hog with four tv screens

Re:hog with four tv screens

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Oct 30, 15 10:29 PM
GameLvr30 Thank you thank you thank you!!! This puzzle was driving me crazy!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 31, 15 1:07 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:Most people don't want to skip puzzles. I mean what's the point in playing a game if all you do is skip everything.

I hardly skip, but if I don't have a clue what to do, I'll skip...

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Oct 31, 15 3:40 PM
magnoliajem wrote:GameLvr30 Thank you thank you thank you!!! This puzzle was driving me crazy!

You're welcome!

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Nov 1, 15 9:58 AM
@mimiheart you can redo this in the Extras and get credit for the scene. Still doesn't fix the glitch but gets the achievement, which would soften the blow for me anyway. Good luck!

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on Nov 3, 15 2:54 PM
Thank you. These were confusing as heck even after reading the "instructions."

lumimat
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lumimat on Nov 9, 15 9:18 PM
Thank you so much, GameLvr30! I was so confused, but with your help I solved all the screens.

lakegurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lakegurl on Nov 10, 15 2:57 PM
I add my HUGE thanks to GameLvr30! I was going bonkers trying to figure this one out...and feeling more than a bit foolish that I wasn't able to. With GameLvr30's help, I could finally solve them effortlessly. Geesh why couldn't the strategy guide be as helpful!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 14, 15 8:47 AM
javajule, lumimat, and lakegurl - I'm glad I could help. You're welcome!

jr7333
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jr7333 on Nov 15, 15 11:22 AM
I skipped these puzzles in the initial game but now am trying to get gold cups for all HOP's in the extras. I will try your hint GameLvr30 but so wish there was a visual walkthrough for this one. This is the only puzzle I skipped because I totally didn't understand it. Still not certain I do. GameLvr30 were you able to do this puzzle in under 30 seconds and get a gold cup in the extras? Thanks so much for trying to help!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 15, 15 12:19 PM
jr7333...maybe this will help.

Look at the puzzle as being single blocks that can be filled in.....
EXCEPT, that once you have filled in an area, you can go back and select a portion of it, and "uncolor" it.

The examples shown, show you exactly what to do....but they will not show it to you until you actually select the game.
That is what made it really confusing for me.

But, in drawing terms, it is seeing and drawing negative space rather than just positive space.
hope this helps.

jr7333
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jr7333 on Nov 15, 15 3:59 PM
GameLvr30 I did it! I got my gold cup. It took me awhile to figure out how to translate your solutions into actual moves but I finally GOT it! Went through them 3 times and on the 3rd try got my GOLD! Thank you so much. I will now move on to the rest of them and will get back to you if I get stuck again. You are the best!

jr7333
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jr7333 on Nov 15, 15 4:01 PM
tookat thanks so much to you too! I am moving on in my quest for all HOP Gold Cups. The extras are taking me as long as the original game.

[Post New]by simchabl on Nov 16, 15 6:28 PM
I was able to do 2 of the screens w/o problem; but I can't even get my cursor to highlight on the other 2. I've hit 'reset' several times but nothing works! I don't want to skip because of a tech glitch. Any ideas?

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 23, 15 6:43 AM
jr7333 wrote:GameLvr30 I did it! I got my gold cup. It took me awhile to figure out how to translate your solutions into actual moves but I finally GOT it! Went through them 3 times and on the 3rd try got my GOLD! Thank you so much. I will now move on to the rest of them and will get back to you if I get stuck again. You are the best!

You're welcome! I'm glad you were able to finally get the gold cup.

I'm an achievement junky so I know what it means to finally get that achievement you have so much spent time and energy on completing.

northpolejo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by northpolejo on Dec 13, 15 10:49 PM
This gets my vote for worst puzzle EVER.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 21, 15 7:33 PM
Nope.....I beg to differ. I think the worst puzzle is in Ravenhearst Unlocked....
the rebuild the ribbon around the book puzzle is a lot harder.
These take some thinking, but once you understand the trick, are easily solvable.

That ribbon puzzle makes my head steam, and I am going to have to skip it, I think.

[Post New]by animejosse on Dec 31, 15 4:01 AM
Thank goodness for these boards. I wondered if it was that type of puzzle, but between the overly vague info and the buttons just being + and - I thought was mistaken and was ready to tear my hair out. Thank you so much GameLvr30 for giving us proper info!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 15, 16 9:13 PM
mimiheart wrote:I did the first three, and the fourth one was impossible to do. Nothing would click. Nothing would click. I ended up using a hint in the main part of the HOG thinking I was missing some sort of piece... the first hint I've used all game. NOPE. Then I skipped. I'm mad. I don't like using hints and I don't like skipping. I feel like I skipped because of a technical glitch rather than because the game was actually hard.
I had this same problem on the 4th puzzle, mimiheart. The cursor wouldn't highlight anything. I ended up skipping as well, even after shutting down game and going back in. And I feel the exact same way about it! Grrrrr.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jan 20, 16 5:59 PM
animejosse wrote:Thank goodness for these boards. I wondered if it was that type of puzzle, but between the overly vague info and the buttons just being + and - I thought was mistaken and was ready to tear my hair out. Thank you so much GameLvr30 for giving us proper info!

You're welcome!

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jan 26, 16 11:09 AM
had to skip them and some others they just did not seem to work

Go to: