Re:Aztec Tribe comments and reviews

[Post New]by littleoracle on Oct 19, 09 10:13 PM
Yeah, I think this is the first time I'll be deleting a game I've bought without finishing it. TOTALLY annoying with the repairs, rebuilds, fires... I haven't even seen the Conquistadors yet and I'm fed up. I've been playing one level a night and I'm just done. The little "helpers" can't help a whole lot, like picking up the goods, and there should be more than one soldier when you upgrade the bunker. I confused the gold with the stones and traded the wrong one, I built two temples to kick up my input and BOTH kept getting fried by lightning... yeah, thumbs down, first time for me.

I've been looking forward to adventure/time management games because I'm sick to death of the hidden object games. I'd really like more of those - but this was too much.

[Post New]by librarian666 on Oct 20, 09 2:43 PM
i'm with you littleoracle. I am so tired of getting almost finished with the silver stage of a level (am up to 26) and having it freeze or disappear on me! This have happened on the last 3 levels!

[Post New]by littleoracle on Oct 20, 09 8:51 PM
librarian666 wrote:i'm with you littleoracle. I am so tired of getting almost finished with the silver stage of a level (am up to 26) and having it freeze or disappear on me! This have happened on the last 3 levels!

I haven't had anything freeze on me, but lots of stuff pauses - sometimes often. If that's what you mean, I feel your pain. Not sure what level I'm on, but if that's what you're talking about, I won't finish it either.

[Post New]by GramKracker on Oct 22, 09 4:43 PM
Overall I liked the game but it took almost a week of a few hours a day to complete it. I agree with too much repitition, a bummer not being able to save while in a level. I was determined to finish it because I paid for it, but like a lot of games once you complete them they are just there. Not to many that I go back and play again. Would have been nice to have a sandbox mode where you could just build a town your way.

reedsteve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by reedsteve on Oct 24, 09 3:02 PM
This game is a huge disappointment for the following reasons. Even more disappointing is that you don't know just how bad and annoying the game is until well after you've bought it, because it takes a while to figure out the following:

1. Constantly having to build from scratch is boring, annoying, and repetitive. Every level starts at ground zero.

2. The game basically goes nowhere -- you just build one little encampment after another, and nothing seems tied together (I've played 23 levels so far, and nothing makes any sense).

3. The challenge isn't in building a civilization -- it's a frenzy to build things while you're being pummeled with lightning strikes, fires, etc.

4. You lose the supplies you've earned at every level.

5. You can't save where you're at on a level. If you get interrupted, all your effort is history.

I've never complained about a game before, but this one is such a disappointment that I have to say something.

Edited on 10/24/2009 at 3:06:10 PM PST

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Oct 25, 09 9:24 PM
I actually really like this game, and I'm figuring out the ins and outs of the most efficient builds, but I do have to concur that the bugs that kick you out in the middle of a level are the MOST ANNOYING THING I've encountered in a game in a very long time.

This would be the first fix I worked on if I were the game's developer.

[Post New]by sowhat628 on Oct 31, 09 9:41 AM
It is ok but I really wish I had not wasted my game credit on it. With not being allowed to save it might be worth it if its on the 1/2 price sale rack.

Edited on 10/31/2009 at 9:41:50 AM PST

[Post New]by vivestelle on Nov 9, 09 3:53 AM
Bought this game after liking the trial version, but have given up on it.
What i thought was like a tutorial for the beginning levels - achieve this achieve that - is how the whole game is structured. Each level starts again from scratch - so it gets repetitive and I got irritated. Cute graphics tho - just would have liked a less structured/freeplay option too.

[Post New]by veryfrustrated on Nov 12, 09 10:38 AM
Finally finished it. Found last 4 levels (31-34) easier that previous few. Not so many repairs/lightening strikes etc. just as you are about to finish.
I thought you might go onto a harder level but no it finishes at Level 34 even if you dont collect all your awards, which i didn't

[Post New]by BellaSwan_Cullen on Jun 4, 10 6:15 PM
Not bad. But I think it took me a week to finish. Not the most exciting of games! Not really my genre of choice. I thought I'd try something new. A bit repetitive,with nothing amazingly new as u move up 2 the next level. Playable, but in the long run, forgettable!

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Aztec Tribe comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poliwird on Sep 29, 10 3:54 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Here is what our reviewer thought of Aztec Tribe.
<…>

Similar to:
Aztec Tribe
is a little like a mix between Totem Tribe and Townopolis. <…>

Review by E.G.

This kinda stunned me. I sit and think and try to find similarities between Aztec Tribe and Totem Tribe games, and nothing comes up except for the obvious word 'Tribe' in both titles. Isn't the 'similar to' section supposed to be about type of gameplay, not about wording?

So this and some other [p]reviews are rather misleading. While there's no timer in this game, it's not the one for those who expect 'a relaxed-mode build-a-lot experience'. The game does require some strategic planning, but it's very, very clicky. Gameplay is just like that: fast and precise clicking, the further the faster. This is for time-management fans rather than for city-building fans. Some people on the forum are really disappointed by this game but maybe the misleading description is the main reason for this, unfortunately it's not composed the way to attract clicky games fans.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 4:19:19 PM PST

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Mar 18, 11 7:49 AM
Ok, I have to assume that I'm playing this game wrong, the last level I played (and I'm not very far along) took me half an hour to do. I was expecting a fast paced game along the lines of royal envoy and my kingdom... but I am really disappointed. Can someone tell me the big strategy that I seem to be missing? it just doesn't make sense that one level would take 20-30 min

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Mar 20, 11 8:40 PM
someone said an hour for a level??!!! :o that's too much, it just drags and drags and drags. every time i get near the end my building collapses or something, it's really quite annoying. it's a good thing there's no timer because that would drive me crazy! i thought i was missing some big strategy and that's why it was taking me so long, appaarent'y not though. too bad. this game had potential, buying it after the trial was a mistake, it stayed the same with the exception of your buildings being destroyed every time you turn around. not a fan of it at all

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 6:27 PM
I've played through these games probably 3 complete times, and worked to get the highest level on each game. Then, my mouse hand began to throb, and I wondered why. I went to the doctor, she gave me some exercises to do with my hands, and I got better. Then, one day, I clicked back on this game and played it again....for probably 2 levels.

Yep...I realized what several people have realized before me: Whacking those dang birds to death is actually causing joint problems in my hand!

Even my husband commented one day on how many times I have to click in order to play this game. He said that by the time I finished probably 5 levels, I would have clicked the mouse probably 1000 times.

If you are young and spry, and have no history of arthritis in your family...click away. As for me, this game swore me off buying the latest installment of Aztec Tribe.

I loved this game and give it 4 out of 5 thumbs up,

But this game does not like me.

Tribe Games?

[Post New]by money6669 on Jan 30, 12 3:41 PM
Which games are the "Tribe Games" people compare this game to?

Tribe Games?

[Post New]by money6669 on Jan 30, 12 3:41 PM
Which games are the "Tribe Games" people compare this game to?

Go to: