person to play the game on the same computer.

Robin

Thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 09 10:09 AM
chefaristos wrote:PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??? JUST BOUGHT GAME AND CANT GET PAST THAT STUPID STONE NEAR THE WATER??? WHAT DO I DO PLEASE???

Probalby the easiest thing is to check the Blog Walkthrough which is posted free here at Big Fish Games. It will show you step by step what you need to do, including screenshots. To get to the walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the wlakthrough.

I's quite likely that you missed a couple of items in the very first chapter in the Cabin which will make your life MUCH easier. Take a look at the walkthrough, and since you're so close to the beginning, you may want to just restart at the beginning.

Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 09 10:12 AM
Moderators,

I'm a bit confused, please forgive me...I was told not to put any spoilers in the first two "sticky note" topics about the game, but to only put those in the lower forum topics.

It seems as though many members use the "Welcome to..." topic as a catch-all for all kinds of questions, including those that require spoiler answers.

Are we supposed to keep the Welcome to" topic spoiler-free, or just the Reviews topic.

I'm happy to answer questions where I can, I just want to be sure I'm following the forum guidelines.

Thanks so much!
Robin

[Post New]by PuzzelMom on Oct 12, 09 1:57 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game, are there any games like this one!!! With lots of puzzels and not too easy. Love to play more games like this.

[Post New]by Clarktalk on Oct 12, 09 6:11 PM
My Mother and I very much enjoyed this game. However what is the purpose of the profiles in the beginning? We played the game each time picking a different one and nothing changed. We are just curious.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 12, 09 8:07 PM
Clarktalk wrote:My Mother and I very much enjoyed this game. However what is the purpose of the profiles in the beginning? We played the game each time picking a different one and nothing changed. We are just curious.

As far as I know, the profiles are just to allow more than one person to play the game on the same computer, they don't affect the gameplay in any way.

Robin

[Post New]by toycar2001 on Oct 13, 09 10:43 AM
gipsy_2007 wrote:Love the game, but the skeleton didn't fall when I blew the horn. Do I have to restart the game to overcome this?

Dedee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Dedee on Oct 14, 09 12:41 AM
CHAPTER 22 I cant combine the tobacco pouch and powder horn Please HELP me

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 17, 09 12:24 PM
Dedee wrote: CHAPTER 22 I cant combine the tobacco pouch and powder horn Please HELP me

If you emptied the powder horn earlier, you will have to reassemble it with the gunpowder.

If that's not possible, you'll have to get more gunpowder from the barrel in the fort, but you may not be able to do that until you've cleaned the cannon, I can't remember.

Eventually one way or another you'll have a full powder horn and then you can combine it.

Good luck!
Robin

Nietos9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nietos9 on Oct 17, 09 1:07 PM
I forgot to get the clay at the swamp. I have tried to go back and get it, but can't. Help!! I need the clay to move on to make the cannonball. Thanks.
Nietos9

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 17, 09 3:51 PM
Nietos9 wrote:I forgot to get the clay at the swamp. I have tried to go back and get it, but can't. Help!! I need the clay to move on to make the cannonball. Thanks.
Nietos9

There are several things you can do.

First, try the map. You should be able to get to some location on the other side, then come back up. There is a path to the swamp next to Hollow Head, so you can start at Snare Valley or Hollow Head.

If you look at the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games, you'll find a screen shot that shows you exactly where to look for the clay.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Alternatively you can build a bridge across the swamp.

Go to the edge of the swamp and look around. You will find some branches that you can use to make a path so you can safely cross in both directions.

Good luck!

Robin

Welcome to Destination: Treasure Island forum

[Post New]by clairedempster on Oct 20, 09 3:07 AM
i am at the wreck but because im holding the breathing app i cant pick anything else up and all my storage is full. is there any way to get rid of some of the items. thanks claire

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Oct 20, 09 3:43 AM
If you look at the top of the inventory box you will notice some tabs. These let you access more pages for storing things, you will have more than enough space for things.

[Post New]by mizlibhill on Oct 20, 09 8:35 AM
I arrive at Emerald Island but there is no magnetic rock, no rusty knife, no skull cave.
Help!! What;s going on?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

MizLibHill

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 20, 09 5:47 PM
mizlibhill wrote:I arrive at Emerald Island but there is no magnetic rock, no rusty knife, no skull cave.
Help!! What;s going on?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

MizLibHill

Actually, if you did everything right in the first chapter, you land on the other side of the island, near the Flowery Coast, so you don't see the things (which are at Cape Fear, hence the reference to "fear" in the rhym) you're mentioning until later in the game.

Are you by chance using a walkthrough from a different site?
If you check the Blog Walkthrough which is posted free here at Big Fish Games, you'll probably find that you're exactly where you're supposed to be at the beginning of Chapter Two.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Walkthrough.

You can also tell if you landed safely on the Flowery Coast (instead of crashing at Cape Fear) just by looking at the boat you arrived in. Does it have a hole in it and is the pole broken off? If so, you crashed.

If it's in one piece and the pole is sticking forward from the boat in one piece, you did everything correctly in Chapter one and have landed on the Flowery Coast.

Hope that helps a bit--the Blog Walkthrough should help more.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 10/20/2009 at 5:49:08 PM PST

Go to: