shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet comments and reviews

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Oct 12, 09 1:06 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy to Medium. Not too hard to follow, but may frustrate a child or a beginner or someone who just wants a basic HOG.

Playability: Good. No loading or playing problems. Tutorials are good and can be turned off if desired.

Hints: You get 3 to start, then can either buy hints at the store or get free hints by clicking on the little character that pops up around the screen.

Clicking penalty: Screen will go into "flashlight mode" (everything dark except where your cursor is) for a while. The more you click, the longer the wait for the light to return.

Likes: Cute character runs across the screen to show you where items are when you click on a hint. Interesting story line, but it can also be skipped if you wish. Can skip mini games if you purchase a hammer from the store. Other help items can be purchased as well. Can go back to Map to play other rooms if you get stuck in one.

Dislikes: Would like to be able to earn more free hints.

Recommendations: You have to play through each level of the story to move on. If you don't like HOG that include clues and adventures, you may not like this game. However, it would be good for those who would like a little more variety in HOG, but something not too difficult. Stop and read all the hints when they pop up on your screen.

Will I buy it? Maybe. I found myself wanting to go on and do more I have more likes than dislikes for this game.

Edited on 10/12/2009 at 1:08:21 PM PST

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Oct 12, 09 1:12 PM
granraven3 wrote: I downloaded it today and it says I've already finished my 60 minute demo! OK, I suppose it is possible for me to make a mistake like that. I could have downloaded it yesterday, played it for an hour and completely forgotten about it. Nah, don't think so! But. . . I went to look at the shots of the game and now I know for sure that I did NOT play this game! Let alone for 60 minutes.

Help anyone know what's up with that?

I believe your 60 minutes starts as soon as it is installed into the BF Games "My Games" file, not when you start playing. This has happened to me, too - learned the hard way.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 12, 09 2:41 PM
I liked the first game and I liked this one, too. Great graphics? No. Unique game play? No. Highly memorable? No. But still quite fun. And I, too, love seeing Wipi... it just adds to the fun for some reason. They are on the right track with the interactivity and basic concepts of these games. It would be awesome if they updated their graphics. But definitely a buy for me because I'm a shameless HOG addict.

Edited on 10/12/2009 at 2:42:07 PM PST

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Oct 12, 09 2:54 PM
shoelesshs wrote:
granraven3 wrote: I downloaded it today and it says I've already finished my 60 minute demo! OK, I suppose it is possible for me to make a mistake like that. I could have downloaded it yesterday, played it for an hour and completely forgotten about it. Nah, don't think so! But. . . I went to look at the shots of the game and now I know for sure that I did NOT play this game! Let alone for 60 minutes.

I believe your 60 minutes starts as soon as it is installed into the BF Games "My Games" file, not when you start playing. This has happened to me, too - learned the hard way.

No, that's not right. I have downloaded a game to demo and had it in "My Games" file for days before I actually demo'd the game and my 60 minutes did not begin until I actually tried the game. I still have several game demo's with 22 and 6 minutes left on the demo and they don't lose any time just because they are in "My Games" file. There has to be another explanation.

Corie

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Oct 12, 09 3:40 PM
Good, solid HOG with different things to do. I like when they mix it up with the objects to find (some are individual objects...some find 10 of these) and also like that you have to interact with some of the scenes to find everything. Might not be the best in graphics or difficulty, but I thought it was a good game.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 12, 09 4:50 PM
Ditto other favorable reviews. My additions are: I played 2-worlds and was just started the 3-world, Paris, so it looks like the game has some play value. Not a difficult game. I would give it an easy-medium. I nice change from the more challenging HOGs. At the end of the 60 minute demo, I wanted more, so I'm of to purchase the game. 4- out of 5.

melxine13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by melxine13 on Oct 12, 09 5:12 PM
Hi, all! I am having a problem with one of the mini games. What is one supposed to do with the scale, sand, and sand vases? I can't seem to get anything to move beyond putting one of the vases on a post, and don't have enough to buy a hammer and skip. Thanks!

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Oct 13, 09 5:05 AM
For those sitting on the fence as to whether or not to buy this game - it is a good game. It is worth the money. Enjoy

[Post New]by bgegbg518839 on Oct 13, 09 7:51 AM
Great game. Plenty of twists and turns. Keeps the brain working. The trial time just disappeared. Will buy this one.

sanny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet

[Post New]by sanny1 on Oct 13, 09 8:00 AM
Can anyone help me, have got to World 5, where you have to click on the stones above the door, also do not have a machette to get into the bushes, I am assuming once you have clicked on the stones in the correct order you will get one. All help appreciated. (What order do you click on the stones?)

granraven3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by granraven3 on Oct 13, 09 10:20 AM
Corie60 wrote:
shoelesshs wrote:

No, that's not right. I have downloaded a game to demo and had it in "My Games" file for days before I actually demo'd the game and my 60 minutes did not begin until I actually tried the game. I still have several game demo's with 22 and 6 minutes left on the demo and they don't lose any time just because they are in "My Games" file. There has to be another explanation.

Corie

Me too Corie, I've still got 7 minutes left on quite a few games. Dunno what happened this time.

My other question is. . . where is the first game in this series? It would be good to start at the beginning if possible.

Sue

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Oct 13, 09 4:02 PM
I got bleeped!!! I can't imagine what I could have said that got me bleeped! I don't swear! Honest!

gameslvr wrote:Terrific game! Some areas hard to see but I like the variety of using coins, ****, and other types of puzzles. Other than the dark areas, I thought the graphics were fine and I enjoyed the last of this series and am happy to see another one.--(but boy, that brother is weird)

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Oct 13, 09 4:39 PM
Great game - very relaxing.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 14, 09 2:54 AM
This is a solid Hog-game, not great, not bad. But I won`t purchase it, because there are so much better games out.

spunkypunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by spunkypunk on Oct 14, 09 5:02 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is a solid Hog-game, not great, not bad. But I won`t purchase it, because there are so much better games out.

Please, Please tell me what those games are that are so much better. I'm looking for a GREAT HOG, and have bought some pretty bad ones recently!!!!

Thanks so much!!

[Post New]by briteredlips on Oct 15, 09 8:47 AM
After playing the demo and reading the reviews, I decided to purchase this game. At first I got lost with what to do regarding the interactive items. Then when I got to the sunken ship, I apparently drowned right away. lol. I went back and started over and realized I needed to save the coins I found to purchase items from the store to use later on. I also found the blog walkthrough very helpful. What I discovered was a fun game that offers challenge, generous hints, and lots of game play. This is quite a long game, which I consider a bonus. You have the option of skipping any mini games, provided you purchase the correct item from the store. The graphics are fairly good, I would not say crystal clear, however you still manage to get through with minimal difficulty. I consider this a game that's hard to put down, so I have to give it a big Thumbs Up!

percy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by percy on Oct 17, 09 8:01 AM
How did everyone get passed the aligning of the disc after the ship wreck. I have done everything and it looks right, everything is aligned but it just sits there.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 17, 09 6:52 PM
spunkypunk wrote:
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is a solid Hog-game, not great, not bad. But I won`t purchase it, because there are so much better games out.

Please, Please tell me what those games are that are so much better. I'm looking for a GREAT HOG, and have bought some pretty bad ones recently!!!!

Thanks so much!!

return to ravenhearst, this is the best game...imo

[Post New]by slowlearner on Oct 23, 09 3:58 PM
I am stuck. I cannot find the symble in the winter scene and the hadle in the living room I found in another room but cannot get it back.

[Post New]by Cadbury42 on Mar 14, 10 8:42 AM
The temple entrance-
where do I find the symbol that needs to be put on the entrance?

thanks

Go to: