Game wont' play

Re:Game wont' play

[Post New]by ftegal on Feb 3, 10 7:28 PM
I bought this game on disk about a year ago from Target. It played great on XP. But I got a new laptop with Vista on it so I downloaded it from BF because it said it was compatible with Vista from BF and the disc was not. This is the only reason I downloaded it from BF, and now it doesn't work. So I suspect it is an issue with Vista compatibility.

[Post New]by libby_elswood on Feb 6, 10 2:25 PM
I've just emailed them as I'm also having massive issues with this game and have gone through all their suggested steps. By law they are obliged to provide a product that works or fix it immediately or give a refund. If they don't do this they are in breach of consumer law. Has anyone been successful in getting a refund yet?

[Post New]by sassygurlgmr on Feb 9, 10 5:01 PM
This sucks. I purchased the game last night and haven't been able to play it yet. Like so many others, if I had read the forums, I would have known "not" to get this one. I have a membership and really don't have money to waste; I may cancel my membership.

Edited on 02/09/2010 at 5:02:01 PM PST

[Post New]by runninwyld on Mar 7, 10 6:01 PM
I JUST PURCHACED HOTEL GIANT AND I WISH I HAD VISITED HERE FIRST ... THE GAME STILL DOES NOT WORK ...are they even trying to fix this problem? If the know its not working then WHY is it still on the list to buy and play ... looks like they got everyones 7 dollars and doen't care what happens to the ones that bought it ............ AND its been going on since SEPTEMBER OF 2008

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 6:05:36 PM PST

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Mar 28, 10 1:50 PM
I don't have a fix, but I read on the developer's website forums that it's not just Vista, but that it doesn't work with the newer processors. I don't know if anyone ever found a fix there either. I was only looking into whether to buy this game here or try to find Hotel Giant 2 somewhere else, and I ran across that information. I guess I won't be buying it here.

[Post New]by pebbles_10 on Apr 8, 10 3:27 PM
Have recently brought this game again a unhappy customer like us guys can't play it. Is BF going to help us with this game or not as there seems to be to many problems here. First time in this forum to see if I can get help and all I can see is the same thing happening with alot of you. My computer has been recently update so its not my computer. Please BF fix this problem so people can enjoy their purchase of this game. If there is anyone out there that can help

[Post New]by magicwizard123 on Apr 27, 10 4:55 PM
I bought this game yesterday and when i put the learning campaign the elevator goes up to ten and then the game shuts down and i get a message that something stopped working. Please if anyone has the answer please post. If this problem cant get fixed i want my money back.

[Post New]by DazdnConfuzed on May 1, 10 5:52 AM
I bought Hotel Giant quite awhile ago, worked fine then, thought I would download it again, am having the same problem loads up fine go to learning campaign looks like it will load but, no, error message. Is BFG going to do something about this or what. I've bought heaps of games off them surely they owe it to us the consumer to fix this problem ASAP

[Post New]by pucky57 on May 7, 10 1:24 PM
I'm very disappointed in BF. It's apparent that there have been issues with this game for a long time and they haven't been corrected. I would expect them to discontinue this game and refund our money. We as consumers need to vote with our wallets. I will not be continuing my membership if this isn't corrected.

miss_azzi
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by miss_azzi on May 8, 10 11:50 AM
I am also having the exact same problem I have paid for this game and can't play it. I think it is despicable that this game has been having problems for so long. I have just done a trial on another game that I really enjoyed and would like my game credit back so I can buy it.

[Post New]by escence101 on Jun 26, 10 3:02 PM
I bought the game as well and it dosent play I have emailed and dont the tech support game and updates all i want is my money back at this point !

[Post New]by welsh798 on Sep 25, 10 6:39 AM
I bought the game about 3 years ago from game station and have had it replaced about 3 times. I have never been able to play it and that is frustrating.
I took the game round to a friends house and loaded it on his pc, and guess what it worked fine. But not on my pc.
I have windows xp and I know it's not my graphics card as I updated
it. I have just loaded the game today, when I tried to play the tutorial, I got an error message and could not answer it as my cursor disappeared so I could no send the error message.
Of all the games I play this is the only one that I cannot play!!!!!!!!!!
Is there anyone out there with answer??????????

[Post New]by brody_is on Oct 19, 10 3:37 PM
im havint this same problem,but it loads to 10 and says "HT has stopped working windows is chekcing for a solution ".. HELP i have also jsut bouth this game and have reinstalled it twice

[Post New]by Lapoopy on Oct 22, 10 7:03 PM
OH aint this a **** ? I just bought the game here on big fish and installed , it will start up for about 2 min then it automatically just shut down! I followed all their suggestions with the video update n the adobe n shockwave. **** like this pisses me off and they better just give me my money back or an credit so i can buy a new game. (a diffrent one)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 22, 10 9:07 PM
I also bought this game recently, though not from here after reading of all the problems everyone was having. I bought from another portal - guess what? Same exact problem everyone here is having. I went to the developer's site and read about others having this same problem all over the Internet. The developer has released a patch but the vast majority says it does not work. Oddly, even the review of this game by a famous game review site says it's a great game BUT this technical issue needs to be fixed. It's pretty bad when even the major game reviewers are encountering the same bug!

I guess what people say is that if you just go straight into the game (skipping the tutorial - but how can you really in a game of this magnitude) then you'll have better luck but in my opinion, that's just unacceptable. I have purchased Hotel Giant 2 (not carried here unfortunately) and so far, so good with that one. I asked for a refund for this one (and received it, no questions asked). I suspect there is a long history of complaints on this game for EACH portal. Why it has not been pulled yet is beyond me.

If you are looking for another game that is similar, made by the same developer without a game-killing issue such as this one, I would highly recommend Restaurant Empire.

For those who can't get the game playing, by all means contact customer support and request a refund.

[Post New]by mattifish1 on Nov 26, 10 12:30 PM
buy a backup disc from mattifish 1 tryed it works

[Post New]by MetalOz on Nov 28, 10 7:39 PM
mattifish1 wrote:buy a backup disc from mattifish 1 tryed it works

This sucks I guess I'll have to wait for my disc to arrive then. This really is bad for it to go on for so long. Luckily I haven't had any troubles with any others BF games

[Post New]by Tawnilanae1981 on Mar 10, 11 2:03 PM
Saddest part is, is now it is march 2011 and like an idiot i didn't read the forums till now, after having problems not being able to play hotel giant. you would think after 2 years they would remove this game.

[Post New]by lebeau13 on Mar 16, 11 5:01 PM
I just bought this game, and now I wish I had read this forum! The elevator gets to 10 then closes the window and says it won't play!

Do they have any result with a patch for this game???

[Post New]by Bunkys_Princess on May 7, 11 11:21 AM
I bought this game and got a game credit back from live chat..they sent me a code via email to use...this is my theory...they have this game...we all want it...we buy it they know it doesn't work on new comps.they issue a credit that way we need to buy the cheesy games they offer...just a theory
Also I think they have too many repetitive type of games they just change the theme and names of them...all the same object..just differen looks and themes..

Go to: